The online racing simulator
How to start receiving NLP / MCIs?
Plugin, running on a local client. Apart from subscribing to the packet / datagram, what else do I need to do?
Make sure you have a plugin that's handling those packets. You could be getting them but never using them.

<?php 

public function __construct() {

$this->registerPacket('onMci'ISP_MCI);
    }
?>

<?php 

public function onMci(IS_MCI $mci) {
        echo(
'< MCI'.PHP_EOL);
    }
?>

I receive one MCI (or NLP, makes no difference), and then nothing. Do I need to tell PRISM to send them to my plugin at steady intervals? Ignore the PHP tags, those are obviously not in those places in the plugin.

Anyway, it doesn't matter now. I wrote the InSim app without PRISM, so it's fine.
Attached images
lfs-prism-mci.jpg
You should not needing to do this. MCI packets are automatically displayed on the console.

However, you need to set ISF_MCI (32) @ISI of course or in normal words the flags = variable @/configs/hosts.ini need to contain 32, or higher, according to your needs. NLP = 16 so that makes flags 48. Etcetc.

You get MCI when you are on the track. 1 per second if pps = 1 @/configs/hosts.ini
I'm aware that PRISM displays the packets in the console, as you can see from the screencap. That was to ensure that the packet got passed to the plugin when I was having trouble receiving more than one of them.

Correct abridged answer to my question then is,
Quote :set the ISF_MCI flag (flags = 32) in hosts.ini.

I wasn't aware of the flags variable in hosts.ini because
1) it's not there by default
2) I didn't see it in the documentation, or
3) I did see it in the documentation, but didn't understand what I read.

It works now, so thanks.
Oh yeah I don't know.. It was years ago when I figured that out and I don't know better now. Good point that its lacking in the documentation although I think it's a question in the setup wizard. But no setup wizards for me.
may be this?
Quote :#define ISF_LOCAL 4 // bit 2 : guest or single player

// The ISF_LOCAL flag is important if your program creates buttons.
// It should be set if your program is not a host control system.
// If set, then buttons are created in the local button area, so
// avoiding conflict with the host buttons and allowing the user
// to switch them with SHIFT+B rather than SHIFT+I.

and this

Quote :// You can change the rate of NLP or MCI after initialisation by sending this IS_SMALL :

// ReqI : 0
// SubT : SMALL_NLI (Node Lap Interval)
// UVal : interval (0 means stop, otherwise time interval : 40, 50, 60... 8000 ms)

How it works for LFS is documented yes but this was not what this was about.
Should always use the wizard! Vic did a fantastic job on that part of PRISM.
Wizard, what wizard? Not even aware of any wizard. In fact, running
findstr /S /I "wizard" .\*

from the Windows' command prompt from the PRISM root gives zero matches. Maybe I need a wizard for using wizards.. Big grin

FTR: I can't remember whether I'm using the zip from the forum thread or the zip download from GitHub, if that makes any difference.
If you delete your config files and then start PRISM, it will generate the config files for you and allow you to select all of the options you want in ISP_ISI.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG