The online racing simulator
On a scale of 1 to 10 how much..
(92 posts, started )
Quote from th84 :I cant wait for football season to start!! I hope the Bear's do better this year than...... oh, your talking about soccer....... I'll stick to lfs. :P

yeah were talking about the football that uses feet LOL Nod
#27 - th84
Our football use's feet too, just not as often Smile

I never got into soccer/football that much, it doesnt help the the US always sucks!!
+1 for horny cheerleaders
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :NASCAR is funny. People only watch it for one reason. Crashes. The "racing" itself is duller then watching grass grow.

Not true. NASCAR has some pretty good racing, just like most oval racing. I just hate NASCAR in particular, but I do enjoy going to saturday night events.

Anyone who watches NASCAR just for the crashes is a moron. A 3 and a half hour race with about 6 cautions on average, you'll see a lot more clean (possibly exciting) racing than in many other racing series.
#30 - th84
Yea, I dont know where you get the fact that people like nascar races for the crashes. I go to 3 or 4 races a year, and i hate the crashes. All it does is slow the race down and make the race boring. There's nothing worse than the last 10 laps taking 2 hours to finish because people are wrecking all over the place.The best race ive ever been to was a couple years ago at Talladega when they did 500 miles with no caution's! Some tracks are boring, but the majority are fun races to watch imo (even more so in person).
wtf?? the world cup isn't till next year.
for all we know, s2 final could be out by then
I once found NASCAR fun to watch, but after a lot of races (I watched it all the time in college and the back end of school), it just seemed to grow dull. But lucky for me before and after a race I was treated to real racing with more then left turns. Which was when I got hooked on V8 Brutes. Motors TV rocks so much, every style of racing you'd ever want to watch.
Quote from tristancliffe : Yes, drunkeness. One major reason to hate football. Why do football fans have to get drunk to watch it? Is it because it's such a hateful sport that it's not enjoyable unless it swirly?

Thats not a valid reason to hate football IMO. The game itself isnt to blame for the stupid fans. ANd not everybody "has to get drunk to watch it". I for example will watch the matches at home on TV with water and tea. Big grin
You, however, are not English. It's obviously an English thing, along with hooliganism and swearing. Some of the worst people I know are football fans. Only a few of the nicest people I know are. My views are skewed accordingly (plus I just don't like it, despite being on my schools football team when I was younger simply because I could run quickly).
Hm, yes, that should be the reason then.

Too bad, you dont get to see the nicer sides of football. Wink
Quote from MAGGOT :@Detail - that is what SPEED Channel should be like... instead its all crappy NASCAR programming now.. 8 different NASCAR talk shows, which all talk about the same stupid crap and what time Jeff Gordon takes a dump, and then a NASCAR reality show, and then on top of that, old NASCAR races.

If you're lucky, you'll catch something from this year that is not a NASCAR race. It's terrible... Frown

AMEN! Speed Channel was one of the main reasons I've been suffering with a ridiculous cable bill. Now I'm not sure it's worth it.

They put F1 qualifying on at 2 and 3 am - and it's not even live ! When it is it's understandable, but when it's taped ? They do the same with virtually all other types of racing, too.

Why ? Because they can't interrupt the 6 pm to 2 am barrage of endless nascar drivel.

Wasn't it P.T. Barnum who said " You'll never go broke pandering to the lowest common denominator" ?

Entropy is inescapable, but that doesn't mean it doesn't suck.
It pisses me off when they break from say a Rolex or ALMS race for F1 qualifying or NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series Practice =/
#38 - th84
Nascar is the most popular form of motor sport's here, so naturally speed is gonna focus on that.

Quote :
AMEN! Speed Channel was one of the main reasons I've been suffering with a ridiculous cable bill

Speed is included in basic cable down here, it's espn classic that kill's me Smile
I understand you in a way Tristan, but I think your view is actually quite uneducated really. I hate to say that but your view is almost as bad as people who are stereotypical to other things, say environmental activists with motor sports. Something I wouldn't expect of you tbh Smile

Football in itself is a good game, simple rules that everyone can pick up easily. Unfortunately it's been ruined by excessive money being pumped into the sport and also a drawback of it's success, the accessibility to fans.

It's pretty cheap for anyone to watch a game compared to other sports and that's bound, coupled with the higher t.v coverage the game gets, to attract idiots.

However I will maintain that there are many people who go and watch games who ARE educatated and can throw more than 3 words together. In fact one day I'll take you to a game and show you how it can be Smile
Quote from tristancliffe :You, however, are not English. It's obviously an English thing, along with hooliganism and swearing. Some of the worst people I know are football fans. Only a few of the nicest people I know are. My views are skewed accordingly (plus I just don't like it, despite being on my schools football team when I was younger simply because I could run quickly).

lol Razz football has changed, its not as bad as it used to be, noone wants to see hooliganism in the sport, well maybe millwall fans but they are from a different planet anyway. Thumbs up

the world cup is a time when you get to really connect with complete strangers, youll never see a time like it when there are people tooting their car horns and celebrating with random people. even people who dont like football tune in and watch it because the world cup is fun! if you dont know the guy/girl next to you, so what, you can talk to them about the game your watching together.

i know for sure that there will be all sorts of people down my local, and none of them will be brawling or doing anything like that.

look if you dont start liking football im gonna send my mates round and brick all ya windows. heheh Big grin
I started reading some of this thread and thought, no, football won't interupt my LFS'ing at all, I'm in the US. Soccer/Football isn't watched or enjoyed at all over here (no offense). Then I continued reading and got really confused. All the talk about the drunks and hooligans watching football and I began to think you were talking about American football, LOL:drink:. So, what is it? Soccer or American football? Because you all are describing the American football fans perfectly talking all about the drinking and rowdyness .

Then of course, Nascar comes up. And then shortly after, Nascar bashing. Please say "I'm not fond of Nascar, I find it boring" not "Nascar is boring", because it really isn't. The boring part comes from how long the races are and like was said, all the cautions stalling the racing.

I just thought it was funny, because when I think of your football (soccer to me), and I think of the fans, I didn't think of drunken rowdyness. That belongs to the immature Americans who think that the only thing in life is American football.

I don't watch football BTW (your soccer or our football). I am a hockey fan, hehehe Thumbs up . Perhaps I should have moved to Canada!!! Nah, I like it right here near the Pittsburgh Penguins, even though they stunk this year.

Oh, and some of you may have seen my Pittsburgh Steeler skin on my FOX. I did that for support of Pittsburgh going to the superbowl. I may not like football that much, but it's still nice to have the championship team in Pittsburgh again.

Of course, then there's baseball. I have never figured out how it can be the World Series, when it's only US and Canadian teams :pillepall . And again, another lousy professional team for Pittsburgh, but I do remember the '79 Pirates who won the World Series title when I was a kid. I have fond memories that year heading downtown with mom and my little brother and meeting dad after work for the games. My bro and I were in the Dave Parker fan club and I remember getting all kinds of neat-to-an-eight-year-old memorabilia.
Quote from richy :lol Razz football has changed, its not as bad as it used to be, noone wants to see hooliganism in the sport.

I don't think thats true at all, and thats from a person who traveled up and down the country last season watching Derby County. It is still dreadful, not just the opposing teams but also Derby fans. Some of the idiots on our supporters coach are unbelievable.

Like I said there are good un's though.
Much like here, when it's a home match, as the train station is on the other side of town to the stadium, the police now HAVE to frog march all away fans from the train station to the stadium, and then back to the station at the end to prevent them getting into fights and riots. The home fans are also left in the staduim after the game until all away fans have left town. :/

Pretty much all the soccer (because soccer is it's real name) fans I know are nothing but dicks, and are a disgrace to their town and country. I mean, every port, airport, and even the eurostar stations are filled with police to stop any known hooigans from leaving the country and they have to report into their local police station every match to make sure they didn't leave.

It's like a comedian I heard on defcon radio said. Gun crime and such in England is way lower then over in the US, but give a Brit a soccer ball, and they are a deadly combo.

Hockey is the game for me, Red Wings and The Flames are the two teams I follow. I almost failed college to watch the game too (live games start at 3-5am, then one game had about an hour over time, I got no sleep that night, then had to go in for an exam first thing). Damn I love the game, I used to play it a lot at an ice rink not far from here, god damn did that kick ass.
Quote from mrodgers :Because you all are describing the American football fans perfectly talking all about the drinking and rowdyness .

It's not just Football the Americans are drunk and roudy over! Wink Big grin hehe

Quote :I just thought it was funny, because when I think of your football (soccer to me), and I think of the fans, I didn't think of drunken rowdyness.

Soccer hooligans are notoriously noted as the most violent of all sports fans, I think. I've never seen NFL fans bringin crowbars and rioting inside a stadium during/directly after a game.

Quote :I don't watch football BTW (your soccer or our football). I am a hockey fan, hehehe Thumbs up . Perhaps I should have moved to Canada!!!

C'mon up! Plenty of room! Smile (Just don't get in the way of us Leafs fans Wink hehe

Quote :Nah, I like it right here near the Pittsburgh Penguins, even though they stunk this year.

Look at your draft picks and such, next season or the season after methinks the Penguins will be the team to beat.

Anyhow... How bout that Stanley Cup eh? Go Oilers! Big grin
Never have I really understood what's so fun in pointlessly running after a black and white ball while trying to kick it around from one place to another. Razz

Yes, I do hate football, thank god last time I was forced to play it was back in the high school many years ago.
Well, having grown up playing soccer (I know, FOOTBALL, but Australia plays four kinds of football including two kinds of rugger, and occasionally plays Gaelic footy against Ireland as well so we need to avoid confusion) and finally seeing my country in the World Cup is quite an achievement. We have the strongest team that we've had for a while (all those premier league players help a bit) so I'll be watching with great interest. Oz was last in the Cup in 1974 so, unlike England and many other European & South American nations, this is quite a novelty for us down here. Even the Aussie Rules & rugby crowds down here are getting into it.

@Matrixi:The only thing that could be more pointless than watching millionaires chase a ball up and down a paddock for ninety minutes is going out afterwards, getting sloshed and fighting like it actually matters. Compared to that, football itself makes a lot of sense Big grin We certainly don't have the hooligan problem down here that the UK has, thankfully. I'll never understand it. Kicking heads in the street over football? AYFKM? Get a life you halfwits.

Hey, imagine if there were LFS hooligans Big grin "Oi! Whajoo say about teh GTi? Come 'ere and say dat!" BOFF! KICK! STOMP!
Quote from mrodgers :
Please say "I'm not fond of Nascar, I find it boring" not "Nascar is boring", because it really isn't. The boring part comes from how long the races are and like was said, all the cautions stalling the racing.

Please say " I find it not boring", because it really is.
Thumbs up
Quote from MAGGOT :...Look at your draft picks and such, next season or the season after methinks the Penguins will be the team to beat.

Yea, I got a little too excited about Crosby when I made the following pre-season Razz . Guess I'll have to change the cup graphics on the rear center before I use it again.

http://i17.photobucket.com/alb ... %20Skins/FZ5_Penguins.jpg

Quote from Flycantbird :Please say " I find it not boring", because it really is.
Thumbs up

Hahaha, Ok, funny Big grin . And where have you been Flycantbird? Haven't seen you on any servers forever.

Quote from Matrixi :Never have I really understood what's so fun in pointlessly running after a black and white ball while trying to kick it around from one place to another.

Well, what about racing? You drive for an hour or so at over 100-150 mph (km?) and you end up exactly where you started from!!! What's the point in that? LOL :pillepall Seems to make even less sense Razz.
St. Georges flags will be removed from cars as soon as england has been kicked out.

Unless the nice folks on DTP get there first, and remove them for them. Big grin Thumbs up
Attached images
dvla.jpg
Quote from mrodgers :Well, what about racing? You drive for an hour or so at over 100-150 mph (km?) and you end up exactly where you started from!!! What's the point in that? LOL :pillepall Seems to make even less sense Razz.

You won't end up in the place you started from in rally or sprint races. There are other motorsports than Nascar or circuit racing out there. Razz

PS. My post was supposed to be taken with a hint of sarcasm. Wink

On a scale of 1 to 10 how much..
(92 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG