The online racing simulator
#1 - Si01
I'm hooked / thanks to the team inferno guys.
Just thought I'd say hi, & let you know I'm totally hooked on this awesome game!! I only got broadband just before Christmas, so downloaded it then, but got caught up playing GTL up until a couple of months ago. Then I finally got bored with GTL and haven't stopped playing LFS since. What have I been missing? never played on-line before but it's ace!! & most people I've come across are really sound, you can't beat car freaks!

Gotta say a big thanks to the Team Inferno guys, was getting a bit disheartened as I intially stuck to the simple XFGTi / B'wood & could do only 1.37's despite having what I thought was an ok set as it handeled fairly neutrally, downloaded the Inferno one & instantly went 2 secs. faster.
That inspired me to get racing with some of the quicker cars (FWD pah!), & again the Inferno website came in handy! Have become a bit of an FOX addict now. Quite frighteningly I've already clocked up over 300 laps on SOClassic. My lap times are gradually improving, got down to a 42.0x the other day, which whilst hardly troubling some of the incrediably quick dudes, I was quite please with.
Right off for some racing. Look forward to locking wheels with 'ya soon.
Si.

PS. How much band width does say an hours play use? Kindda worried I might end up exceeding my 3GB / month restriction as, as I said I'm getting kindda hooked probably averaging playing a couple of hours most days.
its very unlikely you will go over your 3 gig limit with LFS, unless you are doing insane ammounts of racing!

Im sure someone will give you an accurate figure but i dont think you need to worry,

Glad you are enjoying LFS as much as the rest of us
You are not going to pass that limit, IF YOU don`t have the auto skin downloader on. With this on it would download every people skins, and put it into skinX folder. I got many 100`s, of skins there, and since you just joined game you got a lot of skins to download. But my total LFS folder is somehow around 1G++ and I play pretty much, and got most skins I belive
I don`t think you are in danger of reaching that limit, but you can try to turn of automatically skin download in options, if you are affraight to cross it
#4 - filur
Quote from The Very End :You are not going to pass that limit, IF YOU don`t have the auto skin downloader on.. ..but you can try to turn of automatically skin download in options, if you are affraight to cross it

Skins aren't really that big a deal, are they?

My skins_x since patch s/t/u has 1002 files, ~64mb, so if your average skin weighs in around 65kb, that'll be about 16,000 skins to reach 1 gb.
#6 - AdamW
3GB a month? That's insane. My limit's 100GB and I'm bumping up against that every month...
#7 - Si01
Cool thanks guys,
I do have to share the connection with an i-pod wielding girlfriend, but other than that it doesn't really get much use other than general surfing, so I should hopefully have enough bandwidth to satisfy my addiction then!
Adam 100GB a month mate? You use it to watch TV or constantly downloading videos or something? Thats huge.
The Inferno setups rock, I'd be lost without them. Either that or i'd still be pestering people in servers for setups.

Yea adam your pr0n collection must be massive
Quote from Si01 :Adam 100GB a month mate? You use it to watch TV or constantly downloading videos or something? Thats huge.

Not really, with a 2Mb line shared between 4 students last year, we collectively downloaded nearly 2TB over the course of a year, peaking at over 400GB in one month.
Welcome to LFS and when are you having the party to kiss your old life away
(can we all come?)
mostly Japanese TV shows and watching mlb.tv. But man, I think just my OS updates and web surfing get over 3GB a month.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG