The online racing simulator
Ultimate racing cockpit
(26 posts, started )
Ultimate racing cockpit
You seen the cost of these things? illepall
That doesn't look too ultimate to be honest. It looks like the main focus has been in creating audio equipment rather than actual driving hardware and equipment. Sure they got a nice seat and a leather wrapped steering wheel but that doesn't cut the mustard for most of the sim fanatics. They don't mention about steering wheel rotation degrees (stock black momo with new wheel?), there doesn't also seem to be a clutch pedal or a stick shifter of any kind.

Propably a GTR racers dream, but I think they should concentrate more in the actual driving hardware. And the $16,995 price of the base model seems like a bit of a joke, since they don't have any horribly expensive hardware coming along with the cockpit.

PS. Shouldn't this be in hardware?
I agree it's not all that "ultimate". A projector, a subwoofer, and a Momo wheel aren't worth $17K in my book. Hell, I've got a system with a bigger view screen, a better wheel (no dash though), etc. and don't have anywhere NEAR that much invested.

If you want ultimate, a motion platform is your only choice.

or a track car.
#5 - Tick
Wouldnt be hard to copy, less the dash (not my specialty)

A few mods to make it my own and all for less than a grand!

Tick
Erk, it's aimed at the PS2 market.

And I forget his name, but there is someone who's posted his cockpit in the hardware section, which kicks the shit out of that.
#7 - _rod_
I Could buy myself a new car with that kind of money..Damn is that thing expansive.
Not to mention, it's built out of freakin plywood!! "83 pieces of 1/2" thick 9-ply Baltic Birch plywood" to be exact. Freakin 1/2" thick? LOL. At least make it out of aluminum if you are going to charge this kind of cash. This is such a joke! And I see just the base unit without the display is $17000. Then they charge you double what you could get in the store for the plasma screen options. Un-freakin-believable!!!!

Hmm, probably no more than 3 sheets of plywood, if that, at $40 per sheet? A Momo wheel at $60, racing seat at I'm guessing $400, sound system at $200, and a plasma for $1500. Gives you a total of $2280. Wow, nice markup. I'm in the wrong business.
uh.. dont forget to mention.. you can only play GTR on it apparently (or .. thats what its accompanied with [see FAQ])

but.. hell, anyone know where the price estimates came from, whats so.. amazing about it?
also, keep in mind that price doesnt even have the freaking S&H, you have to pay for that after an estimate too!!! omg.. rip off... i could buy like 500 geo metros with that much money
lmao, and anyone who buys it is a complete loser
$17000!? You could get a fast/nice car for that much...now that's the ultimate racing cockpit
I would rather have a CyberSeat, which is $6000 cheaper and it moves
What sort of a clown would pay that kind of money.
I reckon you would get better value out of a real car than pay that kinda cash for a mock up even it is for the Magnificant LFS

HOWEVER if I got it for nothing...............
Quote from http://www.virtualgt.com/details.html :Full Suspension

VirtualGT is equipped with a unique 4-corner independent suspension. Custom machined spring-loaded feet support your VGT solidly on any floor surface. These feet impart the quality of "compliant mass." Floating above the floor and reacting to even subtle body motion, VirtualGT feels like a real vehicle rather than a stationary platform. A spring kit is provided with each VGT, allowing you to fine tune your suspension.

The Importance of Audio

The custom audio system, designed specifically for VirtualGT, is one of the key factors that separates VirtualGT from all other simulators. With 500 Watts of power delivered to 4 satellite speakers, 1 subwoofer, and 4 vibration transducers, VGT faithfully recreates the intense sound and vibration of a high powered race car. The result is total immersion, unlike anything you have ever experienced before. The sense of speed and energy will raise your heart rate. You may even break a sweat!

Not the best choise for LFS driver
#16 - p1u
Quote from Vendetta :lmao, and anyone who buys it is a complete loser

Rich ppl aint loosers.
-
(Rappa Z) DELETED by Rappa Z
Quote from MagicFr :this is ultimate : http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=245412

hell, for what it looks like he spent that's pretty ultimate!

I think one of the devs showed their triple monitor system once, it looked better than that $17000 machine. That thing is also probably an arcade system.
Quote from p1u :Rich ppl aint loosers.

Prehaps not, but if you buy that then you're an idiot.
#19 - JJ72
Last time I heard the word ultimate it was actually GT4 the "ultimate driving simulator".

Oh this must be pretty ultimate as well. D
bets on which peice will fall off/break or any other random malfunction.. will begin now
Quote from XCNuse :bets on which peice will fall off/break or any other random malfunction.. will begin now

i think the cord connecting the wheel motions to the computer will be kicked out in a few seconds
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Erk, it's aimed at the PS2 market.

And I forget his name, but there is someone who's posted his cockpit in the hardware section, which kicks the shit out of that.

I believe you're thinking of GrandSurf. I could be wrong though
:jawdrop:
Quote from 96 GTS :I believe you're thinking of GrandSurf. I could be wrong though

Yes, thats the guy. His cockpit is amazing.

Ultimate racing cockpit
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG