The online racing simulator
Why Cargame S3 is diying´?
(25 posts, started )
I'm writing this post because no more than a year ago I remember you had to wait your turn to get on track on cargameS2 server, but now, on Sunday, we have an empty server and that situation is so sad. I really like to play/drive/race on LFS.
I'm feeling that this nice simulator is diying and I don't know why and I don't wanna see the end of this...

Please, don't let LFS die.

Sorry about my english, im from Chile.
Greetings, Naranjo
Quote from cargame.nl :Because the elite racer community is gone and new people are mainly active on illegal places instead of official servers. Not much can be done other then wait for more content and a move to the Steam platform in the end.

Yes, but why LFS administrators are losing so much time?
Day to day LFS community looses a lot of racers... i dont understand, and is a bad bussines
Thanks mate

I will survive lol
In the last few months (when i come back in lfs), was ok going upward, 2-3 weeks before s3 update server was full at evening.

When S3 came out, cargame set S3 track only next 3-4 weeks. That was problem for S2 drivers, most of them are gone...
#7 - lfsrm
You sure like to generalize cargame.nl.

It's perfectly natural to see a decrease of player activity over time, the game itself didn't changed much since 10 years, and after people completed million of laps with same content they are obviously bored and like to go elsewhere.
Like i said last 2-3 weeks before update, S2 server was full, cant join race...
I think it will settle back to its glory, just give it some time. As Miki said, just before s3 was released it was a full server and that hadn't happen for a long time.

There are too many people that enjoyed cargame racing to let it die just like that.
DIYing? Should cargame get a plumber in?
Quote from PeterN :DIYing? Should cargame get a plumber in?

He meant Dieing. Maybe you should get blumber somewhere inside and not OP...
But anyway i think that Cargame has too many servers, 1 is enough these days. But its not my deside.
Quote from cargame.nl :It got more retarted, all what people do now is pressing like buttons, playing first person shooter games

I like game "first person shooter" and i'm not retarted Tongue

EDIT : More seriously, LFS is death in general because I think the s3 has disappointed many people. 1 track and not new cars. We expected better anyway ...
#14 - Smax
To be honest I'm surprised [and pleased] to find it's even still here.
However it's always been an "indie" game and I guess therefore it has niche rather than mass appeal.
I think that games like Project Cars with their real world locations and cars plus their "proper" backing will always mean that LFS is a quirky little secret enjoyed by the few who come across it.
I also think it's probably better that way too, online at least the world's clever/dumb balance does not appear to favour the intelligent.
Don't worry, soon Cargame will be full as always Wink
It would be nice if GTI saturdays, FBM sundays and TB4 mondays were ontroduced again..... Wink
maybe as he is good on insim, one server with multi-races in same track, will be nice and fun ?
Yesterday cargame server was on K26 testpatch. I tested if joining works with 0.6M and it worked. But no idea if people realized that.
Also at the time some other server was busy. I mean appearently many people enjoy cargame server but it is not cg=lfs..

With regard cargame servers:
I am not fan of the multiclass system CG servers use: In serverbrowser almost all cars are shown as enabled and makes it impossible to see what cars are actually used.
Is it TBO? Is it Lx4? Is it GT? Maybe MRT?
(Also to new players it might be hard to tell apart from cruise serves)
No idea, until you have joined server and then you have to read distracting buttons about rating-system or whatnot. Also what is the use of multiclass in sprint races?
I am surely not "elite racer" or super competetive but that system is too random even for me.
(To be honest I rarely went there, so no idea how accurate my impression are.)

If I am in mood for random public races I sometimes join B2R server or whatever server is randomly active. Maybe less popular servernames but I like to see beforehand what to expect.
Another thing is that usually even the most casually run event to me offers better experience than random public servers.
Currently the public race servers just do not seem that good to me, they have design-decisions I do not like. I do not like ratingsystems - I know which cars I can drive safely or not. And it does not help anyone when people who were rated "too unsafe" for GTR cars get thrown into the field with some slower car. If I was interessted in leveling up I'd play World of Warcraft?
If there was a server that simply used the same cars for some time (gti or Lx4 or whatever) and just rotates tracks a bit, I might reconsider.
"It would be nice if GTI saturdays, FBM sundays and TB4 mondays were ontroduced again." <- That sounds like good idea, too.
Until then currently each week has more than enough race-dates to chose from so that joining public race servers never seems really attractive to me...
LFS needs one of the NDR leagues back on saturday evening. I'm very sure it would bring back many of the old racers as well. Just look at the attendance of all the people in the S3 Voucher event. It was brilliant.
Just sometimes, LFS provides access to S3 for demos just for a weekend. I think it will make them (demos racers) addicted . and it'll be able compete against lfs craked

Yes I know this is a stupid idea Tongue
NDR did one event after long pause. Other leagues do races of that size (or bigger even) too - not single events but frequently.
I assume NDR race with Formular was nice (no idea, I missed it) and that is great and everything, I also enjoyed the few races I did at NDR.
But it puzzles me that sometimes people are so hung up on names.

After NDR race someone wrote he had never seen more than 15 cars on track at once and that was so epic etc. Okay nice, but under what rock do some people live?

And yes, community is kinda fragmented. The different languages alone are enough to cause that.
Further, once people have found 'their' favorite league or events they tend to stay there because it offers all they need. For new people a bit hard to get involved maybe.
Sometimes people with old accounts have no real idea either, and that makes it even more confusing.

It is usually not a problem, only when a league or forum closes down. Which is natural in internet, because people get bored with running the same project after some years.
In theory players could easily move to a different place but often they prefer to melt in self-pity. Looking
Funniest example is the old german forum, where account-creation is broken. If you forget password you are also out forever because no possible to reset it.
So of course no new users and almost nobody can even still post. The few leftover people make same old jokes or desperately try to organize races by making whatsapp-groups and exchanging phone-numbers.
They could just move to cityliga or elsewhere, but all they know is their old broken forum.
So they continue to wonder why they are alone and moan about drift servers. Shrug
Quote from Timo1992 :LFS needs one of the NDR leagues back on saturday evening. I'm very sure it would bring back many of the old racers as well. Just look at the attendance of all the people in the S3 Voucher event. It was brilliant.

Well let's face it, it was pretty much an off-season event. The first weekend of the year is certainly not the most event packed in sim racing and with S3 just made available for purchase, people looked at LFS and saw a seemingly competetive event with some old names. Some of the drivers attending said, if they win a voucher they'd give it to a friend as they are racing elsewhere and would not return. Overglorifying NDR is not helping either, as there was also a struggle for attendance in the last seasons run, ignoring the fact that other organisations like Genuine Racing organised also competetiv and strong grids and .

What is currently very very difficult, is to get the information for league racing together. I do the #leagueupdate on facebook.com/LiveForSpeedFanpage. Not all events are entered into the racing calender. Some events take only place in facebook groups, some on websites (and others use illegal versions). When you ask them why they don't at least add their event dates to the calender and/or publish them on the forums, their answer often is that (their) racers don't use the official platforms (anymore) and that it is therefore more convenient on social media or their own platform.

At the end of the day it is like Meat Loaf said: Objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer then they are.

EDIT: Afer all, it went pretty much off-topic, seeing it originally just dealt with just one server.

(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG