The online racing simulator
Will this game be on a platform? Like GOG?
I know the answer will probably no but how about a game this good on a platform? I am not saying I WANT it, hell I actually prefer it to be standalone, but wouldn't it be nice to have it on GoG or something? Steam is heavy on DRM but just a thought. I still prefer it like this though Smile

What are your thoughts?
Just one question... WHY?????
As long as ScaViEr are fine with selling the game only trough LFS shop(and keeping all the profit for themselves), Im totaly fine with it too.

Steam/GOG would be nice though... because publicity Smile
I agree, but right now it is just fine with me. Just a suggestion.
#5 - Ped7g
I think gog.com would be open to discuss also about "reclaiming" the game for the players, who already have S2 license. If that would be the possibility, I wouldn't mind, as I have quite some games on GOG shelf.

Why? I think publicity, after releasing S3, may be something to consider this. Still the conditions may be too different for Scawen to hop on this. But maybe worth of some early talk with them, what's possible.
EDIT : Scawen already posted Face -> palm

Might be worth looking at this Scawen. DX9 game working on new sdk, with better performance Smile

https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=2378&start=440#p273287

Re: Rift with Euro Truck Simulator 2

Postby Komat » Thu May 21, 2015 12:52 am

diogofigueiredo wrote:
One thing that really caught my attention is the fact that the mirror mode shows a undistorted image on my main screen. That is really nice! Is it something native in 0.6 or did you have to code it yourself?

That is mostly a side effect of how I got the game to work. As 0.6 does not support DX9Ex anymore, the game now creates additional DX11 device which shares texture with the main DX9 one and uses it to copy output from the shared texture generated by DX9 to the shared DX11 texture used to pass the information to the SDK compositor for distortion. In 0.6 the SDK provides additional texture with the distorted content for possible display in the game window however to draw it, I would have to copy it back to DX9 which would create additional overhead so I am simply drawing the original undistorted images instead.
Well, GOG generally does no security.

Actual example to stop the bitchfest. The Witcher 3 on GOG has no lockdown. Buy it, install where ever, thats where the 'Piracy' versions come from, yet, if you look online. People are buying their versions cus.....
And according to 'some' people here, stopping piracy is really important......

In my opinion, stuff will always be stolen. If it's actually good and offers more for a paid for version, Then it will be brought and people will race online.....

Key point, the pirates are stealing Witcher 3 and not caring about online.

The concept isn't rocket science.

My thought is, Offer lots on demo, ignore piracy, offer the full game with online servers.....

Ummmmm, isn't that already the plan ???????

So, lets get the legal online servers offering new (post 2010) content ............

Please feel free to disagree Smile
Quote from Racer X NZ :Well, GOG generally does no security.

Actual example to stop the bitchfest. The Witcher 3 on GOG has no lockdown. Buy it, install where ever, thats where the 'Piracy' versions come from, yet, if you look online. People are buying their versions cus.....
And according to 'some' people here, stopping piracy is really important......

In my opinion, stuff will always be stolen. If it's actually good and offers more for a paid for version, Then it will be brought and people will race online.....

Key point, the pirates are stealing Witcher 3 and not caring about online.

The concept isn't rocket science.

My thought is, Offer lots on demo, ignore piracy, offer the full game with online servers.....

Ummmmm, isn't that already the plan ???????

So, lets get the legal online servers offering new (post 2010) content ............

Please feel free to disagree Smile

#1 The Witcher 3 has NO MULTIPLAYER MODE even when purchased legally

#2 LFS is already so cracked and easily obtainable that even those playing it illegally are so bored with the content they have to resort to VOB and other kinds of mods.

#3 LFS will NEVER go to Steam or GOG because quite simply that means less income from the devs and it also means that on top of the tax issues they also have to deal with w/e nonsense Steam puts in place

To summarize:

LFS is doomed to a slow and painful development/death of development process. The devs are too stubborn to sell out or to bring on more help to speed things up. They are very comfortable watching money trickle in and being a laughing stock in the sim world because there has been nothing in the form of new content or game changing developments. I have a great respect for the progress Scavier has been able to achieve while working solo but the time has come that LFS needs to be put in the list of games that could have been great if not led by such stubborn developers.

Good day LFS, troll on.
-
(qroonqroon) DELETED by Scawen : spam / reply to spam
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by Scawen : spam / reply to spam
Oh I see.. You never know, development may start to pick up. I might look into iracing or Project Cars though. But I still love LFS and will continue to play it!
Quote from StickyBranches :Oh I see.. You never know, development may start to pick up. I might look into iracing or Project Cars though. But I still love LFS and will continue to play it!

iRacing is just a giant money sink for a "sim" that is still subpar to LFS.

Project Cars is NFS Shift 3. It's NOT a racing simulator.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :
Quote from StickyBranches :Oh I see.. You never know, development may start to pick up. I might look into iracing or Project Cars though. But I still love LFS and will continue to play it!

iRacing is just a giant money sink for a "sim" that is still subpar to LFS.

Project Cars is NFS Shift 3. It's NOT a racing simulator.

Project cars is pretty good. I haven't played it enough to know all the pros and cons, but it really doesn't compare to LFS feel wise and there's no real multi-player for it. Asynchronous racing..... WTF is that? And the PC version requires a computer that costs as much as a real race car if you want all the bells and whistles. PC does have cool go karts though.
You know, you'd think that by now someone would have a racing title out there to at least be the equal of LFS. It's only a 12 year old game.....
All the console games (forza, Grand Tourismo 13 or whatever and some title that REALLY sucked) I tried plus the PC version of Project Cars have physics that are only a little better than Grand Theft Auto.
At least in that game you get to run over pedestrians.... Which ought to be an option in LFS seeing as we can now freely drive around the whole track configurations. I'd love to plow into a line of people waiting to use the restroom or get nachos or something.

Will this game be on a platform? Like GOG?
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG