-8gb ram 1600mhz
-nVidia gt 610m v5 2gb vram
-Windows 10 x64
and my brother has a: - intel pentium D 805 2,6 ghz overclocked to 2,96ghz
- nVidia gt 210 1gb
- 2gb of ram
- Windows 8.1 x32
and it runs at 60-80fps on max settings

EDIT: On my brother pc now runs at 90-100 fps .
check if LFS is really used the dedicated videocard and not some onboard-graphics chip or if some power-saving options are enabled
It used the dedicated videocard and no power-saving options .
Question about resolution - do both use same setting? Could also affect frame rate.

And other unrelated question - how can you even run the Winbloat 8.1 on 2GB RAM? I thought the bloated OS alone needs more then a half of that... Looking
yes we do. 1366x768

This is my brother's pc, as can you see it's overclocked from 2,66ghz to 2,96ghz which I forgot to mention.
#7 - BeNoM
Seems about right to me, what's the issue?
I get less fps with a i7 3630qm turboboosted 3,4 ghz and gt 610m 2gb(laptop) than a intel pentium d805 2,96ghz and a gt 210 1gb(pc)...
that is the issue ..
Quote from _Andrei_ :It used the dedicated videocard and no power-saving options .

And how do you know this for sure?

Post screenshot of LFS Options->Graphics screen otherwise it didn't happen!

(videocard name is on bottom, just above Z-buffer settings)
Your monitor can usually just catch 60fps. So 90-100 is enough.
Quote from kristofferandersen :Your monitor can usually just catch 60fps. So 90-100 is enough.

It's called 'hertz' and yes most monitors are 60hz.
QM is a full quad core CPU which can be problematic to cool properly in a laptop. Have you checked at what speed is your CPU actually running and that it's not throttling down? Given how cheaply designed heatsinks a lot of laptops have I wouldn't be surprised if overheating was at least part of the problem.
I get like 50-65°C when I'm playing , the cpu speed is 3,2Ghz at 12% . i will relase the screenshot for proving that it used the dedicated videocard soon.

Here they are Smile
I guess it's the AA and AF that is killing your performance. GF 610 is a very low-end card and it's fairly possible that it struggles with AA and AF.
Why does it only show 4xAA or off I wonder and not 2xAA. Try different videochip drivers?
Will overclocking the gpu help?
Quote from _Andrei_ :Will overclocking the gpu help?

If AA and AF is indeed the problem, overclocking won't do much. You can't really overclock anything in a laptop because the cooling system is usually designed to be just enough for the stock clocks.
Dust LOD is quite an FPS killer in dusty tracks,also real time reflections set to 12 has quite an impact. But yea - option of no or just 4x AA seems weird,maybe the GPU is a bit limited anyway? Also maybe worth trying to limit FPS or toggle v-sync - some cards do better (more stable) FPS that way and maybe worth check settings in Nvidia control panel,I mean - turn off some extras,the GPU isn't that powerful after all that you would get hundreds of FPS at max settings. Shrug
Pretty much AA and AF is your problem..Turn them off and you will see pretty big diffrence.
On my GF210 fps goes from 120 to like 30 if I have Full Scene AA to 8x..
Quote from neonmateo :Pretty much AA and AF is your problem..Turn them off and you will see pretty big diffrence.
On my GF210 fps goes from 120 to like 30 if I have Full Scene AA to 8x..

Same

BTW nice to hear that someone play also on sh***y GeForce 210 but is not that bad in lfs on low and max resolution i having 70-110fps on rockingham.
Update: Turning off AA and AF doesn't change anything still 50-60 fps.
Update: Using V-Sync at 140 fps it worked
If the usual AA setting is missing, and only AA off or 4X is shown, this is the AA setting for mirror views. When the main AA setting is missing, it means the post processing option is enabled in the misc settings, which can also cause performance differences.

Low fps on a mid-range laptop
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG