The online racing simulator
my extremely easy DFP pedal fix: DFP+MSSW=hybrid pedals
hi guys,

in case someone is interested, i found a new way to fix the issues with the DFP pedals (rev. b) which is extremely easy to do, works marveously and is quite cheap as well.
all you need is a driving force pro revision B pedal set and a spare microsoft sidewinder (forcefeedback or not, USB or not, red or black).

my rev.B pedals have given me a lot of trouble lately, they were spikey, stopped working altogether at the start of a race or the gas pedal would get stuck when i was approaching the first corner.

thankfully i still had my old MSSWFF in the attic, so yesterday i took that and had a good look at it, the cables of it and the DFP and wondered how one could get a nice working pair of pedals attached to the DFP.
used sidewinders or spare pedalsets are going for around 10€/$/pounds, so you can easily get one.
finally, i just opened up both pedal sets out of curiosity (watch out for the hidden screw beneath the sticker on the microsoft) and the solution just struck me...
both use similarily shaped pots, although the DFP ones are attached in a rather flimsy manner, which causes all the problems. the sidewinder however, appears to be quite a bit more sturdy...

so i just took the DFP pots off, with all the wiring still attached and put them in place of the SW ones. they fit perfectly and there is no chance of them moving around and with the DFP's cable, you can just plug them into the DFP without needing a degree in electronics.
the hybrid pedals work like a charm, no drawbacks whatsoever and the stronger springs of the sidewinder even give you a slightly better feel.

the most difficult bit is that you have to unplug the wires from the potis, in order to get the cable properly through the small hole under the sidewinder set. you only have to remember which cable goes where though, which is hardly complicated if you write it down...just don't mix up the cables from the gas pedal's pot with the one from the brake pedal.
:wow:

Hell with the DFP pedals, I'm trying that out!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG