The online racing simulator
Request: A direct to rift launcher for LFS
I am in a minority here. I can not get my dk2 to work in extended mode. This means I can only run demos that have a direct to rift launch option. LFS does not have this and I can not play it. I don't know how much work it would take to create a new launcher like this, but I'm throwing it out there. I'm a long time sim racer that has been dying to try VR in a sim for over a year and it's killing me that I can't now that I have a rift.

The reason for my issue? I and the community still have no idea. I've been in touch with some well respected community members and they all seem baffled. It could be related to using a thunderbolt to HDMI adaptor because I'm running boot camp on iMac, but considering it works fine in direct mode, it is unlikely that it's because of that. I should add that I do get signal in the headset during extended mode, its just either flickering/glitching like crazy or the orientation is reversed, upside down or left in right and right in left. I've spent hours at this. Mind numbing.

Again, I don't know if it's possible and I see to be the only one with this specific issue, but if anyone with the power thinks they can make this possible I would literally.. do stuff.
Have you tried installing up to date graphics drivers? Bootcamp tends to come with relatively out of date GPU drivers (and, in the case of ATi, without catalyst). Maybe extended mode will work in that case.

FWIW, I have played most of my LFS from a laptop, using a Mini DisplayPort connected display as my "main" monitor for most of the time I've spent playing LFS. This fundamentally shouldn't be any different than that.

Also, inb4 haters going "get a real computer".
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Have you tried installing up to date graphics drivers? Bootcamp tends to come with relatively out of date GPU drivers (and, in the case of ATi, without catalyst). Maybe extended mode will work in that case.

FWIW, I have played most of my LFS from a laptop, using a Mini DisplayPort connected display as my "main" monitor for most of the time I've spent playing LFS. This fundamentally shouldn't be any different than that.

Also, inb4 haters going "get a real computer".

Yeah everything is up to date. Im sure its something setup related, nothing to do with the hardware or drivers. I just can't figure it out. Anyway Im about to go on holidays for 2 weeks so hopefully when I get back things will work.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG