The online racing simulator
setup lfs on mac with wine or winebottler?
hello everybody,

since there are just a few posts of people who un lfs successfully on a mac using wine or winebottler, but no in detail setup guide i open this track to seek for any advice you fellow racers might have.

on my own computer i managed to get lfs f6 running with both, wine or winebottler, and it is running great with only some small problems. still it would be great to have an step by step userguide.

how to best setup lfs on a mac - the easy way - the best way - so the user community can grow with a lot of mac users.

- what do you think works better? directly thru wine or "wine bottled", is there a difference at all?

- which installation is better? and what winetricks should be used? what about directx?

- what about patches? i managed to setup lfs 0.6f, but not been able to patch the test patch.

- controllers? i played with keyboard/mouse and i tried a playstation2 controller with usb adapter and both worked good. have yet to try my wheel g25 and see if there is forcefeedback. seaching the net brought mixed results of success with controllers - what have you tried to get controllers and force going?

- when i run lfs the screen flickers a lot, but if i change vsync either on or off the flickering is gone. sometimes the flickering comes back when switching from and to the menues, but can be cured by switching vsync to the now opposite direction. frame rates are sky high so also many older macs have a good chance to run lfs with wine. or i can go to my exposee hot corner and back to lfs then the flickering is also gone.

- when i start lfs there are a lot of red "can not ..." messages on the loading screen. and then the driver suits do not show, but helmets are... in the cars and tracks i could not see any missing textures so i don´t know what exactly is wrong.

so if you know anything about installing, running or optimizing lfs on osx, or on linux in general please feel free to comment and add helpful hints for a great lfs racing experience for people who only have a mac to play.

thank you,

mo

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG