The online racing simulator
LFS Rift Meet 2014
(69 posts, started )
Hey, is that a typo or do you really mean to do it on a Friday Jason? :o
Hope you are enjoying the Rift btw!
So is the date certain then? ;p And becky, what airport is most suitable for you? And are you aviable the day before friday aswell (due to MUCH cheaper plane tickets compared to friday)?
Yes Neil people arrive Friday night and leave Sunday normally

Seems like the date works so why not Tor.
d'oh! /me fails!
for some reason I thought maybe you were doing a one-day version of the meet (but then Saturday woulda made more sense ;P). <cough>

aaaanyway - on an unhappy note, am gonna need to check, but i suddenly have a sinking feeling that that's the w/e my son goes back to uni so my absence might not go down well... :|
Hokay! Let's have a deadline til monday the upcoming week to know if we're going for the date Jason, two weeks warning should be a minimum

Btw, maybe since we got more time on saturday, you could take us around in the local area? I'm amazed by the nature around your place, and maybe just a walk or anything in the area would be of interest of people?
And of course, you gotta let me try that rift, eagerly (spelled?) waiting
Hi Tor Thursday should be good for me - but we'll head to Jason's on the Friday afternoon/early evening so that Medusa is not home alone too long, I'll be booking it tomorrow.

The airports have not changed since page 1! Take your pick...

Quote from BeckyRose :
Birmingham (59min)
East Midlands Airport [Castle Donington] (1h01min)
Luton (1h01min)
Stansted (1h21min)

How the hell do you belive my span of attention would manage something as insanely as 1 page?! Jeez!

Great stuff, how is monday for you btw? Going to work then? Again plane tickets thingy aswell as no-stress sunday, but this is all a matter what suits you. Meanwhile I'll check the tickets and wait for final confirmation date on this thing!

Ps: since you enjoyed "havregryn" as much last time Becky, maybe I should bring with me something new and totally awesome from the land of ice and snow this year too?
Date is set. Sounds good to go out Saturday as long as the weather isn't too bad..
Monday is also fine Tor, in many ways its better because less rushing around .

Plus this way you get 2 nights in a gay bar.. Or two Knights, depending upon your point of view
Hahahah! Well I can't say no to such an offer
I tok a look on the airports, it will have to be Stansted, since the other dont have direct routes - meaning 5+ hours flight and rather insane costs. (I know this might just could be taken in a message, but writing it here instead).

Arriving London Stansted (Ryanair names are confusing) 25.09 (19:25), and leaving same airport 29.09 (14:05) !
That's cool, just don't plan on staying long in the airport. Stansteds short stay car park costs more than the GDP of South America.
I'm out, at a birthday party that weekend.
That's a damned shame Bob
Darn :/ Who Im going to beat then?
So can you all please reply here if you are coming and you need any more info.

I already know TVE and Becky, but anyone else?
Me
Cool Rob, I assume you know the address etc?
Yay, I had given up hope. Shame about no karting, but it'll be nice to see you all. Date isn't perfect, but this trumps my other plans, so please sign me up. Anyone want a lift from Bristol, e.g. the airport? Sorry I've been a bit late to spot this.

Bruce
damnit...wrong country - lack of money
would love to attend...maybe next time.
If anyone coming needs my address, please pm me.
Sigh. It was looking for a while as though I was gonna be able to make it after all - my son was going to head back to uni a bit early. But then the plan changed back again, argh.

So - enjoy yourselves, you lot!
Hmm... Can't quite decide whether to come now, as there are two mates' leaving the country parties, plus a band I'm friends with playing... Arg, why do I have a quiet social life and then 5 things all happen on the same night. I had bought some extra Wii U controllers too, for some Mario Kart battling, in lieu of real karts. Can't decide, but thought I should say my resolve is wobbling.
Bruce, I can't offer you more than a free weekend of drinking, geek chats, occulus rifts, lfs, BBQ's, poker, pool, darts, junk food, a place to stay and good company...

I would say though to everyone else in the community, you are more than welcome to come join us for a weekend, or even a day if you want (Saturday), for some drinks etc.

It is free, you get free accommodation and all the things mentioned above.

I only ask you let me know beforehand
Jason, want me / us to pick up some stuff to drink on the way to your place or will you have everything sorted out? If thats the case let me at least pay for some of it or I'll feel like a freeloather
Come on Bruce if you do go, want to head up in 1 car? Save some fuel and toll money

LFS Rift Meet 2014
(69 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG