The online racing simulator

Poll : Do you support this?

yes
no
Full map editor (not an autocross editor)
I think it would be great if we could make our own tracks or cruising maps for LFS. We could even make open world cruising environments for cruising servers, so we're not just confined to a small track. LFS would be so much more fun with this addition and we would get to have open worlds and realistic physics.
Its a great idea yes. Think, not only cruisers would use it but also racing-leauges and racing types. But I don't think its going to happen until further down the line, since the game needs tonnes of work beforehand.

+1 anyway
#3 - BeNoM
+1

Awesome idea, been recommend multiple times before, but if it's ever going to happen it won't be at least for another few years.

P.S. There's already ways to do this with modding Wink
Quote from BeNoM :+1

Awesome idea, been recommend multiple times before, but if it's ever going to happen it won't be at least for another few years.

P.S. There's already ways to do this with modding Wink

Thats right... Looking If the Scirocco takes almost a decade to get in game I'm worried about an official map editor.

What's this modding you're talking about? Omg omg omg
#5 - BeNoM
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to talk
about this stuff here on this forum, but people have put in the Top Gear track into the game, a sand drift track and some other various tracks.

Are there any tutorials?
#7 - BeNoM
To modding in your own track?

No and I think it's against the rules (Not entirely sure)
#8 - Racon
Gig: Scawen has said he intends to release the track editor in the future, but that it needs some work before that happens and that there's a lot of things he wants to do first (tyre physics being the obvious). IIRC, he went as far as to say that it would be when he considers LFS to be a 'finished product'.
That's good that it's planned for release, but I hope it doesn't take 25 years to come out like a new update with a few minor bug fixes and minor new features.
First, developers do acknowledge that request and keep confirming their intention to make editor at some point in future (latest mention of editor I could find: https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1912398#post1912398 ).

So what is the point of that thread? Are you implying that editor should be given top priority? Okay, I would agree myself to be honest, but that's not us who make this decision...

The poll here is pointless because I don't get what is the question? I would be really interested to find out if there is any valid reason NOT to release editor (and just throwing "rfactor disaster" argument here is not a valid point to me). I guess the ones who voted "No" are people who agree that first comes tyre physics, then graphics improvements, then editor (which roughly represents the plan Scawen himself revealed).

I post this because I really don't want this thread to be a place where people discuss whether we should or should not get the editor.
It's gray ida having big map with real driving psysics but this will never happen in LFS. We have a lot open world games but no one has real physics i don't understand why and i'm confused a bit becouse these all games all about driving but what is the point of this when i can't play with wheel (yea i can but wheel behave unreal) also like sometimes play on gamepad these games but i don't have so much fun like playing lfs
^ I literally can't read what you wrote Big Eye
+1

Quote from BeNoM :^ I literally can't read what you wrote Big Eye

[[[Translated xd]]]

It's a great idea having a big map with real driving physics, but this will never happen in LFS. We have a lot of open-world games, but none of them have real physics. I don't understand why and I'm confused a bit because all these games are all about driving, but what's the point of it when I can't play with an Steering Wheel (I can, but it feels unreal), also sometimes I like to play on a gamepad on these games but I don't have too much fun like when Im playing LFS.
^ LFS doesn't work very well on a gamepad, it's best suited to wheels and wheels alone. Obviously that's not an option for everyone, so I do hope there's better controller support in the future.

On the other hand, the keyboard/mouse support in this game is phenomenal. Better than any other racing game I've tried.
Quote from Ibtasim6781 :
It's a great idea having a big map with real driving physics, but this will never happen in LFS. We have a lot of open-world games, but none of them have real physics. I don't understand why and I'm confused a bit because all these games are all about driving.

As an example; AC uses a zero-point reference for its physics calculations - the further you get from the zero-point, the less reliable the physics calculations get, which is what dictates the maximum size for their circuits.

I don't know for sure, but if LFS operates along similar lines, then there's the reason why it can't work without significant fundamental changes to the engine. It would need to be a completely different game engine, and made in a way that no-one else has thought of yet.

No small task...
ok...
those objects did not also have any physical collision model
like this?

any objects can have collision but game now don't support many objects with collision (error after loading track).

Full map editor (not an autocross editor)
(53 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG