The online racing simulator
OutGauge in BeamNG Drive
(4 posts, started )
OutGauge in BeamNG Drive
Last few days I was messing around with OutGauge and came around some problems with it, but that isn't the subject of this thread. While googling about my problems, I came around this site : http://wiki.beamng.com/OutGauge

Yeah, I know that its basically just a data structure, but somehow I don't see any credits to LFS in there (other than application name on play store), and I don't think Scawen would agree with that.
The strange thing is that OutGauge and OutSim have become pseudo-standards because LFS has had such wide support for such devices. Most of the Codie driving games support both as well for motion sim/gauge support.

It's a testament to how well Scawen designed the 2 protocols.
Still, it isn't like ISO or IEC.

For example company A make a product A1, due to popularity of A1 there are many accessories designed only for A1. After a while company B decide to make a product B1, and decide it would be the best to keep all accessories made for A1 compatible with B1, in other words copy.
Thats the exact same reason why all the big companies sue each other these days for all kinds of reasons whether it be design/protocol/connector/...

So when can we expect InSim in BeamNG? After all its just protocol

P.S. Had to use imaginary companies because Dustin
I'd say OutGauge and OutSim are not well designed, just very simple. There's no provision for extending without breaking existing implementations.

On the other hand, OutGauge does provide unused fields for temperature and oil pressure. Hopefully LFS will use them one day?

OutGauge in BeamNG Drive
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG