The online racing simulator
#1 - Buba
LFS doesn't use my systems AA / AF settings
Well, title says it all, I have a ati 9800pro and just upgraded to the latest driver, 6.5...

Doesn't matter if I switch the AA on manually or use it as part of the quality profile...

Any help is greatly appreciated!
#2 - ajp71
I have an ATi 9600 with Omega drivers, which does AA fine when it is set to force it to. I normally leave it off as RBR/GPL don't like it and I never bother with multiple profiles for anything just take to long IMO.
Does the AA/AF work in other games? If not, it is a general driver issue and you should revert to older version. Have you uninstalled previous drivers before installing cats 6.5 or did you just "overwritten" them?
Uninstaling actual drivers, cleaning all their relicts and new fresh installing also worth a try......

Im not ATI guru(a dont even own any ATI card), but this seemes to me A LOT as a driver issue. BTW, on one PC with R9600 I noticed similar problem with AA/AF and NFU:U when Cats 6.5 were installed.
I also have an ATI 9800 pro and I am experiencing the same problem with LFS (AA works in other games, just not LFS).
I can get the AA and AF setttings to work with my 9800 Pro. It works fine until I try to watch a replay, then I get a Shadow Error. The shadows no longer show up in the replay or in the game. I have to exit the game and restart it to get the shadows back.

I only force the use of AA and AF with the graphics card in LFS because the other games I have let you set those options separate from the video card options.
#6 - ORION
Quote from MadCatX :BTW, on one PC with R9600 I noticed similar problem with AA/AF and NFU:U when Cats 6.5 were installed.

Looks like the driver is buggy, and LFS isnt the reason. I have never had any problems with AA / AF btw.
#7 - joen
Yup, same thing happened to me once when I still had my 9600. Don't remember what version catalyst it was though. I went back to an older version and the problem was fixed. Some time later a new version was released, upgraded again and problem didn't return.
The main thing here is that LFS doesn't natively support AA/AF, you must force it to work. After some time, I've noticed you just have to go into the graphics control panel and just re-apply the settings without changing anything, strange I know but that seems to work.

I just put it down to driver optimisations really, ATI trying to squeeze out as much as the possibly can from your card. I have the same issue with my X800XT.
I've noticed this on the nvidia side of things. It's actually happening to me right now. I used to use nHancer and decided to try a new driver. Well, not I cant seem to force AA or AF. I've rebooted (which has fixed this symptop in the past) to no avail. Anyone know of an up to date and reliable nvidia driver remover that they've tried?
Quote from joeynuggetz :I've noticed this on the nvidia side of things. It's actually happening to me right now. I used to use nHancer and decided to try a new driver. Well, not I cant seem to force AA or AF. I've rebooted (which has fixed this symptop in the past) to no avail. Anyone know of an up to date and reliable nvidia driver remover that they've tried?

DriverCleaner PRO seems to work well enough, get it from www.drivercleaner.net . Go through your standard uninstall procedure and run DC before you reboot to install new drivers. Removes all the registry settings and driver remnants.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG