The online racing simulator
Connection Timed Out
(8 posts, started )
Connection Timed Out
Hey,

Im tryign to play a LAN game for good hour.

Connecting to other servers works, just fine, but when trying to connect to a server from one of the pcs here, it doesnt work.

Im trying with firewall set off.

Have tried to go with that wiki thread but it didnt help.

Why playing a LAN game is so complicated xd

Any suggestions ?

Thanks
Anyone ?
Ive tried with firewall off on both PC's, so i assume it should work without port mapping than ? Ive tried port mapping either. No results.
Depends on the router, some need internal port mapping (tcp and udp), some don't. Firewalls both off... It should be enough.

You are sure you can ping both computers? That they actually "see" each other. No dumb HUB(switch) laying around I suppose to rule out wrong router settings.
Gotta see router settings, maybe that's a problem.

They're in home group, i have a shared folder between them, and when trying to join it does finds a game (says no game when there isn't) but cant connect to it giving me that error.
Aha so you can see a server created by LFS but can't join? Looks like only TCP is allowed, not UDP.
We can play on somebody server just fine. But cant connect to one created by either of us.

But still with firewall off on both pcs, the TCP/UDP settings shouldn't be a problem ?

Connection Timed Out
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG