The online racing simulator
F1 from BBC to Channel 4....!
(16 posts, started )
Nice that they won't have adverts. I hate advertising with a passion, so good on Channel 4.
Is sky still taking half of the races?
#4 - Bean0
Quote from k_badam :Is sky still taking half of the races?

Sky have all the races.
C4 will show 10 live and the rest as highlights, the same deal that BBC had.
#5 - heson
BBC had the best show before Sky took over and made an ever better show.

BBC has in just afew years lost my top 3 shows F1, MotoGP and TopGear (I guess BBC is hijacked by green leftists who thinks motor shows are bad for the environment and also not aligned with the Bechdel test enough)

(And I lied, my no1 show is v8sc.)
As long as C4 don't take on Eddie Jordan and Suzi Perry .... be glad to see the back of them both.
-
(Forbin) DELETED by Forbin
Quote from heson :not aligned with the Bechdel test enough

The Bechdel test is merely one feminist's attempt at highlighting a lack of gender equality in film and other works. It is certainly not an indicator of quality. In fact there are some awful works that pass and amazing ones that don't. Also, no one said it always has to be invoked in every piece of work.

As a feminist critique, it's quite superficial, but at least it gets people talking.

For reference, it states simply that to pass the Bechdel test, the film (or other piece of fiction):
1. must have at least two women in it,
2. who talk to each other,
3. about something besides a man.

And besides, as we all know, Top Gear is a factual program. Wink
Only when they required US visa's. The rest of the time they provided 'Top Gear' with its entertaining excellence.

And, a 'feminist' test.... Buckle up buckeroo !

This year only a man could win 'womyn ov the year'

" She's a hero who is stunning and brave "

"You PC broh ?, check your privilege you CIS rapist !"

Triggered !!!!!!!!
Quote from heson :BBC had the best show before Sky took over and made an ever better show.

BBC has in just afew years lost my top 3 shows F1, MotoGP and TopGear (I guess BBC is hijacked by green leftists who thinks motor shows are bad for the environment.....

BBC still has Top Gear, just with new presenters....and I am hoping it will be less about entertaing the masses and more for the car nerds...just have to wait and see.
No surprise the Beeb moved F1 on though....they have a huge bill for a mountain of rubbish and over paid staff...( I will not witter on about the license fee I have to pay but there is nothing I watch on the BBC )
If Top Gear goes towards the car nerds end of the market it's finished.
Quote from Intrepid :If Top Gear goes towards the car nerds end of the market it's finished.

...but Fifth Gear is still going....sure it had some dreadful bits and it is far from popular...but I do hate those shows that just attract a crowd....JC and the crew were entertaining for many no doubt, to me it was the same old boring shit week in and week out! I say good luck to the new TG.
we have gone from F1 to TopGear xD
You know I was thinking that whilst I was replying, says a lot about the interest in F1 these days I guess :/

THE BEATLES
’ back catalogue of music is available on nine streaming services, including Apple Music, Spotify, Tidal and Google Play Music.........

In Wednesday's NME, Graham Coxon of Blur stated "Chris Evans is the biggest wanker in the world. You can put that on record." He still had them on his show the same Friday. The most embarrassing piece of television last year was The Brit Awards, when Liam Gallagher called Evans "ginger b****cks" and told him to "f*** off". Because you could see how much Evans wanted Liam to like him.

He is, when you come down to it, a classic insecure ugly man, which is why so much of his air time is taken up telling us which models and which blonde assistants he has shagged.

So he must be Captain Wonderful for the BBC, who's previous hero's include a Mr J Savile....

1955: The earliest incident of abuse recorded by the police. It took place in Manchester, where at the time he managed a dance hall.

1960: In one of a handful of example cases given by the police, a 10-year-old boy asked Savile for his autograph outside a hotel. Savile took the boy inside and seriously sexually assaulted him.

1 January 1964: Savile presents the first ever Top of the Pops for the BBC. He had previously been a DJ at Radio Luxembourg in 1958.

1965: Records show abuse started at the BBC, at Leeds general infirmary, where Savile was a long-term volunteer porter, and at Stoke Mandeville hospital, where he also volunteered.

1966: This was the start of what police have identified as Savile's peak period for abuse, which lasted a decade.

Move the clock forward to Feb 2015, after 60 years of publicly well known accusations against him the BBC finally let their hero go......

"Savile was one of Britain's biggest stars, a larger-than-life character who was known for tea-time TV favourites like Top of the Pops and Jim'll Fix It as well as stints on BBC Radio 1.
At the same time, it has since come to light, he was exploiting his status to prey on hundreds of people - girls and boys, men and women, but mostly vulnerable young females."
Or: "BLaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh"

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG