The online racing simulator
One minor gripe
(7 posts, started )
One minor gripe
I just started online racing yesterday and it's going to take a while to understand the politics of it all. One option I don't understand is the vote for restart. In one race I and two others were taken out in the first curve and a number of people voted for a restart which was overruled. I continued on in last place though enjoyed the challenge of trying to catch up to the person in front of me.

What bothered me was when a similar accident occurred in another race where a couple of the top drivers were involved in a pile up and I and one other managed to maneuver through the mess. As we were racing down the first straightaway for first place, a restart happened. Geez, it would have been fun to try and hang on to first place for a short time even though I knew I would eventually be overtaken.

If you're going to drive like wild banshees into the first curve at least try and accept the responsibility for it once in a while. I'm not a paying member at the moment but if this behavior is more widespread I doubt I'll be racing much.
That's how it is on public servers - people are agressive,mess up and vote for a new chance and majority votes count. Restart is triggered when at least half of drivers currently on track vote it. What I would suggest is to pick another server if one is too messy for you. There are few for sure who are usually well admined,can't tell you any names though as I don't race on public servers,just leagues latelly,which are better admined - check out leagues section for more info,but without S2 licence there's a small chance to find something though.
The demo servers tend to have somewhat strange rules or politics.
On non-demo server like the "B2R gti" and I have not noticed such constant restart-voting.
For leagues/events there is usually some notes about "no restarts"
Newbies allmost never finish a race on demo they always vote for restartFace -> palm

At evenings it's much better when most are adultsThumbs up
Quote from Eclipsed : Restart is triggered when at least half of drivers currently on track vote it.

Thanks for the explanation.

Quote from Eclipsed :What I would suggest is to pick another server if one is too messy for you. There are few for sure who are usually well admined,can't tell you any names though as I don't race on public servers,just leagues latelly,which are better admined - check out leagues section for more info,but without S2 licence there's a small chance to find something though.

It's good to hear the behavior is better on private servers. I guess that's a good incentive to purchase an S3 license. Smile

BTW, what is with the [FBM]Formula Blackwood public server? I get the lowest ping time there (60-70ms) yet I never see anyone racing.
Quote from RC-Maus :Newbies allmost never finish a race on demo they always vote for restartFace -> palm

At evenings it's much better when most are adultsThumbs up

Do you have any universal time and server recommendations for BMW formula racing?
Quote from Sylvie20 :BTW, what is with the [FBM]Formula Blackwood public server? I get the lowest ping time there (60-70ms) yet I never see anyone racing.

You can try to switch between UDP and TCP in connections list - press N until you get the list in lower right corner,besides host name there is either from those,clicking on it will do the switch. Does help for many with similar problems.

One minor gripe
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG