The online racing simulator
Round 1 [06 Mar 16] 3 hours of Rockingham ISSC

Qualifying will run from today, 27 Feb 2016 16:30UTC until Sun, 6 Mar 2016 16:30UTC. Drivers can drive as many laps as they wish to. A team needs at least one timed lap to be allowed to start the race. E.g. it is enough that one driver of the team sets a lap. If more then one driver of a team sets a lap time, the faster time will be taken for the starting line-up. The end of the qualifying also marks the deadline for changes to the team's line-up, class or car.

The qualifying password will be published here, so teams, that sign-up can directly do qualifying, even when noone's sending them a password. Please always drive with your correct name format on the server, so it is easier to do the qualifying results. Wink
server: Open Endurance Cup
password: RIoScSkC

Race starts at 17:00UTC, with the gridding at 16:50UTC. The new password will be posted shortly after the end of the qualifying session. Please point out any mistakes in the class/car choice thread, because the starting-line up is set by those information.
The race commences with a lap behind a pace car. The field stays single-file throughout the lap. When the pace car enters pitlane, the leader controls the pace. The race itself is then started by a "Green Flag" signal. EDIT: Once it is shown, overtaking is allowed.
Be cautious on the first racing lap! Rockingham's first hairpin has a reputation to end one's ambitions early, you are not alone on the track! This even more counts for traffic, as it is the lapping car's responsibility to overtake at a safe spot (e.g. NOT in the triple left hander from Pif Paf to Graceland or in the middle of the final Brook chicane [see trackmap]). It moreover won't be a race of plenty of overtaking spots, so be patient.
When you are changing drivers the entering driver shall enter the server when the exiting driver is on his inlap. After the change the exiting driver shall leave the server as soon as possible.
In case you end up stranded in the gravel or you damage your car so badly you cannot return to pitlane on track, you may rejoin the race from the pits/spectators. However any rejoin will be charged with 1 lap!
LFS Remote: Open Endurance Cup
Attached files
OEC2_R1.pdf - 191.5 KB - 310 views
op updated with qualifying password and a few more sentences regarding the session.
During qualifying, you may access the car classes !top list using the following:

For GT1: !top GT1
For GT2: !top GT2
For NGT: !top OEC
For ALL CLASSES: !top

Specific Car Names in Airio with restrictions:

GT1 FZR: FZ1
GT2 FZR: FZ2
GT2 FXR: FX2
GT2 XRR: XR2
NGT UFR: UFO
You may view Pre-Qualifying times without joining the server! Visit http://newdimensionracing.com/preqtracker/qtracker.php to observe them. Right now, it's the entire OEC-class !top list, at some point I may work on making it sort out by team. Updates at the top of every hour.
when will the race starting? 17:00 UTC or 18:00 UTC?
17:00 utc
thanks Big grin
Some images from Launch Racing tonight Smile
Attached images
new skin 2016 2.jpg
new skin 2016 3.jpg
new skin 2016 4.jpg
new skin 2016.jpg
I have added In-Game Names, Car Numbers, and Team Names to the times page. If you have a "-" below your LFS username, that means you aren't in the signups list. So too if you have no car number listed. Please PM me if you note any errors, I'll do my best to keep the input up to date with entries.
Just something i would like to see for the event.

I was doing a test race today and came off the track when clipping the grass, but because i was at a high speed i could not stop the car. It didnt take long for me to then be auto spectated because of going to far off the track. So could we have some tire barriers or something put in to stop us during a race?
Attached images
lfs_00000003.jpg
Thanks for reporting. I try to evaluate how far you can go there and put a concrete wall there. Tyre walls have the iffy problem that it might not stop you and if they do, and someone else happens to go off there shortly after, it might not stop him.

EDIT: If you like give that layout a test, it should work but if you have some feedback, you are welcome. Importance for me was a) it is far enough away from the auto-spec zone, b) it has a concave shape
Attached files
RO1_ProtectionWall.lyt - 108 B - 253 views
That works for me, thanks Smile
For the record, I'm busy until tomorrow evening, so if you signed up since around this time yesterday, you won't be in the qtracker until Saturday evening when I get back from productions/other work related things I'm doing. I will work on either hiding those not in the entry list or just bolding teams entered either tomorrow or before next round.

Also, I added walls outside of the final chicane to prevent any spectating there, in addition to exiting Pif Paf.
Added the race briefing to the opening post.

Quote from TFalke55 :Race starts at 17:00UTC, with the gridding at 16:50UTC. The new password will be posted shortly after the end of the qualifying session. Please point out any mistakes in the class/car choice thread, because the starting-line up is set by those information.
The race commences with a lap behind a pace car. The field stays single-file throughout the lap. When the pace car enters pitlane, the leader controls the pace. The race itself is then started by a "Green Flag" signal. EDIT: Once it is shown, overtaking is allowed.
Be cautious on the first racing lap! Rockingham's first hairpin has a reputation to end one's ambitions early, you are not alone on the track! This even more counts for traffic, as it is the lapping car's responsibility to overtake at a safe spot (e.g. NOT in the triple left hander from Pif Paf to Graceland or in the middle of the final Brook chicane [see trackmap]). It moreover won't be a race of plenty of overtaking spots, so be patient.
When you are changing drivers the entering driver shall enter the server when the exiting driver is on his inlap. After the change the exiting driver shall leave the server as soon as possible.
In case you end up stranded in the gravel or you damage your car so badly you cannot return to pitlane on track, you may rejoin the race from the pits/spectators. However any rejoin will be charged with 1 lap!

Rockingham (Especially the ISSC circuit) is very fast and not very wide. Make sure time is given when overtaking. Having Race Directed and raced at the circuit myself in real life, I know how fast people come up on you especially when there is a large speed difference like we have here.

For the faster cars, just wait for a place to overtake, there aren't many on the infield. For the slower cars, make clear indication of where you are going. Mapping the indicator buttons (/press 7 8 0, (left right off)) is defiantly a good idea.

Good luck to everyone, I will try and stay out of your way.
What is speed during pace lap?
Also rolling start, at which point is passing allowed: On "green" signal or when crossing line? Because that often seems to be misunderstandings with rolling start..
Thanks Jonathon for your insights!

@Gutholz: It will be between 80-120kph (50-75mph) behind the pacecar, probably in Tarzan slower. Once the safety car goes to pitlane the leader controls the speed, once the "green" is signaled, overtaking is allowed.
For those having driven the FZR in GT2: The times are tracked but don't appear in the standard !top list. This is nothing to worry about. Until the end of Qualifying, use !top fx2+fz9+xr2
Quote from TFalke55 :For those having driven the FZR in GT2: The times are tracked but don't appear in the standard !top list. This is nothing to worry about. Until the end of Qualifying, use !top fx2+fz9+xr2

For those who remember, when NDR ran GTAL, we used slightly different GT2 restrictions than Masters of Endurance did. That's why NDR GT2 was GT9, and that was still in the Airio configuration. I've edited the configuration so that !top will display the FZ9, and also shown them on the web page. After this round, I will flip the stuff back to GT2.
Airio results
Attached images
lfs_00000304.jpg
lfs_00000305.jpg
lfs_00000306.jpg
Can anyone have the mpr file (whole race)?
Thanks! Smile
Shots from the race.
Attached images
OEC2R1_6.jpg
OEC2R1_5.jpg
OEC2R1_4.jpg
OEC2R1_3.jpg
OEC2R1_2.jpg
OEC2R1_1.jpg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG