The online racing simulator
More courage with news please :)
With new page design the News-section also looks better, now all that is missing that people post there
For example leagues: Why is there almost never a note when a new season is starting? Or who won the last one?
Links/dates of livestreams? Videos? Results? Screenshots? ...?
Feel like one always have to dig that up somewhere.

All these things exist but are hidden away in the leagues subforums or on facebook pages or other sites.
In league subforum the "new posts" icon is always active (from post-here-to-sign-up threads) so it is not so easy to see if something actually interessting was posted.
So my wish would be to please use the News a bit more to make it easier to find stuff
Think of new players or more casual readers, who do not want to click through dozen different sites.

And there is option to post "General News" too.
Think that would also be great if it was used more.
For example if someone makes a nice video, why not show it in News too?
Track layouts too, of course not every "Here is my first track layout" is worth mentioning in news, but if it is a nice well-made pack then why not?
Or a thread about some Lapper-plugin, could also be interessting.
Personally I would be happy to see interessting things collected in one place like that, perhaps others too?
If you agree then say so, so that maybe league admins or video makers etc get a bit more courageous with posting

News can be posted via this page: https://www.lfs.net/news/submit
(It works basically the same as writing forum post)
nobody reads it anyway
Actually I think many would read it.
People clearly put effort into running or creating stuff, so I wonder why it is not "advertised" more, outside their own group.
German saying goes "Eine Ente wird erst im Wasser nass" which loosely translates to "To hide one's light under a bushel."
Would you rather click through whole forum or teams sites to find interessting stuff among the blabla or find it easily in one place?
I do agree, but when you consider how things are going at the moment in lfs it is already hard to keep league admins motivated to organise races, so I doubt this is the right period to request even more from them (most of us don't realise how much work it is and the little support they get to do it). Only a very few drivers are racing the leagues seriously/consistently and almost no one spend time to read the rules this days (which takes them so much time to write), those few drivers are the only reason why the admins still find some energy to organise and to maintain some kind of quality, but it is very frustrating for them when many drivers quit races and the numbers of participants drops half way through the seasons (the amount of sign ups don't even mean anything). And even if Victor give us a great league section in the forum, I don't see in what way it would improve teams and drivers motivations. The only reward league admins are looking for is to see motivated and dedicated participants, and only the addition of content will change this situation...Sadly there is not much they can do about that!

That said I can't talk for every league organisations, but I'll have a chat with GenR's members to see if someone want to dedicate some time for posting news to announce races and results (Dom has already too much to do), which are two things we don't do enough in my opinion.
The news section is well hidden now. The good part of the news always was exposure on top of the forum, because the forum is a frequently used place. Even the news section in lfs-world was ok-ish. I highly doubt that new place for news is worth any effort for leagues.
Hm yes, on top of forum was nice place actually. The calender was good too, but at least as I understood that is supposed to come back.

But now News are directly on startpage of lfs.net which is not bad either..
Regular "old" players (like all who post here) probally always go directly to the forums but those do not need to be informed so much anyway.

For new players News are still very important I think: If you are starting out and do not know anybody, how would you find info where to race?
When I look around some teams forums, I sometimes see threads where league-admins post things directly to that team. Maybe because they are friends etc.
LFS organization is very informal "word of mouth" like that sometimes, that is all nice but of course this way you only reach the same "old" drivers.
Not everyone is (yet) in a team or involved enough.

If you are posting in various places anyway, then why not in the one place where probally most people visit?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG