The online racing simulator
#1 - jdm22
Installation of patch or new game problem. 0.6H Error : Not enough space on disk
Hi everyone,

I was on LFS 0.6E when I try to install the update via LFS multiplayer screen.

Everything download fine, when I open the installer, all the writing are on a weird language, after, when I try to install it via :C/LFS directory, it told me : Error: Not enough space on disk. Wich is impossible because I got a 1TB HDD with planty of space.

So what could be the problem?

I have try to patch, install a complete new version, try a new location, Nothing work and I always got the same message.

Thank you

Guillaume L.
#2 - jdm22
Nobody can help me ? Frown

Does my explication are clear enough?

Thank you everyone.
Is the HDD divided into partitions? If yes,maybe try to install in D: - might be some writing restrictions on same partition as OS. Shrug
#4 - jdm22
Hi!

Thank you for taking time to help me.

No, my HDD is not divided with partitions.

And why the language of the installer if in a weird language, I can't change it either..

It is the very first time this happen to me since I play the first version of LFS.

I might starting to think that I have a virus or something else that won't let me install it, but I have made a full scan and everything is O.K with my computer. I have tried to install other game, I.E ( Battlefield, NFS, GTA and everything is installing fine.

I don't know where to look at...
Salut Guillaume, you said you downloaded the patch update via the multiplayer screen, and then you clicked on the installer but as I remember it, you don't have to do this as LFS patches itself automatically and reboot after it's done. Do you have a screen of the weird language you're talking about?.. perhaps it might give a clue to someone but right now it sounds like the installer is corrupted although it's not possible because you said you try fresh install with a new installer afterwards.

Being you I'd try a ckeckdisk and attempting to fix bad sectors just in case and maybe reinstalling LFS in administrator mode.
#6 - jdm22
Salut à toi!

Yes I have already check my HDD and everything is fine. I have try to install older version of LFS and everything is installing super fast and easily.

Here are the screenshot.

I think me too that the installer is corrupted, I have try to download it from many server proposal on LFS site and it do allllllways the same thing.

Thank you for your help.

Guillaume
Attached images
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
If you tried it from many servers and the same problem still occurs the installer has to be clean. Somehow something seems to mess it up but it might be more complicated as you said you updated your old LFS before trying the new installer and you already had a problem.
I'm clueless but LFS uses the Nullsoft install script.. I'd be curious to install another program that uses the same version of nullsoft to see if you get the same enigma.

Still, you could update LFS to 0.6H from another computer, then copy back to your computer on a pen drive and if you want the file associations you could run the LFS_Associations.zip from the download page and have everything working.
#8 - jdm22
Thank you for the information, I will try it on an other computer to see, but it dosen't even work on my external HDD too..

So i will keep updated. Even LFS programmer can't help me..
Hi

Maybe

Delete the contents of
C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Installshield
Right click -> Run as administrator?
Thank you soooooo much cargame.nl !!

I have try it and it worked!!

Problem resolved, but it don't explain why I still get this weird language and can't change it.

Guillaume
Smile
Thought you tried the administrator mode when I suggest that up two days ago. Glad to see you made it work.
English is a weird* language ?
(English Rule; 'I' before 'E', except after 'C') Exceptions, 93 pages follow.............

http://www.economist.com/blogs/johnson/2012/07/language-and-computers
"... here are also direct analogies between natural language and computer code. Well-written code is light on the computer's memory, and runs smoothly; well-written prose is easy on the reader's working memory, and reads easily. Badly written code will cause errors in execution; badly written prose can cause errors in interpretation. Some people will never learn to write. Some will never learn to code."

"Last week I was at the CSTA Computer Science & Information Technology conference in New York City. One of the great thing about events like this is the hallway conversations that just happen. When you get a lot of interesting people together the conversations are interesting by default. I had one such conversation with Dave Reed, computer science faculty at Creighton University and past Chief Reader of the Advanced Placement Computer Science exam. We started by talking about programming by people whose language is not English. The keywords they use are, for almost all languages, in English. Comments, variables, user written classes and methods though are in their own language. How confusing might that be? Dave has used a program written in German in some of his classes and asked students to explain what is going on from context. That’s an interesting exercise for sure. On the other hand why not translate the keywords?"

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/alfredth/archive/2011/07/21/why-are-all-programming-languages-in-english.aspx
"Many years ago I heard Grace Hopper talk about an early compiler. As I recall they wrote this sample compiler and finished it before it was due. They thought about the fact that keywords are really just symbolic so why not make them in other languages. They wound up adding support for several languages into the compiler. Unfortunately the committee who reviewed the final project thought that was far to complicated to actually work and concluded the demo was faked. Ah, the early days on computers when people really didn’t understand what they could do. To this day compilers seem to only understand keywords in one language and that language is almost always English.

It is not just Americans or even other English as a first language speakers who are doing this. Niklaus Wirth who designed PASCAL among other languages was Swiss. No doubt he could have used any one of several other natural languages but he used English. Off hand I don’t know of programming languages that use non English keywords. If there are some, and there must right, they don’t appear to be common. Anyone know any?"

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG