The online racing simulator
Oh Canada!
(9 posts, started )
Oh Canada!
A couple of weeks ago, we went on a vacation. My wife and I went on a seven day cruise in the western Carribean. Did all kinds of cool stuff. Saw Mayan Ruins... Zip lining in a rain forest... snorkeling.
Saw McAffee's House in Belize. YOu'd think he's a had a real nice place. I've been in crack houses that were nicer.
Anyways this boat was full of Canadians. From BC to NB. People from all over Canada. On the ship, we tended to hang out in the Cigar lounge. That's where I got to meet a lot of Canadians. You people are crazy!
Glad to see y'all ain't all like Dawes. Wink
I met an older couple from Quebec. The dude's French Canadian of Irish Descent... and turned me on to an Italian beer. But these two girls from British Columbia.... Man. One of them ripped my shirt open and she would take selfies... Weird selfies. You know how women tend to go into the restroom as a group?
She waited til one girl was in a stall doing her thing and she'd run in and jump in their lap for the photo. You only saw their heads. The look of the girl going to the bathroom was priceless

There was a nightclub looking lounge right next to the cigar lounge in the ship. We were louder and rowdier than those people. And I don't think they liked it much. The people were always lowering their eyebrows at us when we left the lounge and cut through their area. Anyways, the Canadians made that vacation.
jealous.
Glad we could help.

I'm surprised the girls from BC had that much energy though :P
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Glad we could help.

I'm surprised the girls from BC had that much energy though :P

I can see why they use alcohol in rocket fuel....
Usually all the weed mellows them out though.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Usually all the weed mellows them out though.

We were on a boat....They kinda frown on that.
LOL So was that it? Weed withdrawals? Made them bounce around like that?
I learned something interesting about the French language from the couple from Quebec.
Most of the US, myself included, didn't realize that the french speaking population was more than just Quebec. LOL How come we don't hear about the Manitoban separatists?
I had been taught to believe that the French Canadians and the Cajuns spoke the same Acadian French. They don't.
Apparently the French in Novia Scotia speak more like Cajuns than anyone else and those dialects are still very different.
And then the woman told me in France (she used to work there), they started doing like what we do to the English language and are Bastardizing it.
Yep. Fun facts about France from Canadians drinking Italian beer while in the Carribbean. God I love boat rides.
The french speaking population is by far mostly in Quebec, and some bleed into the maritime provinces... Newfoundland, Nova Scotia sure - but those dudes don't speak either English NOR French recognizably Razz

Separatists Manitoba? Probably don't hear about it because it's insignificant.. And yes, anyone from France would scoff at what Quebec has done to the language... That and the fact that everyone I've ever dealt with from Quebec is either a wonderful human being who would give you the shirt off their back, or a complete scumbag who lowers the bar and redefines scumbaggery.
If you'd been cuked up indoors for 3 months because its -20 outside you'd be bursting to let loose too. It doesnt suprise me at all, sounds like you had a good time.
Quote from anttt69 :If you'd been cuked up indoors for 3 months because its -20 outside you'd be bursting to let loose too. It doesnt suprise me at all, sounds like you had a good time.

I guess I'm lucky that way. The cruise terminal is only about 10 miles from the house. Most people that take cruises also have to get airfare. I think that's what makes it so expensive. For us, with my wife scanning online sites, the price is a lot cheaper than road trips or anything involving an airplane.

I learned how to do something on that cruise from one of the other passengers that I plan on doing in the next couple of weeks.... Make Pastrami.

Oh Canada!
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG