The online racing simulator
Ascona skin?
(58 posts, started )
#26 - joen
Flippy, I already said that I didn't see the other thread and I don't see a link to it in this thread either. How am I supposed to know about that thread? I haven't read every single topic in this forum.
It doesn't even matter anyway, it's the attitude that pisses me off
Blackout, you went too far with the stripes!

Although he doesn't deserve a skin at all, a simple text sayin Ascona on the boot would've been enough. Everyone could've looked at it and thought it definately was a great replica of the 'great' car itself.
I know what you mean joen, and I completely understand. Here is the thread: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=8657

You both kinda reacted not in the right way, but the requester went a bit too far with the insults.

Why didn't any of you already mentioned the skins are kinda useless for demo racers?
#29 - joen
Quote from sgt.flippy :I know what you mean joen, and I completely understand. Here is the thread: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=8657

You both kinda reacted not in the right way, but the requester went a bit too far with the insults.

Why didn't any of you already mentioned the skins are kinda useless for demo racers?

Well, I'm sorry but I don't see anything wrong with the way I reacted. Even after the insults I didn't lower myself to his level. Untill his latest repl yes.
Ah well, I read it again, you're right. This just makes people dislike demo-players even more
#31 - joen
Well, thankfully I've seen many other demo players not behaving like egotistical brats.
This community is full of people who are willing to spend some of their free time to help someone else.
This is not the way to get anything from anybody.

If the TS or the other guy would have just given me the link you just gave all this nonsense would have been unnessecary.

Oh well, ignore lists are handy sometimes
I don't use a banlist, I always wonder what stupid things those people do later on
#33 - joen
That's the beauty of it, you still see they replied, and you can still click on it to view the message if you really want to. But the thread just looks a lot better without those replies And it basically functions as a note to self not to be helpfull to them ever again
Those boys should be proud of themselves, before today my ignore list had just one person in it, now I have three
I'll try it out some time!!

*puts joen on banlist and looks what it looks like*

*edit*
*removes joen from banlist and adds him to ignore list*..*it's late!(again)*

*edit*
*tried it, don't like it, I'll just read through thousands of useless posts**can I put myself on the ignore list?**goes trying*

*edit*
*tried it again, it says: Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.*

*look how much useless info and spam, all into 3 edits! I'm improving my nagging skills*
#35 - joen
Now off to post 800!! Please close this thread, it's calling me for spam..
#37 - Gunn
It's quite obvious that Joen was offering to help and was asking relevant questions in order to determine exactly what was being requested. What a pity that such generosity is thrown back in his face. I'm surprised that he persisted for as long as he did in the face of all of those silly comments.
okay, I´m sorry Joen, was stupid of me, was tired, i hope you forgive me, and if you will, help me with the skin, I´ll be very happy then
Quote from Midnight_purple :okay, I´m sorry Joen, was stupid of me, was tired, i hope you forgive me, and if you will, help me with the skin, I´ll be very happy then

Happy banana for you! :banana:
I'm delighted to see your response and glad that I didn't give you a ban last night when I read this thread.
Now, go and buy the license. :spin:
Quote from Janezki :Happy banana for you! :banana:
I'm delighted to see your response and glad that I didn't give you a ban last night when I read this thread.
Now, go and buy the license. :spin:

I cant buy it, don´t have the money for it...
#41 - joen
I respect that you offered your apologies, so they are excepted. I hope you'll remember it the next time someone just asks you a question, being tired really is no excuse to treat people like crap.

Making the type of skin you're asking is not easy. Normally a skin contains graphics like decals, stripes, flames, whatever. They are all part of the car body. What you're asking is adding car parts to the skin (like headlights, a grill, those rubber strips on the side of the car (don't know how to call them). Those are normally part of the game textures.

As the XRT doesn't have visible headlights, and a grille, this car lends itself to have lights and a grill painted on the skin itself.

Like Sgt. Flippy said, it's more like texturing than skinning. I could slap those things on a skin in five minutes. But it won't look good and I wouldn't be pleased with the result, and to me it's important that it does. So that takes time.
I don't really have that time at the moment, and to be totally honest with you I don't really feel like it anymore either. And considering my pedals broke today I'm even less in the mood.

If you want someone to make a good skin for you I would advise you to provide good pictures (as high quality as possible) of the Ascona model you want. That means for instance a frontal pic so that the headlights and grille can be transferred from the photo onto the skin. Because painting those lights from scratch would take even much more time.
I think i said something really bad here on the forum yesterday, I can not deffend my acts but my i was not in a mode so that because i went a little too far in this conversation. Im truly sorry about that and hope to get a forgiveness. Im not that kind of person in real life. My damn cord to my wheel is broken and i cant play right now Ok ill se you guys around i hope
here ya go! took me about 5 seconds!
Attached images
XRT_ASCONA.jpg
Not Hi-Res enough, should be 1024 for optimum look...
I´m not getting happier of your jokes, guys, so plese, send a SERIOUS skin, or just shut the **** up, I´m like 2seconds from getting banned from here, so it´s looks like you guys want me out of here, am I right?
No, I wanted to tell him his joke really failed, and Blackout at least put some effort into the joke. So it really wasn't funny and he should grow up, especially after this whole convo.

But when I typed that last time, I thought... Is it worth saying this, maybe this dies out... Well, apparently it didn't die out, so I'll post it now.
moderator or admin, please, lock this tread now

(You S2 guys, STOP PLAYING BEST IN THE WORLD, grow up or just shut the **** up!!!!!! yes, I´m a little upset)
#48 - Jakg
Quote from Midnight_purple : grow up or just shut the **** up!!!!!! yes, I´m a little upset)

you asked a question, got an answer you werent looking for, but it was correct, and when you just ignored it and then had a go at the person who so kindly answered your question, what right do you have to be upset?
Or he misunderstood my post, or he has some serious issues. If you just answered to this thread after what I said, and you got mad for some reason, don't post it.

Don't know how you interpreted my post, but actually I was being nice to you, and told you you were right. So I really wonder why you are upset at this time? If it didn't relate to my post, I wonder why you posted it in the first place, so please tell me what was wrong with my post.
#50 - Jakg
Quote from volvo360power :Hey man dont ju understand or are ju just dumb?? He doesnt want that brown car, he wants a red car and with the grill and lights etc, it will look like a ascona B. I dont see the problem in that really but you sertainly do. The picture was just to show how that perticular modell look, not to show that he wanted a brown car. So to all of you that reads this post, He wants a reeeed car!!!!! NOT BROWN!!!:singer:

this is why every one was mean to you, Jeroen gaved you a nice answer without insulting you, and this is what you say!

Ascona skin?
(58 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG