The online racing simulator
Anyway I could drive the LX8 GTR?
(46 posts, closed, started )
#1 - BIzO
All in the title!

I heard about that LX8 GTR and wanted to take a test drive of it (even if I read it was undriveable)
I've been searching on the internet but I never found a download of the 0.5F (only dead links)

So if anyone still have it, I'd love you for posting (or sending) a link! Smile

Thanks!
there is one in the make for Assetto Corsa funny enough
#3 - BIzO
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :there is one in the make for Assetto Corsa funny enough

But I don't play to Assetto Corsa Big grin
It never got released. If I remember well it was even before the latest physic update where FWD car were touchy to control and the LF6 was already a beast. I dont expect it before S3 and new tyre physic, and chances we never drive it!
Are you sure about that? Wink

What I did here was illegal by the way. But it didnt take me long to get this working.
Attached images
lfs_s2_05f.jpg
lfs_lx8.jpg

Wink
#7 - BIzO
Quote from cargame.nl :Are you sure about that? Wink

What I did here was illegal by the way. But it didnt take me long to get this working.

Quote from DANIEL-CRO :

Wink

Does any of you still got it ? I'd love to test it Big grin, if you could send a PM.. Cool
Tyre physics have changed a lot since then.
#9 - BeNoM
If you still have 0.5f can I also have it? PM me. Thanks
Quote from cargame.nl :Are you sure about that? Wink

Not sure about anything now.
Next time I might prefer to shut up...
Nah it's OK, relax... Have some cheese Big grin
Was it directly available in 0.5f or kind of hidden? I might have it on an old save... Anyway I dont mind. I will get some cheese for lunch at the "feria du jambon" B-)
IIRC it was a leaked version Scawen sent to the beta testers. Nobody should know that this car has ever existed.
Quote from Whiskey :IIRC it was a leaked version Scawen sent to the beta testers. Nobody should know that this car has ever existed.

a quote showing we knew it was planned:
Quote from the past :
added thu, Jun. 2nd, 2005 17:00
>Progress report
>The LX8 traded for the UF GTR
>New screenshots

Hi everyone,

Here's a bit of news from us, informing you that we have had a small change of plans, trading the LX8 for the UF GTR. For the reason why and for more information on the progress of S2, you can read the June progress report.

Additionally we have uploaded several new screenshots of the updated track Kyoto Ring. You can find them in the screenshots section.

It's possible to "replicate" the LX8 with a tweak on 0.6G, and those results are actually surprisingly quite good, too.

Yet it's far more exciting having a 6 litre V12 and R3 slicks Smile
599xx ftw ? Big grin
Quote from Flotch :
a quote showing we knew it was planned:

Oh, I've never saw that piece of news, thank you.
same issue as with the VW : the devs talk about => everybody thinks it is a contract => for any reasons, devs make a step behind and change plans => then the mob is going mad Big grin
But for sure, now a LX8 would be amazing. A small constant downforce, a mighty engine and its small weight : our current GTR would suffer on some tracks Big grin Thumbs up
Quote from Flotch :same issue as with the VW : the devs talk about => everybody thinks it is a contract => for any reasons, devs make a step behind and change plans => then the mob is going mad Big grin
But for sure, now a LX8 would be amazing. A small constant downforce, a mighty engine and its small weight : our current GTR would suffer on some tracks Big grin Thumbs up

this guy made this mod

http://zahartof-mods.omgforum.net/t52-lx6-gtr-lx8

Is very nice, Scawen, ask him that model, add some downforce like the FBM(with adjustable wings) and put inside a 3.6 v8 , and release it for demo(i'm joking hahaha :P ).
If anyone still wants this just message me Big grin
-
(MadCatX) DELETED by MadCatX : oops
Quote from Flotch :But for sure, now a LX8 would be amazing. A small constant downforce, a mighty engine and its small weight

Unless you add wings the lx8 should have lots of aero lift on front axle

(The ac version is going well. The last stage has taken more time than I assumed but I'd be surprised if it isn't out before end of may)
Attached images
Caterham aero art 1 copy.jpg
Caterham aero art 2 copy.jpg
Caterham aero art 3 copy.jpg
offtopic: minimap in 0.5F looks cool, why do we have ugly one now? Big grin
Quote from Hyperactive :Unless you add wings the lx8 should have lots of aero lift on front axle

not a problem, let's put a front wing and the problem is solved Na-na
You know, it was the LX4 that made me go out and get a license in the first place, but I have to ask; Why are people interested in the LX8? No one even uses the 6 or the 4.
An LX8 would be nice, but what would it compete with? If you could control it, it would dominate the road cars and unless they put all sorts of spoilers on it and really beef up the motor, I don't see it doing so good against the GTR cars. It would have to be done like the MRT or the little Beemer. I don't remember what it's called.
Races where that car is the only one allowed in a race.... unless of course they put out more V8 models - or higher performing road cars than the current batch.
Even though I like the thought of an LX8, I can understand why they put it on a shelf. I never got to play with it, but I never heard much good about it from those that did. If they do bring out that car, It would be nice if it had velocity stacks sticking up out of the hood. Something that compliments the street rod Aesthetic this car has oozing all over.
This LX8 will compete in the upcoming GTX class (~GT3) Tongue that will include cars like a 458 GT3 or a gallardo GT3 Petals ... or GT4

am I dreaming a bit too much Fap ?
This thread is closed

(46 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG