The online racing simulator
Live For Speed gone wild after new Update.
Hello there guys, so i have this huge problem now after the new update (mirrors and etc) i used to play LFS on my laptop with 140-220 fps depended on how crowded server used to be, and now after this new update all i can get in multiplayer is 60fps on best conditions while everything is on the lowest possible graphic,anyone could help me solve this problem ? because im starting to going wild. Thanks guys Smile
If that's steady 60 FPS you're perfectly fine. Your laptop's display most likely can't redraw faster than 60 FPS anyway. You can click off VSync in settings to let LFS run as fast as possible but it's not going to make much of a difference. Anything more than 100 FPS will make literally no difference because LFS engine updates only each 1/100th of a second.
If you're fixed at 60fps (59.9Hz), you've most likely enabled VSync.

You can change LFS' VSync setting in: Options > Misc > Full screen vertical sync.

If that's not the issue then it might be giving you fewer FPS due to something running in the background on your PC. Also remember that driving with more cars and more objects on Rockingham or Westhill are hard hitters on your FPS.
Nothing helped so far, tried reinstalling graphics drivers, Directx , LFS , but no luck so far. also when im close to a car, its dropping to 15fps. Smile so its almost impossible to play
What are your PC specs if I might ask?
Could it be possible that due to the updated LFS.exe it is running on the integrated GPU?
Quote from mbutcher :What are your PC specs if I might ask?

win 10 64bit, 8gb ram, GPU is AMD FX-7500 Radeon R7,10 Compute Cores 4c+6G (4CPUs) 2.1Ghz
Quote from Whiskey :Could it be possible that due to the updated LFS.exe it is running on the integrated GPU?

Im not sure if my GPU is integrated.
Quote from valdasbutkus :Im not sure if my GPU is integrated.

Your laptop is most likely equipped with AMD PowerXpress technology and two GPUs. It's possible that the driver mistakenly lets LFS run on the less powerful GPU. You should be able to force on which GPU is the game supposed to run in driver settings.
Quote from MadCatX :Your laptop is most likely equipped with AMD PowerXpress technology and two GPUs. It's possible that the driver mistakenly lets LFS run on the less powerful GPU. You should be able to force on which GPU is the game supposed to run in driver settings.

can i get the directions on how to change it ?
just try changing in the control panel in "power options" your PC to "high Performance" Wink that should allow the CPU to run at full P States.
** Best answer **
When I used to run LFS on my old laptop, it sometimes went into 'balanced' or 'power save' mode which might be what's happening to you as others have alluded to above.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG