The online racing simulator
Oculus Rift pre-orders open at 4pm GMT / UTC today
Just in case anyone who is interested doesn't already know...

Oculus Rift pre-orders open at 4pm GMT / UTC today. www.oculus.com
Direct link to the shop (not live yet):
https://shop.oculus.com/

List of countries that you can preorder from:
Quote :United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Spain, Sweden, and Taiwan.

Some informations from Palmer's twitter:
Quote :*Good news, everyone: When you preorder Rift, you also reserve your spot for Touch preorders. First in line for Rift=First in line for Touch.

*Rift preorders are different from most of the games industry. You don't get charged until we ship - no deposit lock-in, no bonus pressure.

*No chance of Rift preorders "selling out", we will keep taking preorders for as long as people want EVE: Valkyrie!

*If enough people pre-order and somehow exhaust all the stock we are building up, later orders will just have a later ship date.

-
(just2fast) DELETED by just2fast : double post
going to be intresting to see the price of it.
#4 - troy

that is certainly quite something, will be interesting to see where vive is pricing in relation to this. But that makes me wait for initial adoption rate and reviews for sure.
Aww ... $600? Like what...
Anyways, is the final development SDK available now?
yeap, was abit steep Imo. was expecting around $350-400.
Yeah, in UK it's said to be £499 plus £30 shipping.

Too high I think, considering the resolution still won't be that good.

Might be best to wait for the second generation devices, when they are cheaper and have better resolution (which will also depend on graphics cards with better performance).

Could be better to buy a mountain bike and experience some real reality. Smile
Can't take the mountain bike to space though Tongue
that is my biggest fear with this, becouse that was the only thing i dont like with my dk2 is that the image is to grainy.
and you cannot do Alien makeout with a mountain bike. Different priorities Big grin
Usualy it takes few minutes for the money to get from my bank account to PayPal account, but today after 2 hours the money is still not there.

No Rifts for me, thanks PayPal.

699 Euros for Poland plus shiping cost. Wasn't expecting that...
#13 - Be2K
well the price is to high. No VR for me for now :<
742€ with shipping in Finland, ordered but it did sting.

I was expecting it to be somewhere around half that cost to be honest.

I guess this tweet from Palmer is relevant, still, unexpected.
741 to France ythat hurts.
Quote from Amynue :Usualy it takes few minutes for the money to get from my bank account to PayPal account, but today after 2 hours the money is still not there.

No Rifts for me, thanks PayPal.

699 Euros for Poland plus shiping cost. Wasn't expecting that...

I guess it's true. You do have more money than brains if you're actually attempting to order one.
Quote from DukeOfSandwich :I guess it's true. You do have more money than brains if you're actually attempting to order one.

Hi dawesdust_12. Enjoying your vacations from the forum? See you when they announce the price of the Vive.
Just so you know, you won't be billed until they ship your order. So even if you don't have the cash on your PayPal now, you can still order.
BTW, from what have I read about HTC Vive (very little actually), it's supposed to be high end product, not aiming at particular affordable price. So whoever thinks the Vive will be cheaper should embrace for a crash in April (or later), I think they will go at least +10% above Rift just to look more exclusive and advanced. If they would be able to hit $600 too, so much better, they will have higher profit then. But actually they may go way more expensive just because of cost, like easily over $1k...
I seriously hope Oculus Rift will be completely destroyed by the Vive on the marketshare, and that HTC will make their VR headset more affordable (300€ will be acceptable, 200€ would be even better but we know it's just a dream for now).
Quote from Matrixi :Just so you know, you won't be billed until they ship your order. So even if you don't have the cash on your PayPal now, you can still order.

When you don't have enough funds on your PayPal account it asks you to add a Credit Card to your PayPal account and I don't have one so yeah no front seats in the preorder line for me, cash will probably arrive tomorrow.

dawedust_12 may really have some mental issues:
http://i.imgur.com/fnvQWvt.jpg
Quote from nacim :I seriously hope Oculus Rift will be completely destroyed by the Vive on the marketshare, and that HTC will make their VR headset more affordable (300€ will be acceptable, 200€ would be even better but we know it's just a dream for now).

Considering that Oculus is saying they're selling at cost the 300€ mark is quite a few years away. There's a lot of custom tech in Oculus in addition to the cost of the xbox controller and games (and headphones). We have gotten used to getting a lot for our money, but the Rift is still very much a custom project with high end components. It'll take time to trickle down to lower pricepoint (quality might suffer as well).

I'm still waiting to jump the gun as I was expecting the price to be at max 499 eur. With the shipping 742 eur is a bit too much as my expectation was for so much lower. Will wait for the end user reviews and interested to see direct comparison to Vive.
Quote from Scawen :Could be better to buy a mountain bike and experience some real reality. Smile

Thankfully, mountain bikes are a lot cheaper than cars. Otherwise, LFS wouldn't have much of an audience Wink
same ballpark as the dk2 my ass
still ordered though... in for a penny in for a pound i guess

well that is i think i ordered one
it gave me errors most of the time
the order shows up in my account but no price estimate at all
and i still havent received an email confirmation

clearly the facebook money and web expertise at play here

Oculus Rift pre-orders open at 4pm GMT / UTC today
(120 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG