The online racing simulator
More Fps Problems
(7 posts, started )
More Fps Problems
I have emailed this to the developers and will also post it here for more help

used to get an almost immediate responce now not even a generec reply???
Was very happy with service so I bought another licence to show my appreciation and to make sys problembs easier to deal with (more unlocks)

I thought I built a good sys but my frame rate still sucks.

amd 4400x2, nvid 7800gs dvi out to 8ms lcd , asus av8 & gigabyte ka8nsc939, 2 gig ddr400 mem, raptors in raid0.

I also have a single ide drive with just xp & lfs to test mt hdw.
what the hell am I doing wrong????
#2 - Jakg
what fps do you have? wht driver you got?
Quote from Jakg :what fps do you have? wht driver you got?

Looks at the Technical problems thread.I would like to help him but he didnt give us too much info about his issue.Its like saying the Intel suck.
And why I am feeling in his post that he blame devs for that.
FPS 35 - 60 max at 65
drivers tried (THIS WEEK)

81.87 , 91.28 & 91.31

One thing is fixed

The ( best in the industry ) support is back!!!

One of the big guys got right back to me with a very honest answer.

I still can’t get over the fact that in this day and age Victor van Vlaardingen personally deals with tech questions where else does that happen!!

I would have said it’s Intel time (but Im a grumpy old guy).

Back to the problem I see that Im not the only one with a AMD dual core low fps problem.

Before the dualcore hotfix my in game cpu use was split aprox. 42 / 58 %
now it’s 49. / 51. with a crap frame rate.

If I plug in a 3000 single core frame rate remains the same What am I missing????

#5 - Jakg
what FPS do you actaully get? have you put the limiter on?
Quote from mee too :drivers tried (THIS WEEK)

81.87 , 91.28 & 91.31

Back to the problem I see that Im not the only one with a AMD dual core low fps problem.

Before the dualcore hotfix my in game cpu use was split aprox. 42 / 58 %
now it’s 49. / 51. with a crap frame rate.

If I plug in a 3000 single core frame rate remains the same What am I missing????

Try 84.43 drivers.
As I said LFS cant utilize 2 cores so it doesnt matter if you play LFS with 2 or 1 cire CPU.No difference.
#7 - Wix
Hi Dudes

I have been in battle with this problem for 3 weeks. It really got frustrating. But finaly i found the Solution . Try´d and tested.
Everyone using a AMD X-2 should run this routine.
The system will perform smooth as silk.
My system performs as a rocket now. (AMD X-2 4400+ and a ATI EAX1900XTX ) Even the anoying GTR problems are gone now.

Follow these instructions.

PLEASE BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY FIRST!!

1 -
Install the amd drivers, download it from here... http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/..._13118,00.html

2 - read this website and download the X-2 hotfixhttp://support.microsoft.com/?id=896256 http://www.amdzone.com/files/WinXPdualcorehotfix.exe

3 - Edit your registry to enable the HOTFIX, follow these steps.
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
2. Right-click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Session Manager, point to New, and then click Key.
3. Type Throttle for the new key name.
4. Right-click Throttle, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
5. Type PerfEnablePackageIdle for the value name.
6. Right-click PerfEnablePackageIdle, and then click Modify.
7. In the Edit DWORD Value box, type 1. In the Value data box, make sure that Hexadecimal is selected, and then click OK.
8. Quit Registry Editor.

4 - Make sure your BOOT.ini has this command in it, /usepmtimer to check, right click on My Computer go to properties, click on the ADVANCE tab, then under startup and recovery click on settings, then click on EDIT....make sure your boot.ini looks like this

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOW S
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /usepmtimer

Finally your done, if anyone has any questions feel free to PM me, hopefully this will be a help to alot of people.

OK, since some people switch to single core after having issues with dual core, here is a simple way to remove the Hotfix and drivers.

1 - Uninstall the Hotfix, go into ad/remove programs, click on show updates and remove update numbered KB896256

2 - Reverse the registry entry.

3 - Uninstall the AMD drivers.

4 - Done.

Greets

Wix ( S@G Racing )

http://www.phase2-music.be/Sag

Happy racing........

More Fps Problems
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG