The online racing simulator
this game is unattractive for potential buyers
LFS has been lacking of real progress and new features for years now, I don't see why the potential buyers would choose LFS over new sims like Assetto Corsa or Upcoming project cars etc.
Yeah, why pick LFS when you can get a game that's been on preorder forever or a "racing sim" which doesn't have flags, pitstops or anything useful for actual racing.
Quote from tom0900060 :LFS has been lacking of real progress and new features for years now, I don't see why the potential buyers would choose LFS over new sims like Assetto Corsa or Upcoming project cars etc.

Actually, your completely correct. AC, which I use, is graphically far better, physics wise it's almost as good, online, hmmm, yes it does that, Occ Rift, who can afford to buy a new one every 6 months till something actually works Smile

LFS is like RSRBR, it may not be the prettiest, but it certainly performs in the area's that actually matter if you want the best.

The community is insane, the Dev's care, there is a huge possibility here that we all want to see happen.

Or it all turns to custard, who knows...........
Its like love at the first sight, first people attractive with a graphics, lfs needs update the graphics and optimize... nice graphics but keep low resources.
Another option maybe allowed track mods...maybe, additional downloaded track who maintain by community. like official repository for tracks or cars with rules...like standard quality of the track and car, dimension, specification each class, etc.
And Steam. Not many people even know LFS exists.
And then what? We get another 5 trillion topics abouts whats missing, should be different, stuff about cars and blabla? Would expect we are past that stage after six years now.

Like Steam is going to speed up development.

Unbelievable how repetitive people can be. I think the same topics appear here in 2020.
Quote from cargame.nl :Unbelievable how repetitive people can be.

Imagine having been around since late 2002.
i think to gain more user, nice graphics and smooth polygon car is important. well, nobody look into a girl personality for the first time...people look at face and apperance. isnt something who missed in lfs, developer know but ignore it.
you know what the biggest barrier i faced when trying to get people to play LFS... no real cars/tracks, not graphics, sounds etc etc it was purely cars and tracks..
That's right, R3DMAN. Some time ago I mentioned about LFS on a polish simracing forum, that it's still great etc, the first user's response was (original in polish):

Quote :No wczoraj włączyłem i mnie porwała. Różne trasy i pojazdy w bardzo łdnej grafice oczywiście w opcjach " ultra" Obraz rzuciłem projektorem na ścianę w 3D usiałem przed 120" obrazem zaledwie 2m od obrazu i efekt było niesamowity. Głośniki ładowały dźwiękiem aż jeździć się chciało do rana.

Which is:

Quote :Yup I ran it yesterday and it charmed me. Various tracks and cars in a beautiful scenery, of course everything at "ultra". I cast the 120" 3D screen on the wall with a projector, sat 2m in front and the effect was insane. Speakers wre throwing a sound that you wanted to drive all night.

Agree with him? In the ironic way he wrote that? Smile
How about that Rally Pack Smile
where can I buy this ? Big grin
People will always complain. Frankly, I don't care how many people love this game. I love it, and have since I first played many years ago. Progress or not, I still choose this over any other racing sim.

Keep up the good work devs. This IS the best racing sim out there.
As much as I want updates.. Nothing touches LFS to me. I will continue my drifting/cruise servers/racing as I do now update or not..

Look how many times ive posted since joining in 04...
#18 - col
Quote from R3DMAN :you know what the biggest barrier i faced when trying to get people to play LFS... no real cars/tracks, not graphics, sounds etc etc it was purely cars and tracks..

So they really want to _pretend_ they are driving some real world car on some real world track. Which means that maybe LFS is not the game for them.

LFS is a racing simulation, not a role playing game. It's about real sim racing, not pretend real world racing.
There is a huge market for racing/driving RPGs, and competition is fierce, if LFS tried to go that way, it would be dead in the water. The demand for racing simulations is much smaller, so big publishers stay out and there is market space for projects like LFS to exist and survive.
#19 - BIzO
LFS is a simulation
If people want to have real cars & tracks, then LFS is not made for them
Even if the graphics aren't "beautiful", it's just amazing what we can do in it, it's the only game that I played for 12 years without being "really" bored
The community of LFS is very huge and kind (with exceptions, like all games) and that's why I think it's a great game
Many people wouldnt be playing lfs now if the graphics would better, then the game would be more exspensive. And this type of standard graphics, amazing physics makes lfs special, its not preppy its just normal and thats best!! Its not like other simulators that has real car designs and cockpits and that "rich" graphics and physics like iracing or asseto corsa. I bet you who complain think thats more fun on lfs if you compare asseto corsa and iracing or other sims. i have my lfs and i wouldnt trade her for any game, cuz its so much funn!!!

+ this game has so much experience and races trough years, and has something special inside, so many racing tips, buddies
maded over years. I dont see any reason why somebody should quit playing Big grin
how about community based graphics mod who approved by developer and stored in official lfs repository. i mean like ubuntu and linux mint, where ubuntu=original lfs and linux mint=community addons that developer approved. no? Big grin
agree
Quote from Tomislav531 :Many people wouldnt be playing lfs now if the graphics would better, then the game would be more exspensive.

LFS is a shining beacon of the exact opposite attitude to monetising - you pay for content packs (cars and tracks), while endless work in updating and improving the base system are free.
Quote from tom0900060 :LFS has been lacking of real progress and new features for years now, I don't see why the potential buyers would choose LFS over new sims like Assetto Corsa or Upcoming project cars etc.

I was thinking what would be a great new thing in LFS that would attract new people. Why wouldn't LFS become something like lol in terms of:
  • New graphical interface - Big lovely welcome screen with music and animation playing in background and log-in window.
  • LFS store - Instead of having two basic licences to buy, start off with one car only and add option to buy new cars, tracks, setups, skins with either real money or racing points.
  • New scoring system - like chess.com has. Everyone starts off with basic score, let's say 1000. Depending on whether you win or loose, your score goes up and down. You're always teemed up with players that share similar overall score (+-200). That would also prevent mixing tops with less experienced players. Also, in your overall score goes not only wins but how well you drive. How much you deviate from racing live, how often you crash, how consistent you are in racing, how safe you drive, etc.
  • New multiplayer system - similar to lol, but with cars and tracks instead of champions.
That would I think bring LFS on a higher level.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG