The online racing simulator
Lowers LFS price for Brazilians
(31 posts, closed, started )
Well guys, Most Brazilian players don't have some money to buy this game, for more than 50 euros is cheap for you, for Brazilians this price is very very expensive, in Brazilian Real is R$150,00. If the LFS team manages to lower the price in reais, many players may be able to play the original license, I recommend that you put a price of R$40,00 for the sake of being an old game and more... Please do this and do not ignore some Brazilian players if love this game. #impostoéroubo
#2 - BeNoM

Oooh, but on the pereulok thread: "#s2licenseforall or im gonna call mah bois to hack and shut down every server 1 by 1" "lixo huehuehuehue" "ama drift pro, come battle me for a license"
gringo tudo filha da puta
seus bosta do krl #voltapereuloqui aq e br porra nao e essas frescura de branquelo naum seus lish
I bet these guys are protesting also at local BMW dealer - "it's very expencive to buy M3 for 100k$,lower the price so we can also afford it"!

PS. Google translating the previous guy gives me just a random text with lots of cursing.
Agreed. Sonegar é legitima defesa
#PrayForPereulok
Maybe if you didn't crack LFS the cost of it could be distributed more evenly across all of its users.

But no - you come here and complain about a problem that you yourself contribute to. You come here and flout the forum rules, and have the impudence to demand respect. You won't get it from anyone here.
Quote from sNPaulin :Well guys, Most Brazilian players don't have some money to buy this game, for more than 50 euros is cheap for you, for Brazilians this price is very very expensive, in Brazilian Real is R$150,00. If the LFS team manages to lower the price in reais, many players may be able to play the original license, I recommend that you put a price of R$40,00 for the sake of being an old game and more... Please do this and do not ignore some Brazilian players if love this game. #impostoéroubo

You don't need to buy S3. And you know this becouse all cracked users need only xrt and au1 so you need to buy only S1 so you you almost get price wat you want becouse it will be cost only 50.00 brazilian money if for S3 is 150.00 and use brain more than crying here.
Hey LFS community! No need to berate them. Welcome every user that plays around here! Smile

We are all probably feeling your sadness about this. And again I'm afraid there's nothing that can be done (as of yet)...
You have to understand that in order for this wonderful racing sim to be updated and kept running, the developers have to keep getting official licence signups and activity on servers. This helps with the break-even and perhaps allows for more content to be updated.
It's kinda like how official licenced music works, the record companies don't really want piracy...

Probably in the long run, something (legal) can be introduced to assist in your difficulties getting a licence but as for now I and probably everyone hopes LFS as a racing community will stay together.
(and probably with greater racing activity a sale will occur, who knows... haha)

--
RE:
Scawen

Pereulok has become a big problem in recent times. The trouble is when it got to the point where more people are online on the cracked master server than on the real one. Then LFS suffers and its reputation suffers. It really starts to look like trouble when our earnings are only just paying the bills and the thought of closing down LFS development becomes an actual possibility.

We aren't ready to stop development on Live for Speed and we are working enthusiastically on good new things. It would be a great pity if we were forced to stop development for no reason other than piracy.

Pereulok is currently unavailable and I believe that repeat83 understands that we need to earn a living from this job, or LFS will die. He has considerable technical abilities and I hope he will find a way to put them to good use.

I hope that with Pereulok offline more people will join the official master server. Please go out there and race.
--

√AOR Nova - MoNsTeR
the reward is in the passion
So you can afford a PC but complain about the price of the game? What's next, you will prioritize gaming over starvation?
Quote from cargame.nl :Only the mentality is much better.

Not between gamer-kids. Some are as bad as these ones,only difference is that most are smart enough to not moan here. Shrug
Why would you ever discuss nationalities here I wonder... The topic question is kinda acknowledged problem (no matter how bad it is put). But the attitude this guy shows is one thing and where he comes from -- another one.

I have seen a lot of such nationality rubbish here and it wasn't ever good.
Quote from sNPaulin :Well guys, Most Brazilian players don't have some money to buy this game, for more than 50 euros is cheap for you, for Brazilians this price is very very expensive, in Brazilian Real is R$150,00. If the LFS team manages to lower the price in reais, many players may be able to play the original license, I recommend that you put a price of R$40,00 for the sake of being an old game and more... Please do this and do not ignore some Brazilian players if love this game. #impostoéroubo

Start by buying a S1, and upgrade later to S2 or S3. Problem solved. I know it's relatively expensive for your incoming wage, but lowering the price for a certain region always create problems and flaws that people will exploit to buy their game at lower price (for example I bought GTA V at launch for 27€ instead of 60€, by buying it on Nuuvem), so I don't think the developers could afford that.
Well, it would help if the original poster didn't start arguing with nationality (country). Then again, it's fair to admit LFS costs "more" for people in Brazil, compared to their common income.

Then again it would be also fair of them to admit they can choose to not play LFS and keep their money.

Also BTW I still think the price of LFS is very reasonable, even for regions like Brazil. If you think it is not, search for prices of some other games... like recently I did some calculation for one mobile game ("play for free"), if I would want to buy all in-game content, and it did cost about ~2000 EUR. Now compare that to ~50 EUR of LFS for S1+S2+S3.

(actually just one *single* premium car costs more than LFS S3 license in that game... Ya right ... one car only)
Quote from vitaly_m :Why would you ever discuss nationalities here I wonder...

Well, look at the naming of this topic and try to figure out who tries to be seen as 'exclusive'
hello.that was young guys never buy it. this kid dont have money for buy nothing, was like "mom you can give-me a ice cream? -no....first you have to study kid. - f**k school i go steal ppl" . just no brain,dont lost time with that. ppl in brazil can buy gopro, thrustmaster/logitech wheels, VR, blablabla..The best attitude is to let them cry alone.. scawen already delete thread, i think. btw Brazilian have "hacker blood" like russians. no way to stop that Frown

ps: im not racist.this just happen all days
Guys... save the community, not butcher and roast them. We're all driven by racing so don't take it out on them.
Quote from MicroSpecV :Guys... save the community, not butcher and roast them. We're all driven by racing so don't take it out on them.

I personally agree with that, we are all gamers, and LFS players, which is definitely not that common nowadays, and I welcome every player here, except the ones that believe that everything can be given for free, and can't get on their mind that the only options are using DEMO, buying a license or simply don't play at all.
Crack AAA if you want, they can amortise the cost of it and defend themselves (there is a limit there too, if you enjoy the game, buy it when you can afford it, that's the least you can do), but damn, have a little respect for indie devs !
You know something is f*cked up when the majority of the community is actually playing on a pirated version.

All of this make me think that the times where cracked LFS meant S2 on singleplayer and DEMO on multiplayer weren't that bad after all...
Quote from nacim :I personally agree with that, we are all gamers, and LFS players, which is definitely not that common nowadays, and I welcome every player here, except the ones that believe that everything can be given for free, and can't get on their mind that the only options are using DEMO, buying a license or simply don't play at all.
Crack AAA if you want, they can amortise the cost of it and defend themselves (there is a limit there too, if you enjoy the game, buy it when you can afford it, that's the least you can do), but damn, have a little respect for indie devs !
You know something is f*cked up when the majority of the community is actually playing on a pirated version.

All of this make me think that the times where cracked LFS meant S2 on singleplayer and DEMO on multiplayer weren't that bad after all...

Thank you for sharing my "different view on the community".
Well, we all accept that maybe they are indeed underfunded to purchase LFS.
And the developers probably will have to lower the prices or offer more Demo content (layout editor for cruise because apparantly that's what's needed), but that will only come if the activity and break-even is more positive.

Doesn't look like it's gonna happen anytime soon though...
Although @Scawen maybe look at annual subscriptions? Some people grow tired of LFS, or some may just want a short period to play. Might even be more attractive. Who knows.

All I know is that the saltiness from all the legit-licenced people has to stop. We don't want a mini-virtual war over two sides with actually equally valid points.
Quote from MicroSpecV :Well, we all accept that maybe they are indeed underfunded to purchase LFS.

I do understand that some are, but there are a lot of people that crack the game simply following the logic of "if I can have it for free, why would I pay?". I saw people having way higher end computer than me (and I'm supposed to be in a rich country and have an income, and I can say that my computer is pretty decent), but still, their they just don't want to buy their license, because they can have it for free.
LFS has a considerable advantage over other games, the licensing system. S1 is already a good amount of content for not much, and you can play on many servers actually. Every one interested in the full content can just start by buying the S1, enjoying it while saving some cash to upgrade to S2 later and S3 after that.
I don't get what's hard about that when you got an income and have money to spend on entertainment.
Licenses are permanent, I bought mine in 2009 and I only paid again for the S3 when it was released, while many other games are asking 60$ for yearly updates (sports games for example) and no one cares.

Quote from MicroSpecV :Although @Scawen maybe look at annual subscriptions?

nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope.

nope.

Quote from MicroSpecV :All I know is that the saltiness from all the legit-licenced people has to stop. We don't want a mini-virtual war over two sides with actually equally valid points.

My disrespect with cracked user comes from their disrespect to show off their cracked LFS on the forum. As a game developer myself, there is simply no way I can accept that.
Ah mano, para de frescura. Não precisa comprar a S3, a S2 tá ótimo pra quem faz drift. Compre o jogo e ajude os desenvolvedores a fazerem mais carros e mais pistas. Junte dinheiro, se vc tem dinheiro pra compra um PC vc tem dinheiro pra comprar um jogo que custa menos de 100 reais.
Quote from nacim :I do understand that some are, but there are a lot of people that crack the game simply following the logic of "if I can have it for free, why would I pay?". I saw people having way higher end computer than me (and I'm supposed to be in a rich country and have an income, and I can say that my computer is pretty decent), but still, their just don't want to buy their license, because they can have it for free.
LFS has a considerable advantage over other games, the licensing system. S1 is already a good amount of content for not much, and you can play on many servers actually. Every one interested in the full content can just start by buying the S1, enjoying it while saving some cash to upgrade to S2 later and S3 after that.
I don't get what's hard about that when you got an income and have money to spend on entertainment.
Licenses are permanent, I bought mine in 2009 and I only paid again for the S3 when it was released, while many other games are asking 60$ for yearly updates (sports games for example) and no one cares.

nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope. nope.

nope.

My disrespect with cracked user comes from their disrespect to show off their cracked LFS on the forum. As a game developer myself, there is simply no way I can accept that.

And this is where constructive discussion begins. Ways that LFS both as a developing game and community can help.

(and no when I meant subscriptions I mean we still keep the one-off licence payment, however, put a subscription option alongside it. And possibly lower the prices so you get more purchases (still), and with the increased buys you get eventually more profit) hm
This thread is closed

(31 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG