The online racing simulator
Problems with Dcon server
(29 posts, started )
I want to make a server, i write all information needed into setup.cfg.
I write my ip adress i also leave port to 63392, but it doenst works, i can get into my server only on local but server doesnt shows on master server. All i get is insim-tcp: blind failed and tcp socket: blind failed.
PLS HELP!!
Attached images
setupcfg.jpg
tcpsucks1.jpg
Probably wrong IP address:

try if one of following works for you:
//ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
/ip=127.0.0.1
You should only set the IP if your system has multiple network interfaces with separate IP's. So just put the // in front to skip that setting.

Also make sure you have the server port forwarded in your router. Otherwise no outside connections are allowed.
Hello and i have this problem ): .

Try without router and at ip use :

//ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Thank you for answering, anyway Daniel i tried your tips for 1st it says parameter 3 is invalid, and for 2nd Could not connect to master server.
speedsknijn, i dont know if my system has multiple networks + i dont have any knowledge how to portforward a server in my router.
So u use router or not ?
If that white box next to my moniter is a router? Big grin
Quote from Tomislav531 : + i dont have any knowledge how to portforward a server in my router.

Then your journey basically ends here.
Quote from Andi1999 :Hello and i have this problem ): .

Try without router and at ip use :

//ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

I try that and it shows info but when i turn on airio i get tcp error and again server doenst shows on master server.
Without portforwarding you wont be able to successfully run a server of any kind. Unless of course you only want it to be a local network server....

Go and see if you are able to login to your router. Most common ipaddresses for routers are : 192.168.1.0, 192.168.1.1, 192.168.1.254. The third octet could also be a 0 or a 2 so youll have to try and see which one work for yours.

You can also find the router ip by openening a cmd prompt (windows key + R, type cmd and hit enter). Once the window opens, type ipconfig and itll spit out some info. You want the default gateway ip. It should be similair to my examples.
My ip is 192.168.1.239 i write that on my browser and it doesnt shows anything.
http://192.168.1.239/ My router is gigaset sx 763 wlan dsl
No of course not, it's your computer, not the router.

http://portforward.com/help/portforwarding.htm .. Like knijn is saying, you need to use the gateway IP.

But this doesn't solve anything. It doesn't solve the TCP bind fails. Those occur because (I think) Windows is disallowing the binding. In other words, the firewall is blocking the binding of these port(s). I only quoted your port forwarding bit because if you don't know anything about that you can fix the firewall issues but then still you end up nowhere.
Hey i did something, i found some good tutorial on internet and i managed to portforward connection. I used 192.168.1.239 on setup.cfg and it worked, i also updated airio and it also worked and found lx4 racing, i still dont know what to do with /insim 29999 i write it ingame and it says tcp: bind failed, insim not intialised. And again nobody cant join. Thats the problem i have now. Also on airio program something says user file data not found: Airio.sta.un.txt. Also i found something on firewall does it means anything if DCON is not green. 1st is tcp 2nd one is udp.
Attached images
frwall.jpg
Block all inbound traffic it says yes... In the last column. But only the b is visible. Should be a(llow).

You are more persistent then I thought. Nice Big grin
I went to dcon properties in firewall and ajusted it now it says allowed but server doesnt show on master server.
Allow all for Dcon yeah. Its not a virus, neither a trojan to take over your computer. If you block you get TCP bind fails, simply because Windows blocks the creation of communication ports. Right-click -> properties -> allow all (bottom option on first tab).

Same for Airio by the way. But you want to do too many stuff at the same time. First you need to get a proper working server.
What should i do i dont get any errors now but server just doesnt shows on master server.
Attached images
lx4r.jpg
airio.jpg
I guess you didnt port forward port 63392 (as seen on screenshot in first post) correctly on your router. The router needs to redirect traffic from the outside on port 63392 to your computer on the inside (192.168.1.239 in your case). Its often called NAT..

[does a quick google images search]

Yes... Here; http://www.bug.hr/_cache/4af55d651bfd265d12f91bcd7f589764.jpg
No i used port 63399, and i already have enabled NAT and portforwarded the port 63399. Have already done that on picture. But master server is still the problem.
There is nothing wrong with the master server, it's your computer and/or your router which prevents communication.

If you do a portcan http://www.t1shopper.com/tools/port-scan/ on port 63399 it will say it's closed. (And thats wrong). If it says its open then you configured Dcon or your Windows firewall incorrectly.
Went back to 63392 and it doesnt shows. I updated all in my router options to 63392 but again the same.
Scanning ports on 192.168.1.239

The host name or IP address you entered "192.168.1.239" is not publicly routable on the Internet.
Please enter either a hostname that resolves to a publicly routable IP address or an IPv4 publicly routable IP address.
93.136.108.84 is responding on port 63392 Only works when i enter the ip which i found on google.
If I try the 93 number, it isnt responding. You must not find IP addresses on Google, your public IP gets automatically detected and filled out by this website. Only thing you need to do is provide the port number(s) you would like to check.
I really dont know why it doesnt works!! I wish there is a way. I tried everything. It just isnt visible on master server Frown
Attached images
adf.jpg
dff.jpg
fgtfh.jpg
Are you sure 192.168.1.239 is correct? I dont see a screenshot of CMD -> ipconfig. Also outbound firewall rules are missing.

Last but not least.. Are you sure the server isnt mentioned? Empty servers are not shown unless you set show empty servers to yes.

(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG