The online racing simulator
Help on setups with new patch.
(9 posts, started )
Being a bit of a noob (so forgive me if this is a simple one) I am wondering whether the setups from team inferno post patch, are now still vaild on the current game.....I have heard people talking about tyre pressures needing to be different.

Can somebody let me know if I should just delete the old setups from my file or if they need any tweaking?????
#2 - Jakg
all the sets on team inferno have been removed and replaced with ones for the new patch
Brilliant...thanks matey.
Speaking of tire pressures, I'll post in this thread instead of starting a new one since the above was answered now.

I am having a problem with tire temperatures. I'm hoping someone could help. As far as I know, pressures really affect temperatures and increasing press. will allow cooler temps. I have a problem with hot rear tires at alot of different tracks using the FZR. I have been messing with pressures as well as with camber to get the temps down and more even across the tread. Is there another setup setting to play with that affects temperatures?

For example, at Westhill, I just blasted my PB down last night by over a second messing about with the suspension. But, I can't stay consistant as my rears get hot and the back end starts sliding around (I'm already oversteering with the set some). I think my rear pressures were around 31 psi (don't know the other units) and cambers I clicked down one from -0.6 to -0.5. If I mess any more, then I'll end up with way too much pressure and the center will get hotter than the rest. I'm creaping up into the 100-105 C range on temps BTW. I can run like that if I tightened up the back, so when they are heated up, I have the slight oversteer I want. But that isn't the solution I'm looking for.

Is there anything else to mess with that wouldn't mess up the suspension much? I really like how the car handles and it's really quick, for me anyways. I just need to get the temps to stay cooler for longer than 2 laps. I don't want to switch to R3's as I can run R2's for 20 some laps at other places. I have temp problems at Kyoto tracks as well. Aston I seem to be able to run forever on R2's.

I am slowly learning the setup stuff to where I can take a decent set and change it for my driving. I still can't build a set from scratch though.

Thanks for any help that may arise here.
Changing how you drive the car is the best setup changing option that you have available =P Other than that I have no idea other than pressures. My driving is how I change most of it on the most part.
@mrodgers, Westhill is quite a fast track, so you will need quite a lot of negative camber. I always test with 3 laps or so, and then make sure the middle and the inside part of the tyres get about the same temp (maybe the inside just a little hotter).

Then you need to try the pressures. See how it goes when you set almost full pressure at the rear. Maybe you need to add a little to the front pressure too, and and play a bit with the suspension (antirollbar seems easiest for me) to keep balance in the car.

And if that doesn't work, try to be carefull not to spin the rear wheels. And if that doesn't work either, try R3. :P

It's just a matter of trial and error I think.
Patch U isn't as sensitive as patch P/Q was for tyre pressures, but you have to remember that tyre pressure affects grip. So if you've a stable set, but the rears get a bit warm, so increase rear tyre pressure will make the car looser, which a) makes it harder to drive and b) if taken too far will end up heating the tyres further due to excess sliding.

This does of course mean that pressures that prevent the rears overheating with leave the fronts cold, but there's not an easy way round that. Back in patch P tyre pressures affected car balance far more than springs did but I think things are more equal now. But it's still something you cannot forget about.

So always adjust front and rear tyre pressures together to maintain grip balance. On a car like the FZR you'll need less pressure at the front due to the weight distribution, just don't go too far. 30+ psi on the GTR cars sounds like quite a bit to me.
my setup for it runs r2s front and r3s rear, you have to be carefull for the first few bends but after that it stays pretty balanced, plus if you really light up the rear wheels they soon get warm enough
Quote from mrodgers :Speaking of tire pressures, I'll post in this thread instead of starting a new one since the above was answered now.

I am having a problem with tire temperatures. I'm hoping someone could help. As far as I know, pressures really affect temperatures and increasing press. will allow cooler temps. I have a problem with hot rear tires at alot of different tracks using the FZR. I have been messing with pressures as well as with camber to get the temps down and more even across the tread. Is there another setup setting to play with that affects temperatures?

For example, at Westhill, I just blasted my PB down last night by over a second messing about with the suspension. But, I can't stay consistant as my rears get hot and the back end starts sliding around (I'm already oversteering with the set some). I think my rear pressures were around 31 psi (don't know the other units) and cambers I clicked down one from -0.6 to -0.5. If I mess any more, then I'll end up with way too much pressure and the center will get hotter than the rest. I'm creaping up into the 100-105 C range on temps BTW. I can run like that if I tightened up the back, so when they are heated up, I have the slight oversteer I want. But that isn't the solution I'm looking for.

Is there anything else to mess with that wouldn't mess up the suspension much? I really like how the car handles and it's really quick, for me anyways. I just need to get the temps to stay cooler for longer than 2 laps. I don't want to switch to R3's as I can run R2's for 20 some laps at other places. I have temp problems at Kyoto tracks as well. Aston I seem to be able to run forever on R2's.

I am slowly learning the setup stuff to where I can take a decent set and change it for my driving. I still can't build a set from scratch though.

Thanks for any help that may arise here.

Maby it is your raceline, which differs from lap to lap. I have driven setups on many tracks, which super heated my tyres in 2 or three laps. The same set, the really good drivers could take 15 - 20 laps without big damages.

So, be very observant with your line and brake points.

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG