The online racing simulator
where'd throttle cut on upshift go???
Patched from Q to U a few minutes ago and can't seem to find the option for "throttle cut on upshift". That's one of the things that's made driving with a joystick doable - has it been removed or am I just not seeing it in one of the screens?

EDIT-the original title of this thread went with a different message, but I figured that one out, lol..
Quote from Tinytacohead :Patched from Q to U a few minutes ago and can't seem to find the option for "throttle cut on upshift". That's one of the things that's made driving with a joystick doable - has it been removed or am I just not seeing it in one of the screens?

EDIT-the original title of this thread went with a different message, but I figured that one out, lol..

Check "Player" menu it's the last option there
I've got "Throttle Blip on Downshift" but nothing below that. I'm certain there used to be a throttle cut on upshift option as well? Manual throttle cutting with a joystick sends me all over the road as there's too many things going as far as stick movement and whatnot. It was cutting on upshift before the patch, now it's not and I can't find the option..?
Hmm, seems it's only available when auto clutching is on, but I'm almost positive I did NOT have auto clutching on before and had the option. Turning auto clutching on sort of defeats the purpose.. I'm trying to drive a sequintial with a button actioned clutch and no automatic crap.
..uh.. i see both right there in player under shift type
Attached images
Image3.jpg
This was originally taken out in the new patch but added back in later on in what i think was a test patch.
Quote from XCNuse :..uh.. i see both right there in player under shift type

You also see "Auto Clutch". Turn that off and "Throttle Cut On Upshift" dissapears, or at least does in my .5u version of the game.. Wish I had the other version I had archived somewhere so I could install it and check things out.
Well that blows. I could drive a sequential "manual" with a joystick before and handle the shifting - now it's either auto clutching or I'm all over the road as I throw more movements at the stick. I know, the game's not designed to be driven with a stick but for awhile it's my only option. Going to go make a simliar post in the Improvements and Suggestions area. Thanks for digging that up war.
Why not drive with auto clutch? Hell even if i had a clutch pedal i probably wouldnt use it
Just one of those things that makes the game so neat - actually having the option of a clutch. I know it's not realistic since I'm driving with a joystick, (as well as an in/out, button assigned clutch), but I suppose I just feel it's a little more realistic actually having a little clutch control. I wish I had whatever version of the game I had before, though I don't see it available in the archive files section and I guess everybody runs the latest anyways. I had no shifting issues till I updated.
The old versions still exist but you wont be able to play online.
oh... heck.. you cant have the clutch do something if you dont have autoclutch on, that makes no sense

thtas like telling someone to make a hamburger when giving them a chicken

i do remember scawen mentioning this in one of the updates, but im not sure which (but it wasn't to long ago) i dont know if this is what it said, but.. well hm maybe imagining this but i remember there being something said about shifting or something like that
Quote from XCNuse :oh... heck.. you cant have the clutch do something if you dont have autoclutch on, that makes no sense

thtas like telling someone to make a hamburger when giving them a chicken...

Precisely my thoughts!
then why is it a problem lol

if you arent using autoclutch then your using a .. clutch obviously, so you dont need either of those
I've already said why it's a problem.. When driving with a joystick you're doing throttle, brake, and steering - all with the stick. Now, yes, it is very possible to blip on downshifts and lift on upshifts, but that really throws alot of added movement at the stick which makes it real easy to send your car swerving all over the road as you're trying to control the throttle. I guess when you posted you meant what you said differently than I took it. Not really sure why what I'm saying is so hard for people to understand though - short of the lazy ones that say just use auto clutch. I guess I'm just trying to get the most realism as I can, while still making it driveable with a Joystick. They had things set in that department before, not anymore though, heh.
Quote from sil3ntwar :Why not drive with auto clutch? Hell even if i had a clutch pedal i probably wouldnt use it

Short and sweet, it feels more like GT4. Yesterday I was looking at a certain, real, car to buy, and decided to see if it was in any of the Gran Turismo games, so I could go drive it around. (I know, not completely realistic, but still fun, and I do own all of the GT's) I checked GT3 first and remembered how cool it was that they'd flubbed up and had that little glitch with using the Reverse button as an upshift/downshift control. (which allowed for variable shift times) But yeah, just banging up and down through the gears with Auto clutch feels less realistic and more like all the other games out there. Like I said before, it used to simulate the most realism possible for the driveability my input device allows.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG