The online racing simulator
Please check [connect to user's host]
If you got a few moments to spare would someone mind gong on line and checking to see if they can see my place on the list and even better still try to join.
Vanirl test (please join)

If ya cant get in please post a reply - many thanks

I will stay on line till about 10:30PM GMT
i tried, it says

clientconnect: connect failed
Clientconnect: Connect failed.
Good on ya - thanks for checking.
I know that there are many posts regarding how to sort but do either og you guys know what the issue might be?
Would it be the port (set to 63392)
Would it be my firewall ( do I have to know it off) I use McAffe and have LFS set for full access

Ta
Quote from vanirl :Good on ya - thanks for checking.
I know that there are many posts regarding how to sort but do either og you guys know what the issue might be?
Would it be the port (set to 63392)
Would it be my firewall ( do I have to know it off) I use McAffe and have LFS set for full access

Ta

Yes, that port needs to be open for LFS which uses TCP and UDP packets. It only applies to when you are hosting a server.
OK thanks for that but here comes the daft question
Bearing in mind I an NOT a techie
What do I have to do to open the port

What exaclty do you mean by "hosting a server"

Ta
#7 - Smax
Quote from vanirl :OK thanks for that but here comes the daft question
Bearing in mind I an NOT a techie
What do I have to do to open the port

What exaclty do you mean by "hosting a server"

Ta

Um, I don't use McAffe so I have no idea how to open that port using that software. Someone probably will, else you better read the instructions or just have a bash yourself.

By 'hosting a server' I mean that your PC is the server that everyone connects to as you are hosting a race. This means that people must be able to see and communicate with your server through the 63392 port. In LFS you would goto 'Multiplayer' then 'Start New Game' and you would have 'internet' selected at the top. It also lets you select the port in this window. That screen allows you to configure your server and then run it.

clear as mud?
Quote from mrbogeyman :By 'hosting a server' I mean that your PC is the server that everyone connects to as you are hosting a race. This means that people must be able to see and communicate with your server through the 63392 port. In LFS you would goto 'Multiplayer' then 'Start New Game' and you would have 'internet' selected at the top. It also lets you select the port in this window. That screen allows you to configure your server and then run it.
clear as mud?

No that's Ok - and exaclty as I have done it
However reposrt above suggest that people can still not connect - any ideas ? or am I missing something completly illepall
Quote from Smax :LFS world could see your server but the in game server browser couldn't [about half an hour or so ago]

Any ideas on what this might be illepall illepall
I think it might still mean you haven't got the port properly unblocked.
how do I unblock
#13 - Smax
http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm

Follow that link, and you'll probably find your router listed, click the link for your router then click the link for "Live for speed" and follow the on screen instructions.

If you've already done that then I'm a bit stuck as to how to help you further. When I checked to see if I could connect to you, the in game server browser said that there were 49 occupied servers, and that I could join 48 since 1 [presumably yours] had not replied. It could have been a master server scanning problem I suppose, but I did hit refresh several times, and it made no difference, which struck me as a bit odd since LFS world could see your game.
OK - I checked that line (great thanks for that) and as far as I am concerned did what it suggested.
I have just tried an on line game and
  • I can see that it is listed by checking on games listed on LFS world
  • I also saw a message on screen (in game) "time out connection"
This suggests to me that someone tried to connect but failed

Any more suggestions ?
Am I at least heading in the right direction?

- like I say I am a bit thick on these sort of things
#15 - Smax
The Angry Angel posted this in the Linux server thread, I must admit it's news to me. but it would be worth checking since he seems to have pretty sound technical knowledge.

You need to open the following:
29339 TCP
63392 TCP and UDP

Yes, both TCP and UDP need to be used on the final port. LFS uses UDP to transfer car position, as its quicker.
Quote from Smax :
29339 TCP

????

Whats that one for?
#17 - Smax
Quote from Smax :No idea mate I was quoting the Angry Angel

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=16409#post16409

It's in another thread so the quote button didn't work.... I just c'n'p what he'd written.

looks like it is Linux server for that - do I still need it?? illepall

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG