The online racing simulator
Rockingham Autotest & AutoSolo events
Before the Rockingham circuit releases, I think it would be great if it could be given the 'Westhill' treatment, and have some extra functionality added to it.

There is a large car-park used quite regularly for Autotest and AutoSolo events. Earlier this month it was also used for some drift cars, that were giving rides to the public.

I suppose a car park is a car park is a car park, but it would be good to have an actual real venue, with a car park that is regularly used for motorsport.
It would be differentiated from the other car parks in that it's on quite a bit of a slope, and it has interesting surroundings, with a far horizon one way, giant stands the other way, nice signage and what not.
I like the atmosphere of being at a race venue, rather than just a factory or school car park. When you're there in real life, there is usually a track day going on in the background, which gives a nice ambient noise.

And if the surface texture, with its lines and markings, were recreated somewhat accurately, you could even recreate some of the real layouts used. It's has quite a noticeable change of elevation, making attacking the various cones easier or harder, depending on which direction you're coming at them from.

I was there on Saturday when my friend won in his Honda:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwdj7JgkT6M

It was the last one of the year for this particular club, but if anyone wants to come down and see the next one in the spring, anyone is welcome through the gate to come and watch, or even participate.
Not sure about the Rockingham area but...
Quote :...and we have a really large autocross area in one of the new tracks that we plan to release with the S3 license.

from https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1863409#post1863409

Larger autocross area is something I am looking forwards too as well.
Variations in height or ground would be cool too but mainly more space would be so good..
There are many interessting looking layouts of real events to be found on internet, but some larger ones simply do not fit into the Blackwood parking lot or AU area.
I guess the Rockingham AutoTest area isn't 'really large' at all, so it must relate to somewhere else.

I suppose my real motivation is that the track is already there, and it would 'be really cool' to be able to do some AutoX stuff in LFS, and then turn up at the exact place in real life and do the same thing in your own car. You could be competitive in a car that costs less than LFS and a wheel.
Rockingham also has a few rally stages kicking around too, and the skid pan has a hydraulic kick plate which would be great to see simulated in LFS.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG