The online racing simulator
AUTOCROSS/WESTHILL CARPARK REQUEST
(6 posts, started )
[Also this is for a friend using an s2 acc so bleeeeee]
If you are Demo Licensed , for what want a Autocross/Westhill layout?
Few things;
  • Westhill carpark, like the rest of Westhill, is much harder to build on than any other track. This is due to the elevation changes. For instance, from one end of the carpark you want, the ground goes from 4.5 metres, to over 26 metres.

No big deal you might think, except not only do you have to fiddle with X and Y headings, but you also have to place things accurately height wise - all the time - everywhere.

The triangles in the image, like the slabs, are 16 m x 16 m. Place and move them 10 m and there's 3 elevation changes.

My point: a lot of effort.
  • Do you have any sort of design in mind?

Or does the builder of this layout also have to put in all the effort in designing the track too?

What if you don't like the design? Too big, too small, too easy, too hard, not enough turns, too many turns, ......?
  • Your attitude stinks.

You're on here requesting something for free, hoping for the goodwill of the LFS community, and as soon as someone asks a legitimate question, which you could have just politely replied to, maybe expanding on your reason you put in your first post, we get stroppy petulant teenager answers instead.
Not saying someone won't make you a layout, just give them a reason to want to help (politeness; not money).

Better yet - make your own. That way you won't have to ask an ungrateful community for their help.

If you're one of these people that thinks its too hard to make one because you haven't done it before, (and we all started from not having made a layout before) then to make autocross layout;

SHIFT U
Click Edit tab button
Pick an object from top list of choices
Click letter O to place the object
Use < and > to turn object (if required) - for info, 64 clicks of one of these keys will turn an object 90 deg
Use arrows beside X and Y coordinates if you want to fiddle with fine placement control
Use arrows beside Z (height) coordinate for moving object up and down.
Some objects you can also change colour, length, height, pitch and (in case of concrete wedges), angles.

If you find it hard to make a nice neat and constant radiused turn, then use lines or walls between objects as spacing guides. Delete these when the other objects are placed.

You have 1,800 objects to play with - this should be more than ample for your needs.

I managed a 5,000 m track with that number.
Attached images
Flat slabs laid on Westhill Carpark.png
radiused turn.png
Aston Skytrack 5000.png
The request I got was something small 2 lanes (So the races cant have spins meaning less penalties) but at this point since the RDC is on it's first season anything at the moment, just not too advance since some new people will join.

Still thanks for the interest~!
Quote from R3KInitiate :The request I got was something small 2 lanes (So the races cant have spins meaning less penalties) but at this point since the RDC is on it's first season anything at the moment, just not too advance since some new people will join.

Still thanks for the interest~!

And the reason I can't build layouts is due to something I have I find it really difficult to sit here for long stretches of time

AUTOCROSS/WESTHILL CARPARK REQUEST
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG