New Zealand Supports Terrorism
(15 posts, started )
The Independent Review of Intelligence and Security Services is due to deliver its recommendations to the Government on Monday.

The questions Sir Michael Cullen and Dame Patsy Reddy have been tasked with reviewing sit at the heart of the Human Rights Commission's remit so we await the review's findings and the Government's response with immense interest.

READ MORE:

• Inquiry into electronic surveillance agency launched
• David Fisher: Spying - does the nation need to know?
• David Fisher: Just how bad were our spies?

In the frame is whether the Government Communications Security Bureau (GCSB) and the Security Intelligence Service (SIS) are well placed to protect New Zealand's national security needs, while protecting individual rights, and whether the current oversight arrangements are sufficiently robust to ensure they act within the law.

In particular, the reviewers must consider whether the powers conferred by the anti-terrorism legislation brought in on December 12, 2014, as part of the UN-co-ordinated reply to the Isis (Islamic State) threat should be extended beyond their expiry date of April 1, 2017. They include:

* Allowing the SIS to conduct emergency surveillance for up to 24 hours without a warrant

* Allowing the SIS to undertake visual surveillance in a private setting or one that would involve trespass on to private property

* Increasing from one year to three years the period for which passports can be cancelled for reasons of national security

* Empowering the Government to suspend a passport or travel document for up to 10 working days where urgent action is required but there's no time to prepare the paperwork needed for a full cancellation.

Also up for review is the definition of "private communication" in the 2013 GCSB Amendment Act which permits the GCSB to access the content of New Zealanders' private communications for cyber-security purposes (previously the GCSB had no mandate to spy on New Zealand citizens or permanent residents).

We would have liked the information-collecting and surveillance functions of the police to have been included in the inquiry but note that this gap may now be filled as Justice Minister Amy Adams has asked the Law Commission to examine the Search and Surveillance Act 2012, including the impact of modern technology on the ability of the police and other authorities to prevent and investigate crime.

The commission's central recommendation to the Cullen/Reddy Review is that a stand-alone right to privacy be included in the New Zealand Bill of Rights. Beyond that, we have emphasised the importance in system design of clarity, transparency, human rights compliance and limitation of agency powers to the maintenance of public trust and confidence in the role and operations of the intelligence and security framework.

Intelligence gathering has always been and will always be crucial to protecting life, liberty, independence, freedom of belief, human rights and justice. We do not live in a safe world and it would be dangerous to assume we did. But the response must be proportionate.

Maintaining freedom and peace requires us to stand firm on both feet and reassert the values our people have fought and died for in two world wars.

We let the terrorists win if in the interests of supposed self-defence we abandon our rights to privacy and the importance our small, open and democratic society assigns to freedom of speech and freedom of association.

As Lord Hoffman put it in the UK House of Lords in rejecting the Blair Government's argument that internment without trial of non-national terror suspects was a necessary precaution in the post 9/11 environment:

"Terrorist violence, serious as it is, does not threaten our institutions of government or our existence as a civil community ... The real threat to the life of the nation, in the sense of a people living in accordance with its traditional laws and political values, comes not from terrorism but from laws such as these. It is for Parliament to decide whether to give the terrorists such a victory."

New Zealand is now committed to reviewing its surveillance network at least every five to seven years.

This is a positive initiative which will enable us to monitor the complex relationship between national and personal safety and security and individual rights of privacy and of free association and expression.

David Rutherford is Chief Human Rights Commissioner.

- NZ Herald

Kei te ako i te mea tino nui

And dude, in your own language, we (as a country) are currently dumb enough to support the US, however, many of us want to change this.
Your post suggests that we are questioning our security agencies presenting their arses to the US, Correct, yes, many of us do.

Here is a celebration of what many of us think of our current US/Banker supporting Govt.

Kai whea tō rangatiratanga, tō ihi, tō mana, tō marutuna, tō maruwehi?
Te marama o Oketopa 1835 i haina a Moetara i te Whakaputanga o te Rangatiratanga o Niu Tīreni.

And Google translate needs to catch up with Tino Rangatiratanga, it's not Independence, rather it is Sovereignty. There is a large difference.

And given the crap google translate comes up with when you try Te Reo, here is the real translation.

"Where is your chiefly autonomy, your personal magnetism, your commanding presence, your inspiration?"
In October 1835 Moetara signed the Declaration of the Independence of New Zealand."

And legally, the 1835 declaration is never challenged, because it is legal and correct. Thank you Aust for creating this. White Aust policy, et al, they did force NZ to create the 1835 Independence declaration. (Actually, they kept stealing our ships..... Typical thieving Aussi's....)

People prefer the 1840 treaty. But even with that, they never realise that the Te Reo version is the only legal version. Hence Tino Rangatiratanga, which is a key part of the Te Reo version of the Treaty of Waitangi.
Quote from Racer X NZ :
And dude, in your own language, we (as a country) are currently dumb enough to support the US, however, many of us want to change this.

These aren't my words. I just copy and pasted some bull shit off of the internet, a page from your text book.
He Wakaputanga o te Rangatiratanga o Nu Tirene

1. KO MATOU, ko nga Tino Rangatira o nga iwi o Nu Tireni i raro mai o Hauraki kua oti nei te huihui i Waitangi i Tokerau i te ra 28 o Oketopa 1835, ka wakaputa i te Rangatiratanga o to matou wenua a ka meatia ka wakaputaia e matou he Wenua Rangatira, kia huaina, Ko te Wakaminenga o nga Hapu o Nu Tireni.

2. Ko te Kingitanga ko te mana i te wenua o te wakaminenga o Nu Tireni ka meatia nei kei nga Tino Rangatira anake i to matou huihuinga, a ka mea hoki e kore e tukua e matou te wakarite ture ki te tahi hunga ke atu, me te tahi Kawanatanga hoki kia meatia i te wenua o te wakaminenga o Nu Tireni, ko nga tangata anake e meatia nei e matou e wakarite ana ki te ritenga o o matou ture e meatia nei matou i to matou huihuinga.

3. Ko matou ko nga tino Rangatira ka mea nei kia huihui ki te runanga ki Waitangi a te Ngahuru i tenei tau i tenei tau ki te wakarite ture kia tika ai te wakawakanga, kia mau pu te rongo kia mutu te he kia tika te hokohoko, a ka mea hoki ki nga tauiwi o runga, kia wakarerea te wawai, kia mahara ai ki te wakaoranga o to matou wenua, a kia uru ratou ki te wakaminenga o Nu Tireni.

4. Ka mea matou kia tuhituhia he pukapuka ki te ritenga o tenei o to matou wakaputanga nei ki te Kingi o Ingarani hei kawe atu i to matou aroha nana hoki i wakaae ki te Kara mo matou. A no te mea ka atawai matou, ka tiaki i nga pakeha e noho nei i uta, e rere mai ana ki te hokohoko, koia ka mea ai matou ki te Kingi kia waiho hei matua ki a matou i to matou Tamarikitanga kei wakakahoretia to matou Rangatiratanga.

KUA WAKAAETIA katoatia e matou i tenei ra i te 28 Oketopa, 1835, ki te aroaro o te Reireneti o te Kingi o Ingarani.

Titiro i te Amerika poauau.

Ko ahau te kino American
kino ana ahau he aha ahau ahau
Ko ahau te kino American
kino ana ahau he aha ahau ahau
tango ahau i te pikitia o tou papa taketake
kino ana ahau he pikitia o tō tae rohe
tango ahau i te pikitia o tou papa taketake
tango ahau i te pikitia o koutou tae rohe
E tatou na kino , kei pera kino tatou
kei pera kino tatou
Ko ahau te kino American
Ko ahau te kino American
Ko ahau te kino American
kino ana ahau ki te aha e koe

Pānuitia atu : Big Black - te palakuú American Lyrics |

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etRUQS0UmJs&ab_channel=GregFasolino

"A Sikh student having a coffee at an Auckland cafe has been mistaken for a terrorist, with police called out to investigate whether his headphones were a bomb.

Jaspreet Singh was sitting at Columbus cafe yesterday morning, outside Auckland Hospital, and a few metres away from the University of Auckland Medical School where he is studying to become a doctor.

Mr Singh is 21 and wears a turban as part of his Sikh faith.

He was meeting his mentor and research supervisor, Professor Luke Larkin, to talk about a research project he was keen to get involved with.

Two police officers entered the cafe 20 minutes later and asked Mr Singh to step outside. Prof Larkin initially refused on his behalf, arguing the officers were picking on him because of his race.

Mr Singh said he was shocked, but obliged and followed the police out.

"They took me outside and they explained that someone had called them and said I was doing something with wires in my laptop bag."

He said his first reaction was to laugh, and the police quickly realised he posed no danger."

In the US, he would have been shot, and his Research Supervisor, and their dog, cat, budgie, family members........

"The shooting seemed like an open and shut case until the next day. Mayor James Butts, while responding to questions about the shooting, opened up a huge can of worms — both the man and the woman were unconscious.
For at least 45 minutes, police attempted “to rouse” them in an effort “to de-escalate the situation,” said Butts.
After admitting that the couple was asleep, Butts quickly defended the officers, noting, “Obviously at some point they were conscious because somebody felt threatened.”
However, that notion has yet to be proven and is particularly unlikely due to the fact that not a single officer received so much as a scratch, nor did the couple have any reason to be violent."
American OP, probably couldn't find New Zealand on a map.

https://youtu.be/1LcvNM7oc7k

Do not under any circumstance watch the ex UK Ambassador to Syria in this BBC interview.
He is clearly a Russian agent and as such you are not to watch this !

https://youtu.be/KU5taO5vRDo

The BBC really need to do a better job of vetting their guests and stop allowing these free thinking people on. Really screws up the establishment narrative it does.

USA, USA, USA.....

"This country is only two hundred years old, and already we've had ten major wars. We average a major war every twenty years in this country. So we're good at it!

And it's a good thing we are. Can't build a decent car, can't build a TV or a VCR worth a ****. Got no steel industry left, can't educate our young people, can't get health care to our old people. But we can bomb the shit out of your country, all right!

Especially if your country is full of brown people. Oh, we like that, don't we? That's our hobby! That's our new job in the world, bombing brown people. Iraq, Panama, Grenada, Libya, you got some brown people in your country, tell them to watch the **** out or we'll goddamn bomb them! Well, when's the last white people you can remember that we bombed? Can you remember the last white people we bombed? Can you remember *any* white people we've ever bombed? The Germans! Those are the only ones, and that's only because they were trying to cut in on our action. They wanted to dominate the world. Bullshit, that's *our* **** job!"
-
(k_badam) DELETED by k_badam
So... Who would win in a fight? M-13 or ISIS?
Is the US now arming M-13 as well ???

Given the hardware the US has provided ISIS I'd expect your mercenaries to win easily.

After all, you gave them an Oscar for best propaganda video this year and you provided Cruise missile arty support for their latest propaganda effort so how can they lose. ?

Dude! Dude! DUUUUDE!!!!!
I got this great idea! By now you've gotten the hint that we're pretty much going to hell in a handbasket and there's not a whole lote that can be done about it. But since the world is spiraling towards its next dark age, may as well make a buck off it.
Fantasy warfare. Here in the US of A, we have these games called fantasy sports. I imagine y'all got something like that over there with football and cricket teams. I think it's popular with 30 something males too broke paying child support to do much else. Yeah - anyhow. How about something geared a little more towards the anti-social type who could give a rat's @ss about a bunch of over paid two digit IQ types chasing a ball around? I think with the continued spiral of morality, there might be a big market for it.
We do the same thing with warfare. We start fantasy wars with all the various factions in fantasy war leagues. Who wins is based on kills and money made within a set time frame. People make up their fantasy extremists based on current members and victory is declared if one persons group of idiots gets more kills or makes more money in real life during the time frame given.
That way you could go all out. Hezbola versus the Aryan Brotherhood.
The Gulf cartel versus those whack jobs in the jungles out in the Philippines. And of course ISIS versus M-13.
I pick M-13 by a minimum of 15 casualties and I dunno....50K US. in the next week. You have to account for losses within the groups too. IS takes out a lot of people and rakes in money, but M-13 rakes in more money and has fewer losses . I think they also have a larger territory.
See? Isn't that more appealing that basing wins and losses on how many
goals some clown makes? Actually fantasy sports teams are made from real life players that actually are on different teams and the players' performance is factored in on whose fantasy team wins.
We could do that, having different gangsters and terrorists on the same fantasy teams - factions. But we'd probably have to have a decent access to interpol, the CIA and whoever to get our stats.

https://www.draftkings.com/

Think about it.
You know how I keep telling you that you shouldn't throw rocks seeing you have a big glass house and all?
Yeah, I know of three people that moved down there. One from Texas. The others a very rich couple from California. The guy from Texas basically got deported. He didn't do anything wrong. His job petered out so the country instantly expelled him. What? Y;'all don't have home depots Down there he could've hung out at?
The other folks are parents of someone I know. They are loaded and went down there to start up a company. Some greenie based something or another. In Other words they came down there with jobs for y'all.
Your goofy assed government are making them jump through all sorts of beuracratic crap. All these dumb technicalities in order to just be a resident. They're down there getting ready to hire about fifty of you kiwis. Recently, their daughter had a serious medical event back here. If they were to leave New Zealand to go to her, that nanny state of yours would make them start the process all over again - after some given amount of time. I dunno. There's plenty of trees for them to hug here. I'm pretty sure they could find fifty people here that could use a job, but for some dumb reason, they go down there. And your government acts like a dick about it. I can only imagine the over regulated BS your country has because when it was actually described to me, it was so damn much of it, I kinda couldn't keep up with it all so I'd HAVE to imagine it. Hell even Trump's immigration nonsense pales in comparison.
The guy from Texas is related to a co worker. He said the country was really pretty, the people were really nice. Everything was expensive.
The beer wasn't very good and cost a lot. And the weed was almost non existent and when found crappy and way over priced. Is that why not pot is legal over there? Cause your weed sucks?
Make America Great!... Yeah. With policies like that, y'all most certainly will.
I'm still stuck on this fantasy war thing. Did you follow the ink?
It's boring sign up, but then look at this one

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/news/2014/10/16/40-under-40-jason-robins-of-draft-kings.html

Now if THIS clown can pull it off playing off the public records (stats)of a couple a dumb jocks, think of what we could be making
off a martyr wannabe getting zapped by a drone or a couple a guys in banda boots getting thrown out of a plane?

Now this isn't withou it's pitfalls -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Donaghy

But if we just provide the service and rake in the take off a percentage of the bets, we should do OK
What the hell is "M-13"? If you don't even know enough about Mara Salvatrucha to understand that it's MS-13 then there's no reason to believe anything you have to say.

FWIW, I grew up in LA and I understand exactly who MS-13 is and where they came from. I would be careful of dissing them on the Internet as they have no sense of humor. And no, I have nothing to do with them, I'm just a white boy from the valley who knows who they are.
Any way, getting back on topic, NZ is really bad at this whole US (AKA. Secret Magic Kingdom) spying on everyone stuff. Like, this has been happening for many years. They then make the mistake of coming to NZ for their super secret meeting and OMG, massive Cluster Phuq of Super Secrets being released publicly......

Oh dear, bit of a media Disaster thingy......

We do try really hard to spy on everyone and join in on your 'Super Secret Friends' game but we are really shyte at it.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/329314/defence-minister-stays-mum-over-possible-five-eyes-meeting-in-nz

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/political/329345/pm-confirms-%27five-eyes%27-conference-in-queenstown

SORRY !!!!!!!

We are really, really, really, sorry for exposing your Super Secret Meeting and we really do promise to keep it Super Secret next time.

Or, maybe we should be expelled from the Super Secret Club, you know, just in case we keep releasing Super Secret Secrets... ?

Unofficially... Smile

"The truth is that the 5 Eyes spooks meet in NZ quite regularly and the surprise by the corporate media is more due to the lack of institutional knowledge now inside these news organisations.
The surprise by the corporate mainstream media that the 5 Eye Nazgul are meeting in Queenstown is Orwellian double think.

This was March 2011…

Key meets high-ranking US intelligence chief
Prime Minister John Key has had a meeting with a man he describes as the most senior American intelligence official to visit New Zealand.

…this was September 2012…

US Defense Secretary’s visit ‘shows great progress’ – Coleman
New Zealand is hosting the United States Secretary of Defense today in a symbolic visit that could signal a move towards restoring defence ties between the two countries.

…and this was November 2012…

Mystery spook’s identity confirmed
The identity of a United States spy who mysteriously landed in Wellington last year can be revealed as National Security Agency director General Keith Alexander.

…this ignorant surprise at 5 Eye spooks visiting NZ hides the horrible reason as to why the 5 Eye Nazgul visit so regularly here, and that is because we are so apathetic that we don’t bother protesting these visits.

If these spooks were trying to meet in Canada, Australia, Britain or the US, it would provoke massive civil rights protests, but because they are held in the Shire, the sleepy hobbits of muddle Nu Zilind barely even register what the hell is going on.

It is time we pulled out of the 5 Eyes and became an independent nation again, whatever we gain from being a member is nothing compared to the control we are losing. The GCSB and SIS have both had increases in budget by 250% and 174% under National and Key reorganised the following intelligence apparatus to answer only to a small clique of security goons that Prime Minister Bill English now controls; the Organised Crime Intelligence Unit, Financial Intelligence Unit, Strategic Intelligence Unit, National Bureau of Criminal Intelligence, Identity Intelligence Unit, Threat Assessment Unit, Police Terrorism Investigation and Intelligence Group and the Special Investigation Group.

That’s a lot of security apparatus doing what?"
Quote from rowdog :What the hell is "M-13"? If you don't even know enough about Mara Salvatrucha to understand that it's MS-13 then there's no reason to believe anything you have to say.

FWIW, I grew up in LA and I understand exactly who MS-13 is and where they came from. I would be careful of dissing them on the Internet as they have no sense of humor. And no, I have nothing to do with them, I'm just a white boy from the valley who knows who they are.

"I would be careful of dissing them on the Internet as they have no sense of humor."
I'm a white boy (guido) from Houston.....do the math. MS-13 is here. they're on the southwest side where a bunch of folks from Central America reside. I live in vato land on the south east side. And if they show up on my side of town, they usually get holes put in them by one of the more established organizations.
So yeah. I don't give a F*** about em.

But I am liking the concept of fantasy warfare leagues.

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG