The online racing simulator
Questions about using a Logitech Driving Force GT
Just discovered Live for Speed after buying a used (but mint condition) Driving Force GT in a Goodwill Store. I'm a rank beginner at this so trying to learn.

I'm using the paddle shifters behind the steering wheel to shift but does anyone know if the actual shift lever will work? I can't find a way to designate it to shift gears.

And this is more of a minor thing, but why can't the horn button be used to blow the horn. Seems like any button can be used EXCEPT the horn button.

Does someone who uses a DF GT have the answers? I guess it's possible the shifter and horn button don't work but I can hear the switches clicking on the shift lever.

Thanks,
Steve
#2 - Racon
The shifter (and also the little red dial) won't work when connected to a PC, unfortunately, only when connected to a PS3. The horn works fine here, though.
Thanks Racon. Maybe my horn button just doesn't work, this was a resale shop find. I took a chance on it (got it cheap) and I'm glad it works at all.
Thats not true. The shifter always worked like a charm for me, also 'the little red dial'. It still does by the way, I stick with the same model of wheel for years now. It has full compatibility with a computer. Try reinstalling Logitech Profiler/drivers.

Also the horn button is fully functional (I think you mean the extra large one in the middle with the lighted logo on it).
#5 - Racon
Oh. I read that in more than one place on the net when I first got my wheel, and found it to be true in my case. I've got the latest drivers and profiler from the Logitech site (updated again recently after an unrelated issue). Apologies Ettienne, if I've steered you wrong.
Okay thanks guys, appreciate the replies from both of you. Need all the help I can get. I'll check for latest drivers and try again when I have the time.

And yes, I meant the center button with the logo when referring to the horn button.
If you check your game controller settings in Windows, do the shifter buttons get registered? If yes LFS should pick it up.
All of the buttons on the DFGT work with LFS or at least they should. I've never had a problem with mine.
Hi, I'm back. Have time to work on this tonight.

Is Logitech profiler 5.10.127 dated 6/14/10 the latest version?

I'm running LFS on an ASUS laptop, i3 2330M @ 2.20 ghz, windows 7 64 bit with 4 GB Ram.

Keling, I don't get anything useful on Game Controller settings in Windows. It just says status OK and it often locks up if I click Advanced or Properties. Doesn't give me a button/controls screen to work with. Both Logitech Profiler and Options/Controls within the game do not give me a horn button nor an ability to use the shifter.

Sometimes the game locks up and every time I try to exit the game I am required to use Task Manager to escape as it locks up on exit. Any thoughts on that matter?

Any help from anyone is greatly appreciated.

Steve
I could try and help you with your issue over teamviewer if you'd like? If so, drop me a PM.
Quote from mbutcher :I could try and help you with your issue over teamviewer if you'd like? If so, drop me a PM.

PM sent.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG