The online racing simulator
needing help for realizing a project
Hey,

this is my first post in a forum ever, believe it or not (so don’t be harsh on me in case I violated some rules Wink As my user name says I’m in need of help. It might come a bit odd at first. I am an art student from Germany and I have taken an interest in the driving simulation LFS. I am preparing an exhibition for mid-November, hence not much time's left Wink and I really would like to exhibit a drift video in which a car is doing a doughnut drift for at least 10-15 Minutes. The following video gives an impression of what im intending to do. (though perspective/cardesign - skin/camera angle needs to be different)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxkj9XCoCqY&list=PLBAwttNsp4g0KWBIht4L9NAoaiKNj-foU

I need the drift in two versions with my own car design which most of you pretty much would consider ugly.

1.One is a top down view (GTA 2 like, not so high if possible, not sure how much change regarding the camera is possible) and

2.the other one is pretty much like the one in the video above, perhaps a little bit higher from the angle.

I tried myself at this game, but the control of the car is just too complicated and tiresome to learn in such a short time. I would be very grateful if someone was willing to help – for the sake of Art Wink Anyone who is willing to help me can send me PM or just reply to my thread. I am not sure how to handle the communication best regarding file transfer and so on. Of course the best thing would be if someone from Germany could help me in the region of Münster. But right now, because of the time pressure I'd be happy for any kind of help wherever from. I cant offer much, but what I could do is taking some high resolution pics of the finished piece/exhibition and frame them and send it to whoever helps me (of cause they would be signed Wink

What made me choose such a doughnut drift
I’m interested in how the car leaves traces when drifting, its kind of a different way of painting. Its about routine and the simplicity of the circle, further the dumbness of watching a repetition as when your cursor in windows starts doing a waiting symbol. Its an endless ongoing process. I wanne annoy the beholder, arising questions about the stupidity of the piece. Besides drifting is destroying, tiers as well as pavement. The projection is supposed to be seen on the floor (that’s why the top down view).

Kind Regards
Benjamin
#2 - delis
1st of all - Do not post videos of VOB mods on this forum as you can easily get banned for that.
2nd - There is no way that a car can drift doughnuts for 10 or more minutes as the tyres won't last and pop.
3rd - there is a limited amount of what the LFS actually shows of the skidmarks so not all you do will stay on track as the oldest marks gradually dissapears
hey. sorry for the vid then. actucally i dont even know what a VOB mod is . Anyway Its totally fine for me if the tyres pop and if the vid is only 5 minutes long. Its a good ending I guess, though not sure what kind of marks would be left without tires. even if traces do disappear gradually its fine.

I just cant handle the control of this game, thats why I need help. If any of you would help me I am sure we would find some agreement.
I am also opened in paying a symbolic amount of money or in shipping a photo of the final exhibition piece over to whatever country. Just wanne get done with that piece.

Ben
Quote from NeedHelp :actucally i dont even know what a VOB mod is

VOB mod is modification of .vob file,which contains all data of the 3D model of the car. Thus changing the 3D model from original LFS car to some other,usually some popular car. For example in your 1st video there is a Lancer,which is not included in LFS. It's advised to remove that video,otherwise you're in conflict of the rule 1.5 from forum rules: https://www.lfs.net/forum/rules
The camera can be freely moved to any position, angle, FOV can be adjusted etc.

Does it have to be a perfect round circle?
It is not so easy to keep going in excact circle for long duration.
Would something like this be acceptable:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8vCm_vUs9U

What car should it be? Color?
You can view the cars in 3D here: https://www.lfs.net/cars
like this?
Attached files
drift.spr - 41.6 KB - 272 views

needing help for realizing a project
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG