The online racing simulator
OcUK Racing Summer Trophy
(34 posts, started )
We're hosting a league for LFS S2 licensed racers which will run for 12 weeks until the middle of August, starting next week (June 7th).

The season covers many of the car classes available in the game. Races will be held on Wednesday nights at around 7pm British time and will comprise of Qualifying (20 mins) a sprint race and a feature race. Feature races will be of medium length, hoping to provide around 45 mins of racing (not including qualifying or the sprint).

The first round next week (7th June) is a non-championship event for everyone to get together and see if they like the format and the people they are racing with.

There are 20 places available on the server, and 9 of those are currently occupied by OR team members, but I'm opening the rest up to members of the lfs community.

The trophy forum thread can be found here, and the season results and calendar home can be found here.

You don't have to be particularly fast to enter (although it would be more fun for you if you were competative), and you don't have to commit to every race. As long as you can race fair and understand the rules (such as blue flags) then you'll be fine. Obviously any intentional rough play or downright retarded silliness you will be asked to leave.

Entry is by email to myself. Let me know your lfs name, what name you will be racing under in-game, and what team you represent (if any). Hopefully we'll have a full grid for most of the races

If you have any questions, get in touch either through:
email or The Forums
how many places left available?
Provisionally 10 places as there's one unconfirmed, otherwise there are still 11 places left.
For those who might be interested, we're hosting a lengthy race tonight on our server as a warm-up. Anyone who is interested can participate, and the password for tonights race will be posted in the race thread in our forums.

Car and venue is as yet undecided, but you can follow the discussion (and register your interest) here.
No-one interested?

The server has been set up with 20 laps at SO Long using the LX6, RAC and FZ5, with 20 minutes qualifying. Hoping for people to start appearing round about 7:30pm BST.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Heh yeah, Friday night probably a bad choice Thanks for the interest though
Hi
I'd like to join. I'm a newbie in S2 (purchased yesterday), but raced in demo for several months and participated in a small demo championship.
It's unlikely I can participate after mid-July, but anyway I'd like race the first half of the season.
Of course

If you could attend the first race on Wednesday, which is a non-championship event, just to join in and see how you race that would be great. I'll stick you down in the entrant list anyway

Anyone else? Still 9 places available..
Id like to join providing it doesnt clash with the olfsl
I don't know when the OLFSL runs - our races are always gonna be Wednesday nights starting at around 7pm. Do they clash?
The league starts tomorrow (Wednesday 7th) and there are still 8 places available if anyone else is interested.

f1r3b4ll: are you able to enter?

Airborne: I've added you to the entrant list, so hopefully we'll see you there tomorrow. Keep your eye on our forums for password details before the event.
wed nights is cool with me - id love to enter, olfsl is at the weekends
Great stuff

The first race is tonight at 7pm; I'll put you in the official entrant list then, hopefully you'll be able to make it tonight
aye what track / car - im in college at the moment nearly greeting at this small pile of work to finish off :'(
Quote from f1r3b4ll :aye what track / car - im in college at the moment nearly greeting at this small pile of work to finish off :'(

We're racing the UFR at South City Town Course tonight; qualifying, 10 lap sprint then a 30 lap feature race.
I'd like to put my name done to join mate. I myself am a member of OCuk too.
Quote from Blackvault :I'd like to put my name done to join mate. I myself am a member of OCuk too.

Nice one Could you please send me an email with your details as per the original post, and i'll get you added to the entrant list.
i'll race when is the first round?
Quote from anttt69 :i'll race when is the first round?

First round proper is tomorrow, signup details in 1st post.

Cya on track
Quote from anttt69 :i'll race when is the first round?

Pretty much what Bean0 said. The password for tonights race has been sent out; if you want to join in please send me an email with your details and you can race tonight
This coming Wednesday sees us take to Fern Bay Green in the FXO for round 3 of the trophy - we're still looking for more regular competitors, so if you're interested please sign up and come along for some racing :-)
Another appeal for more racers :-)

The rounds so far have been a blast; last night's event at FE Green produced some close battles throughout the field, and hopefully next week at South City Classic we'll get the same.

If there's anyone who wants to race, please send me an email or get in touch through our forums (links in the original post) and we'll get you added to the entrant list.
Hey there, sorry about bailing on the race last night but I was starving. I came home from work at 5:45 jumped strait on the computer and if I's known that the practice was going to take an hour I'd have eaten then as it was I was famished by 8 and lost concentration on lap 2 or 3 (can't remember) by then I had to stop and eat. Next round I'll have eaten before the race starts.
Quote from yegadoyai :Hey there, sorry about bailing on the race last night but I was starving. I came home from work at 5:45 jumped strait on the computer and if I's known that the practice was going to take an hour I'd have eaten then as it was I was famished by 8 and lost concentration on lap 2 or 3 (can't remember) by then I had to stop and eat. Next round I'll have eaten before the race starts.

There isn't a mandatory practice as such - all that happens is that the server is set up for the particular race at 6pm (British time) to allow cup entrants on to the track for a practice if they so wish. As long as you're there for qualifying at around 7pm you're good to go.

Obviously there's nothing to stop you practicing in your own time if you so wish.
My bad, I can't tell what timezone I'm in. I saw the 6pm start and didn't read any further. DOH!

Looking forward to the FOXs.

(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG