The online racing simulator
New Westhill DCon - 0.6G19
(43 posts, closed, started )
0.6G19 New Westhill DCon
Dear Hosters,

Here is the Dedicated Host for the new Westhill environment which we plan to release today.

EDIT: updated to 0.6G15
FIX: InSim IS_REO packet was ignored if more than 32 players

EDIT2: updated to 0.6G16
ISP_NCI packet added to give host more info about new guest

EDIT3: updated to 0.6G17 - new incompatible version
New Westhill track update with various fixes
New concrete objects Wedge and Short Slab Wall
Maximum autocross objects increased to 1800

EDIT4: updated to 0.6G18
Because there was a bug in the client version
Not really necessary to update from G17 to G18

EDIT5: updated to 0.6G19
Updates in the client version
Not really necessary to update from G18 to G19

https://www.lfs.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_S2_DCON_6G19.zip
Quote :IS_REO and IS_NLP increased in size to allow 40 drivers

:love:
+10 ! Smile waiting the content thanks devs good job we waiting much time for this Smile
Woop. Cheers.
Please note that this version is not compatible with the current (test) patch (G/G3, respectively). Players will not be able to connect to this DCon until the client is released.

Edit: Scawen, I hate to ask but do you have any rough estimate on when the minor (not test) version will be out? Since this patch is incompatible with the "stable" version host admins need to think twice about updating.
Downloaded. Im now configuring a new CESAV server.

Nice job Scavier

Edit: Server "CESAV.es Test Patch" up and running ( without quotes )
Quote from felplacerad :Scawen, I hate to ask but do you have any rough estimate on when the minor (not test) version will be out? Since this patch is incompatible with the "stable" version host admins need to think twice about updating.

If not too many problems are found we hope to release before Easter (the full official version).
Nicely done Scawen! Cheers!
How to make rotate tracks with airio work on new westhill?

Seems airio doesn't work anymore.

But maybe someone has answer
It would be a simple fix anyway, probably doesn't run because the new version number is 6 instead of 5. That's because of two changed packets, changed in size.

By the way I noticed a bug with the REO (reorder) packet. LFS ignores it is more than 32 in the packet. Will fix in next version.
Looks like LFSW should be updated now too...
It says International instead of National, and for other tracks nothing.
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Looks like LFSW should be updated now too...
It says International instead of National, and for other tracks nothing.

We are cheaters now Smile
#14 - pmw
Why XRG/RB4/XRT/FXO/RAC/FZ5 are disabled on WE4 (gokart track)?
I understand formulas, but especially XRG, it's really great on tight track like that. And no problem with TBOs either.

Why are cars even disabled by the game, you can drive rallycross with formula, but not drive XRG on gokart track?
Quote from Scawen : probably doesn't run because the new version number is 6 instead of 5. That's because of two changed packets, changed in size.

It does run, but not with full functionality. I doubt it will ever be because pth files are missing. Out of curiosity, LFS doesn't use these pth files anymore? What file(s) are generating the AI racing line now?
Quote from pmw :Why XRG/RB4/XRT/FXO/RAC/FZ5 are disabled on WE4 (gokart track)?
I understand formulas, but especially XRG, it's really great on tight track like that. And no problem with TBOs either.

Why are cars even disabled by the game, you can drive rallycross with formula, but not drive XRG on gokart track?

I believe the larger cars are disabled because they'd spawn on top of each other when drivers exit the pits. When that happens, there's some nasty business that happens.

@cargame: I'm not sure it's fully back yet, but on my Airio, I manually added the new WE configs to my Airio.tcd.txt file, and when i do !node on WE2 and WE4 (the two I tested) I got sensible nodes, I'm not sure where it would pull from otherwise, unless it just reports to you what it sees in an NLP
It doesn't know track limits, what is track and what is not. That info normally is pulled from .pth , thats how all custom layouts are working also. But I get the feeling this whole pth system gets phased out anyway, so I was just wondering how LFS is determining whats track and what is ground now.
Quick question:
I have 3 potential newcomers and want to invite them via a demo-setup (to get them hooked for S2).
Is it wise to have them install 6G + 6G14 (as a demo-user) while I run the LFS_S2_DCON_6G14 (in demo-mode)?
(I don't plan to run Airio for this particular event)
Quote from pmw :Why XRG/RB4/XRT/FXO/RAC/FZ5 are disabled on WE4 (gokart track)?

As Dekojester says, it it because of car size, spawning with intersection on the grid or 'pit start' points.

If you want to use big cars there, you can use an open config like WE1X and you can make a layout with a custom grid, with spacing suitable for bugger cars, on the karting track.

Quote from cargame.nl :
Quote from Scawen : probably doesn't run because the new version number is 6 instead of 5. That's because of two changed packets, changed in size.

It does run, but not with full functionality. I doubt it will ever be because pth files are missing. Out of curiosity, LFS doesn't use these pth files anymore? What file(s) are generating the AI racing line now?

The paths are stored in the actual track files. They always have been but there were some pit lane paths we released to allow AI to enter the pits. The other paths we do release are for the track selection screen, so they can show the paths before the track is loaded. They are in the smx folder. I think they are the paths you need, but let me know if there's something else you need.

Quote from cargame.nl :It doesn't know track limits, what is track and what is not. That info normally is pulled from .pth , thats how all custom layouts are working also. But I get the feeling this whole pth system gets phased out anyway, so I was just wondering how LFS is determining whats track and what is ground now.

The paths are used internally for:

AI route (closed configs)
Optimiser (hidden object removal)
Sound data (echos)
Lightmap (shadows on cars)
Wrong way / race positions detection (closed configs)
Quote from Ingolf :Quick question:
I have 3 potential newcomers and want to invite them via a demo-setup (to get them hooked for S2).
Is it wise to have them install 6G + 6G14 (as a demo-user) while I run the LFS_S2_DCON_6G14 (in demo-mode)?
(I don't plan to run Airio for this particular event)

I think that is fine, it seems very stable. But they won't get much benefit from the G14 updates.

The only problem is the extra installation step and also that there will probably be an update in a day or two. Although we want the whole thing out by Easter so just as long as they know they will have to update again in a few days then it should be OK.
Thanks Scawen,
I see what you mean, was thinking the same. Will run the 6G for now.

Btw, thanks for all the work. Looking forward to coming updates. With AC and pCars (and rF2) coming up (sorry for swearing in church), I think (and hope) LFS will do good on the wave of general increase in online-racing. LFS with its powerful netcode and customization options will prosper!
I have updated the DCon download to version 0.6G15

FIX: InSim IS_REO packet was ignored if more than 32 players
Is it me or are we stuck with the same weather again? Has been sunny all day.
I think it is still random if you don't specify /weather

I guess it only changes when you load another track...
Ah.. Yeah of course.. Its Westhill environment all the time now.
This thread is closed

New Westhill DCon - 0.6G19
(43 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG