The online racing simulator
Controller support!
(6 posts, started )
Controller support!
I'm new to LFS. As far as I know there is no way to use an xbox 360 controller in LFS. Devs can you please add controller support? if there is a way to get my 360 gamepad to work please let me know.
It has been a long while since I used a pad on lfs (probably around when that thread posted) But yes it will work however the XBCD drivers only work for the wired pad and from memory will only work on Win 7 or older versions.

You can use a pad using the default Microsoft drivers but the downside is there is no way of separating the triggers so you will have to have throttle/brake as a combined axis.
Quote from GAVD999 :It has been a long while since I used a pad on lfs (probably around when that thread posted) But yes it will work however the XBCD drivers only work for the wired pad and from memory will only work on Win 7 or older versions.

You can use a pad using the default Microsoft drivers but the downside is there is no way of separating the triggers so you will have to have throttle/brake as a combined axis.

Good to know. Thanks. So far I've been using this https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/14604-Guide%3A-Using-a-Gamepad-with-LFS--%5BObsolete%5D

not bad but as you mentioned there's no way to separate triggers. the car throttles by itself
Quote from SLEEPER_ :
not bad but as you mentioned there's no way to separate triggers. the car throttles by itself

The car shouldn't throttle by itself with combined triggers, it should work normally (Make sure you have selected combined throttle/brake above the axis selection in options) The only downside to combined throttle and brake is you cannot use them independently.

One other thing make sure you go into options/misc and set analogue smooth steer to full, that will help slow the steering down as much as you can.

Controller support!
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG