The online racing simulator
New minimal cockpits
(8 posts, started )
#1 - ajp71
New minimal cockpits
I know this is not going to be a popular suggestion (already preparing flame suit )

Many people have been complaining about the lack of detail in LFS cockpits and I would agree with them that something like N2003 would be nice but then I got RBR recently and I do rather like the (non-exsistant) interiors. Maybe offering them as an option would be great, not a bonnet cam but a proper cockpit view point and HUD display like in RBR which gives a good amount of detail without making you search around reading it on ridiculously small LCD displays around your cockpit. I'm not sure how well it would work using a high FOV for racing rather than rallying but it would be intresting to see.

To answer some of the it's not realistic comments. I'm only suggesting this for the closed wheel cars, the SS are fine as they are. I have no idea whether other people find they spend ages searching around for different guages and find them hard to read, in the end of the day this is hardly a problem IRL.
I think the cocpits are too nice. Would you expect a GTR with nice wooden panel and all that stuff?
#3 - Gunn
Quote from Kajojek(PL) :I think the cocpits are too nice. Would you expect a GTR with nice wooden panel and all that stuff?

The current GTR interiors are temporary and will be updated in the future.
Quote from Gunn :The current GTR interiors are temporary and will be updated in the future.

Oh cool, but anyway all the real racing cars have almost nothing in them so they weight less. In LFS every car has nice interior. I wish there were wires sticking out of some places, maybe rust etc.
#5 - Honey
apart from new interiors which they should be updated in the next patch, i'm absolutely a +1 for custom HUD right now i'm forced to use a custom view but inside the cockpit so to make the big indicators to show up
if the devs add another road car, then maybe we should try one of the "centered" digital speedometers and what not (like in a civic)
Minimal enough?
Attached images
like this.jpg
Quote from Kajojek(PL) :Oh cool, but anyway all the real racing cars have almost nothing in them so they weight less.

Like was said already, the GTR cars are getting new interiors. This was said before S2 was even released by Scavier when the first S2 viewer was released I'd imagine Eric would give the GTR cars realistic GTR type interiors.

I hope the XFR and UFR keep their dashboards though. Seems most of the lower class GT Race cars still have a dash similar to their road-going counterparts. Even the upper level ones do someimes. Hell, the Maserati MC12 race car even has the same suede interior the street car has! Racing in class lol

New minimal cockpits
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG