Leagues section - replay, (official) results (& points)
Hey,

since Flame asked elsewhere for a nice addition to the functionalities of the leagues section I just had an idea for one as well:

Basically so far the leagues section is a fusion of calendar and news. Maybe linking it to the new files section and creating an option to publish official race results could be nice as well (maybe even with a step in the middle?).
First of all, the new files section could become a place to store the event replays. If it was possible to link these replays to the
What I have in mind is an export of the results files from lfsworld with all information that are saved of a particular race over there. When exporting that file, there would automatically be a value "official=[yes/no]", so race organisers could upload provisional results before going through protests or adding drivers who did not finish, but started the race and making those edited results official. Maybe even an automatic calculation of points would work with that. However many leagues have many rules, so one has question how practical that would be.

Anyways it would also open up the possibility for league based statistics (For example the Elo System I proposed for the overhaul of the website and is working well for the CityLiga.*cough*), but it would definately create a possibility to get all relevant information of league racing to one place.

Thanks for reading! Wink
Maybe as first step, if it was possible to link to the already existing things on lfsworld. (or is it?)
Something like:
Quote :Race is finished, results are at http://www.lfsworld.net?raceID=62456456

And then it would open this:

The race results are already recorded, just a bit hard to find ("last races" in profile) and can not be linked..
Attached images
bla.png
The LFSWorld results would need to account for those who retire before race finish, etc.

+1 to the overall idea.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG