The online racing simulator
Formula 1 Season 2014 II
(81 posts, started )
Formula 1 Season 2014 II
yes
Yep, a new thread just for the last race. Well, we know how it is.
-
(Töki (HUN)) DELETED by Töki (HUN)
#3 - amp88
I'm slightly torn at this last race. On the one hand I'd prefer if Hamilton didn't win the title. On the other I don't want Rosberg to benefit from double points.
-
-
(Beta tester (S3)) DELETED by Flame CZE : nudity / offensive
#4 - amp88
Quote from Töki (HUN) :
Quote from amp88 :I'm slightly torn at this last race. On the one hand I'd prefer if Hamilton didn't win the title. On the other I don't want Rosberg to benefit from double points.

Hamilton must win this. I don't want Rosberg to be a champion.

If your objection to Rosberg is because you think he cheated at Monaco in quali this year, you have to remember that Hamilton also tried to cheat on at least one occasion (Australia 2009, video).
#5 - CSF
-
Taking a line that both drivers have been out of line at times, Lewis has shown a superior wheel to wheel ability and on more than one occasion cause Nico into driver errors that could have sent him out of the race. For me there is no doubt that Lewis is a better RACER and that is the whole point for me. I hope he blow's Nico's wheels off, just not the actual wheels.
#7 - amp88
I think part of the 'problem' Rosberg has is that he doesn't feel comfortable being as aggressive as Hamilton does. Hamilton seems to be able to exist on a level where he's pushing 10/10 for lap after lap whereas Rosberg doesn't seem able to do that. Of course, Hamilton does occasionally make some errors (including quite serious ones) with this style. He's had a significant number of off-track excursions and spins in the last few races and qualifying sessions (e.g. Brazil, where it probably cost him the win, and Suzuka (off track 3 times between quali and the race)).
-
(rockandroll124) DELETED by Flame CZE : off-topic
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by Flame CZE : off-topic
I wish Lewis could curb his excesses as you are right it cost him a win and I do not even think it is just possibly. The championship has been his to lose for a few races now with Nico running the gamblers long odds game. Smart beats talented on most occasions. Fingers crossed that he just gets his head right and drives for second place. Nothing Nico the mechanic can do about that.
I don't like Lewis as much as Nico, but he's clearly been the faster driver for most of this season. Maybe not as consistent, but he's shown more drive to win. I'd be disappointed if he didn't win the title.
If Hamilton does not win due to the double points then there will be an uproar...but farcical things happen eh?
#11 - CSF
Alonso's dismissal confirmed. "Mutual consent" lol
I doubt Fernando was dismissed as he is too smart with a top line manager so there would have been a clause to punish Ferrari if they did that. It seems that they both realised that his motivation was lowered by their inability to provide a decently competitive car, or the promise that one would be available next year brought them to a joint decision. Vettel being available would have sweetened the situation for the red team but that is as far as evidence supports. Allowing for the entry of Honda as an engine supplier and their ability to produce winning engines proven makes Fernando's decision easier too. I can see the Honda and Merc engines trading dominance next year so the loser will be Vettel again. Smart move 'nando..
And vettel to ferrari. Let's see if ron trololols alonso and signs button and magnussen.
Perhaps he had a dig at the back of the sofa and found a dew quid.....
Is he sponsored by Mountain Dew?
I know but the pun was too easy, sorry.
Quote from mike1158 :I know but the pun was too easy, sorry.

I got the pun, and was genuinely asking in case it was a typo
#20 - Gunn
One part of me is hoping that double points play no part in the result, and another part of me wants double points to figure in the result just so the outrage prevents Bernie from proposing such a stupid idea again. But for the drivers, I hope double points are a non-event for the decider.
I'm actually one of the few people who apparently don't hate Ecclestone right now, but the last few years he has tinkered with the formula in the most disappointing ways. It seems to me (I've been following F1 since about 1976) that Bernie has tried to implement fake 'good racing' through the use of DRS, fuel limits, tyres that wear out, double points, and to a lesser degree; ERS.

I'd rather see a change to the aero rules so that following another car closely isn't so costly, and bring back vehicles that drivers can race hard for the whole race. Fake passing aids and rules that tether the drivers have made F1 less interesting for me. Even when lots of fans were complaining about Schumi winning so much, many fans still could appreciate the spectacle from a technical point of view and enjoy watching all the drivers go as hard as their cars and skills physically allowed. Now we would never know who is fastest on any given day because all the drivers are saving fuel and tyres and worrying about being penalised for a mere racing incident.

I couldn't give a rat's arse about green motorsport, or the road car market, or the cost of participating. I just want to see the best drivers in the world wringing the neck of their machinery and pushing themselves and each other to the racing limits.

And now I'll return to the nursing home for my medication. Has any one seen my walking frame?

Oh, one more thing - go Nico!
Damn it. They shouldn't have let their cars commit that armed robbery.
Sign of the times here that nobody has posted yet.

I have the utmost respect for Nico now. I don't think I have seen such a gracious loser in a long time. Hamilton totally deserved it, and had his car suffered the failure it would have been a travesty, but Nico had a genuine shot, so you could understand some bitterness, but none of it.
Props for merc for letting their drivers race. It probably did cost them some points but at least it made total domination not look boring.
Red Bull wing design deemed deliberate:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/30167902

Quote from sinbad :Sign of the times here that nobody has posted yet.

Indeed. Most boring season I've ever seen.

Anyway, congrats to Hamilton for his second title.
Even though I believe Rosberg lost it because at some point he lost his self control and has shown some stupid behaviour, that's the game and Hamilton really deserved it.

Formula 1 Season 2014 II
(81 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG