The online racing simulator
...Really?
(20 posts, started )
...Really?
Yeah, the other day I was watching CNN and it's coverage of the Ferguson riots. That got boring, so I watched a hockey game. Yeah, the irony...
After the game I switched back to CNN to see if any more buildings burned down or if the rioters actually went after the people that set them off instead of the innocent bystanders.
Anyways, The idiots at CNN were talking about how this event was viewed by the rest of the world (like who really cares - right?) and they were showing footage in London of...Ferguson protesters. Yeah these pin heads were facing off with the UKPD and saying "Hands up. Don't Shoot"... to London cops. London Cops?
So I got to wondering.... Exactly, How many unarmed African American males have been shot by London police?

Hands up don't shoot to London cops lololol
Are you sure you are American? You seem too smart.
#3 - amp88
Clearly the UK doesn't have the same scale of problems in terms of shooting unarmed civilians as the US does. However, we do still have a culture of institutional racism in our police force and some areas of society. Something which may be worth reading up on is the death of Jean Charles de Menezes. He wasn't a black man, but there are certain parallels to the death of Michael Brown.
-
(flymike91) DELETED by Scawen : Not a good post. False use of the word "mainly" makes post look like racism
Quote from cargame.nl :Are you sure you are American? You seem too smart.

Have you seen his other posts? I'm sure you'd change your tune.

As for how many black people shot in London by police, probably very few considering their training isn't to unload a firearm at a moments notice.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :
Quote from cargame.nl :Are you sure you are American? You seem too smart.

Have you seen his other posts? I'm sure you'd change your tune.

As for how many black people shot in London by police, probably very few considering their training isn't to unload a firearm at a moments notice.

You are obviously confusing him with Racer X NZ. He's a different flavor of looney toon.

Racism

I find an American exceptionally smart when he finally notices american television is crap and manipulated, so agree with cargame.nl!
Well... He is a bit slow with telling the clue but... Regular London cops don't carry guns to begin with (:
It is so crazy to see. I think white people get discriminated more. And i am black. I can say this you cabt then it would be racism. You must say that i am dark.

Here in mauritania africa we dont have christians and their churches not allowed by government. We hear in europe every religion is possible.. it is unthinkable here to accept the white religions..

The more you repeat something.. eventually many weak hearthed people will believe it..

'Ncoma
Yeah I dated an Afro American girl and I got banned here on lfsforum because of racism (I said the Spanish word for black), it's quite mental... But anyway, I don't care that much... People who start to judge people wrong have issues with themselves. There is a big debate going on the last weeks here as well about black Pete festival. It's crazy.. 90 arrests due to protests, at a kids party.

I am fed up with that discrimination blabla. Just ignoring the news mostly.
Quote from jjetser :It is so crazy to see. I think white people get discriminated more. And i am black. I can say this you cabt then it would be racism. You must say that i am dark.

Here in mauritania africa we dont have christians and their churches not allowed by government. We hear in europe every religion is possible.. it is unthinkable here to accept the white religions..

The more you repeat something.. eventually many weak hearthed people will believe it..

'Ncoma

UN seems to think Mauritania is pretty racist towards blacks http://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2013/sep/12/black-mauritania-slavery-un
Ah.... wouldn't they be African-British in London rather than African-American?
Quote from mrodgers :Ah.... wouldn't they be African-British in London rather than African-American?

Realistically, wouldn't they simply be "British"? Why does "Black" === "African"? African American isn't really accurate, it's just people being hesitant of calling someone "Black".
Quote from dawesdust_12 :
Quote from mrodgers :Ah.... wouldn't they be African-British in London rather than African-American?

Realistically, wouldn't they simply be "British"? Why does "Black" === "African"? African American isn't really accurate, it's just people being hesitant of calling someone "Black".

Uhhh.... the term "African American" was coined by ..."Black Americans" as a way to identify themselves with a nice ethnic twang, Like Japanese-American, Italian-American. Not people hesitant to use the word Black. To be honest it's a complicated bunch of nonsense. Obama is referred as the first Black President. Not the first African-American President. We have Black people., Not African American people. We have African-American institutions and events. Not Black institutions and events. Does that make any sense? No. Of course not. But that's how it works.

Racism... We're a multi racial family of racists. We hate you all. Especially if you're a family member.

Uh the real reason for the thread was pointing out that UK police don't usually carry guns (I'll NEVER understand any of that but that's y'all's thing) And the protesters were yelling to them not to shoot. And even though they may have been using the Brown case as a spring board to bring to light their own police/minority problems, I just couldn't get over the complete irony of it.

As far as the police problem (?) here? It depends where you live. It depends on the police department.
You have a neighborhood full of bad asses and a police department full of hot heads, you're going to see a lot more violence with cops than in some lily white cul de sac with a private security service.
The media here manipulates this to no end. If you pay attention, they report things and have these certain words and phrases used and spoken in a certain tone. They also gloss over key facts and highlight other elements and that totally misleads the viewer/reader. We've had unarmed white folks getting shot, tased and beat on. If anything, these incidents get about five minutes of airtime in comparison.
I am not technically racist. But seems the world itself requires to have grey people to this world.

But also, our country is getting claimed by non-finnish people. War will be started in here anytime, which will be increased by anger, pain, rage and everything negative effects added in one.

We are not the only one though. Religion, Opinions, Fights, Justice and everything is mixed up by 7 billion people.

We will get destroyed by our own hands anyway, and there is no one enough powerful to affect the things how they should go.

_____

But back to on-topic. I assume USA is pretty dangerous to live in random streets. Never able to "fine-tune" your solving problems in right way, though I admit that one shooting was a bit overreacted, but what you gonna do, if people like him have to fear every time for it's life...

Stop playing with weapons, or take a hike!
Quote from Racer Y :Yeah, the other day I was watching CNN and it's coverage of the Ferguson riots. That got boring...

Quote from jjetser :

Racism

I find an American exceptionally smart when he finally notices american television is crap and manipulated, so agree with cargame.nl!

False equivalence. Stories like this are trotted out by white supremacists and racism-deniers alike as a means to silence discussions on privilege, racial power dynamics, and abuses of police power.

Yes, it's sad Lion (and I'm sure many like him before and since) was killed, but there's a big difference between a robber shooting someone and a police officer (or in the case of Martin's killer, a neighborhood watchman) doing the same. Should we not hold the latter to a higher standard of conduct?

More details here:
"It is true that the Marley Lion case received little news coverage outside the Charleston area, but the comparison to the Trayvon Martin case is something of a false equivalency. In the Trayvon Martin case, there was never any doubt as to the identity of his killer (George Zimmerman), yet several weeks elapsed before the shooter was charged with a crime and taken into custody — a fact which created controversy and fostered the public perception (correct or not) that the case would never have been adjudicated had it not been widely publicized in the media, and that the race of the victim was a significant issue in the decision about whether to prosecute the shooter (as well as an element of the crime itself). In the
Marley Lion case, the identity of the killer(s) was initially unknown until likely suspects were determined through police investigation; once those suspects were identified, they were promptly arrested and charged with a multiplicity of crimes, hence Lion's murder was never associated with a public perception of "justice denied" or the suggestion that his race was an element of either the commission or prosecution of his killing.
(Source: http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/marleylion.asp)
Quote from Forbin :
Quote from Racer Y :Yeah, the other day I was watching CNN and it's coverage of the Ferguson riots. That got boring...

Racism

False equivalence. Stories like this are trotted out by white supremacists and racism-deniers alike as a means to silence discussions on privilege, racial power dynamics, and abuses of police power.

Yes, it's sad Lion (and I'm sure many like him before and since) was killed, but there's a big difference between a robber shooting someone and a police officer (or in the case of Martin's killer, a neighborhood watchman) doing the same. Should we not hold the latter to a higher standard of conduct?

More details here:
"It is true that the Marley Lion case received little news coverage outside the Charleston area, but the comparison to the Trayvon Martin case is something of a false equivalency. In the Trayvon Martin case, there was never any doubt as to the identity of his killer (George Zimmerman), yet several weeks elapsed before the shooter was charged with a crime and taken into custody — a fact which created controversy and fostered the public perception (correct or not) that the case would never have been adjudicated had it not been widely publicized in the media, and that the race of the victim was a significant issue in the decision about whether to prosecute the shooter (as well as an element of the crime itself). In the
Marley Lion case, the identity of the killer(s) was initially unknown until likely suspects were determined through police investigation; once those suspects were identified, they were promptly arrested and charged with a multiplicity of crimes, hence Lion's murder was never associated with a public perception of "justice denied" or the suggestion that his race was an element of either the commission or prosecution of his killing.
(Source: http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/marleylion.asp)[/quote]

The whole problem with the Martin/Zimmerman case was everyone wanted to make it a race related issue. It wasn't. It wasn't even close to being that. First off, Zimmerman wasn't exactly White. He was more like me....Sorta white. (The True MASTER RACE: THE DREADED HYBRID MONGREL MUHAHAHAH... Hmmmm An "Antique Off-White Supremacist? can I do that?)
I think this was a case of two wannabes mixing it up. Zimmerman, wanting to be a super hero and Martin wanting to be an OG. Neither one was either, but they liked to think they were. I think that Zimmerman initially started Hassling Martin. He was part of a neighborhood watch and Martin didn't look like a local.
He wasn't. He was just cutting through the neighborhood. I think Zimmerman initiated everything by trying to come off as a tough guy. Since Zimmerman wasn't any sort of cop or anything, Martin rightly decided he didn't have to take anything off of this clown. Things got heated, they got to fighting and Martin kicked Zimmerman's butt. Wolverine couldn't handle that so he whipped out his gun and blew Martin away. But all that got completely glossed over, the prosecutor was borderline incompetent and the court in general allowed the case to be transformed from a simple act of manslaughter to some media circus racial summit showdown. The reporting on the court case barely had anything to do with the real crime. Just about all the witnesses in the case, the actual case, couldn't seem to decide what it was they did or didn't see so Zimmerman walked. And again, the media completely glossed over that and kept up with the Black Vs White ratings gravytrain.

Yeah Forbin after watching a bunch of idiots babble on and on about a bunch of other idiots that were catching stuff on fire for about an hour and a half, it got boring.

And Jon Stewart is a whiner. I like how the privileged can get on their little moral soap boxes and spout off like they know what they're saying. I wonder who wrote that for him? It's almost as pathetic as the mindless herds that feed on those words as some sort of Gospel.
Johnny Stewart. The liberal equivalent to Rush Limbaugh... only a little funnier and addicted to different drugs.
Let's do some Trolling !

Here's Bill O'Reilly on the topic......
http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/dec/04/bill-oreilly/bill-oreilly-cites-faulty-data-claim-about-shootin/

O’Reilly said on his Dec. 1, 2014, Fox News program. "In the past 50 years, the rate of black Americans killed by police has dropped 70 percent. In 2012, 123 African-Americans were shot dead by police. There are currently more than 43 million blacks living in the U.S.A. Same year, 326 whites were killed by police bullets. Those are the latest stats available."
Quote from Racer X NZ :Let's do some Trolling !

Here's Bill O'Reilly on the topic......
http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/dec/04/bill-oreilly/bill-oreilly-cites-faulty-data-claim-about-shootin/

O’Reilly said on his Dec. 1, 2014, Fox News program. the rate of black Americans killed by police has dropped 70 percent. In 2012, 123 African-Americans were shot dead by police. There are currently more than 43 million blacks living in the U.S.A. Same year, 326 whites were killed by police bullets. Those are the latest stats available."

....oreilly-cites-faulty-data-claim.....
ROFL LOL that's all there is from both side of the issue. Faulty data and they run with it. Faulty data makes for better news stories which means more viewers which means advertiser money. And that's what counts in journalism. Not unbiased reporting. Not objectivity. Nope. None of that. Selling advertising.
Fox news and MSNBC are masters at misleading. What they'll do to slant a story is almost criminal.
Please don't ask for an example. There's so many out there, it would take a week to decide which one to use.

wait.... From your very own post... BTW "FOX" is the right wing liars and MSNBC is the left wing liars.
"the rate of black Americans killed by police... (read above)... In 2012, 123 African-Americans were shot dead by police. There are currently more than 43 million blacks living in the U.S.A. Same year, 326 whites were killed by police bullets. Those are the latest stats available."....
latest stats. Really? This is the US of Freaking A we're talking about here. We have all KINDS of stats.
Like what about the number of UNARMED people shot. People shot while already under arrest? What is the ratio there? You can google that if you want. It's out there somewhere. Only you won't sell much advertising space using those stats while trying to pander to a right-wing audience.
Which is also why MSNBC glosses over the initial actions that lead to the un-armed person being shot.
Tree hugging gun grabbers tend to tune out when the forces of law and order are actually right for a change.
Quote from Racer X NZ :Let's do some Trolling !

Like, even in Hobbiton we haven't heard of Bill O'Reilly or Fox ?

...Really?
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG