The online racing simulator
Another FPS problem thred...
(12 posts, started )
Just noticed new patch is out for LFS i wanted to give it a try , then boom , FPS just jump around crazy from 60 to 30 , sometimes 30 to 23 all around, even with vsync (or whatever it is Big grin ) it stays at 30 - 29 FPS but still the game freezes for a second , makes the game waaaaaaaay too much unplayable. If anyone could help, would be happy a lot lot lot. If needed any info over anything i have , happy to reply on the thread.

- Lonni Smile
Well, some machine specifications (CPU and GPU) and mentioning of used operating system wouldn't hurt.
Also, does it happen everywhere or just on the new Westhill?
Ok , here then full PC specs( almost full )

CPU : Core 2 Duo E7400 2.8Ghz
RAM : 2GB DRR2
GPU : Intel Q45/Q43 (1GB)(DirecX 10 o.O)integrated meh-
WINDOWS XP (lone survivor? )
But on other LFS version i had all full settings and 38+ FPS with no problem, this one isn't really making me happy Frown
Quote from MadCatX :Also, does it happen everywhere or just on the new Westhill?

Well , it's all over the place , i go all to the lowest settings ( 180 FPS ) still jumps to 60 or lower, freezing the screen , sound lag, image lag , just terrible :\
Set the FPS limiter to something your machine can keep up. New patch added some optimizations that might result in sudden FPS jumps at times on weaker machines.
Quote from MadCatX :Set the FPS limiter to something your machine can keep up. New patch added some optimizations that might result in sudden FPS jumps at times on weaker machines.

I've tried the FPS limit, set it to 30 even 20 still freezing :\
Okay i think i got it fixed somehow just messed up with the intel GPU thing and now it seems to be working fine, thanks all Smile
you are the second one saying something about "was messing up with Intel GPU setting/thing"... Start to wonder what it's all about...

Especially because an E7400 doesn't have an internal GPU. Lol.
He's talking about the Intel 4500MHD GPU that is a part of Q4x chipset. This is a pre-Sandy Bridge era GPU and as such it isn't any good for gaming. I would also imagine that the drivers haven't received any updates in years.
Ah right, OK!
I have the same issue atm how did you fix this ? Ive updated everything installed newest patch still lagging out freeze making fps randomly drop

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG