The online racing simulator
LFS movies
(7 posts, started )
LFS movies
Hi all.

Looking at videos on You tube, they all seem to be of poor quality.
Didn´t understand that until I tried to make a video myself.
The screen capture media takes too much capacity from the computer, and results
in low frame rate, that of course results in bad quality.
I used I Spring Free Cam 8 to make a short video.

Now, is there a program better than this that doesn´t affect the prosessor capasity that much,
or is there a way to use the video software so it doesnt slow down the fps.

It would be greate to be able to make HD videos from replays.

Meseplayer
#2 - Racon
The trick is to play the replay at a slower rate as you capture it, and speed it up back to the normal rate in your video editing software. There's an excellent FAQ somewhere on this forum.
Ok, thanks, but have to say I didn´t really get that...
What do You mean by "slower rate" as you capture it?

Meseplayer.
#4 - Racon
You can change the playback rate of a replay with keys F2 and F3. So for example, you can have the replay playing at half speed when you do the capture, and then double the speed of that clip in your editor - that effectively gives your computer twice as much time to do the physics calculations during the capture.

Edit: Here's the tutorial I mentioned: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thre ... s-%232-%28new-tutorial%29
Hi again.

Ok, I get it. Tried it already, but I think my problem is that the replay isn't good enough, too low framerate.
Can You recommend a suitable editing software?
Meseplayer
What kind of computer do you have? If framerate is still low try to record at lower resolution. 1280x720 will be the 720p "HD" setting on youtube. For performance it is better to set the LFS window to the resolution you want instead of having the recording software downscale it.
I did not try Spring Free Cam 8 but its website says that it records as .wmv which I think is not so good. (means good filesize but is not lossless so each editing step further reduces quality, and the compressing during recording uses CPU)
FRAPS is good recording software imo.

For editing my facit there imo exits no good free editing software.
The newer Windows Movie Maker versions are okay-ish. (Nothing great but decent and not as horrible anymore)
Easy to use but limited. For first video I would definately recommend that one.

Lightworks is good interface is bit complex. Similiar or worse with Blender.
Personally I found avisynth fascinating but it is an unusual way to edit videos, by writing scripts.

There are also Sony Vegas, Final Cut and the other "big names" but all cost $$$.
Hi, and thanks for Your answer.
You are right, the Spring Free Cam 8 is not a good software, wmv is not something we want.
Do You know if Fraps works with Win 10?
The editing software doesn´t have to be completely free, what do we have in the category 100-200€ ??

Meseplayer.

LFS movies
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG