The online racing simulator
Wiring G27 pedals into a joystick PCB
I recently acquired a set of G27 pedals (without the G27) and am looking at wiring the pots to a joystick PCB. If possible, I want to avoid purchasing an interfacing board like Leo Bodnar.

The PCB I am looking at using will be pulled from a Logitech Atk 3. G27 pots are rated at 10K ohms, while the original Atk 3 pots were 100K Ohms. Would this cause a problem where I've depressed the brake pedal all the way down, and the Atk 3 only reporting only part of the brake pedal being pressed down?
No, the potentiometers divide the voltage, so the range will still be the same.
Not sure if I'm wiring it properly, but while in the Atk 3, I get approximately full travel shows up as 20% of the axis range and really bad resolution. Currently, I have the pedals in an interface for the Act Labs pedals. In there, full travel gets 90% of the axis range. Is there someway where I could solder in some resistors to get the full axis range?

EDIT: or alternatively, any type of program that can "cut off" the ends of the axis.
you could try using DxTweak2 to adjust the axis' (its what I need to use to get my clutch to work correctly). But maybe the resoltution is really too bad for throttle and brake. What other wheel do you use? All Logitech wheels I had had the same range of potis and thus work with each other (I run G25 pedals on a DFGT)

Attached images
DFPG25modi.png
Attached files
DXTweak2.zip - 126.4 KB - 337 views
Thanks for the reply ACCAkut. I've always been a fan of your H-Shifter/DIY pedal posts and have also started a DIY H-shifter endeavour last year - pending completion. I also have a DFGT but would like to avoid plugging them into it if possible. It would be pretty simple to build an adapter to interface the different pinouts. The problem would be with the clutch which would still require some sort of interface itself. If only the rotary dial on the wheel was a pot...

I was wondering if there was a way of physically modifying the G27 pedal stops. That way, I could get 10% more pot travel and the remaining 10% of the axis remaining.

EDIT: Regarding the wiring diagram, I noticed that it says 10-100kOhm. Is that referring to the pot range? :S getting anywhere from 0.9 and 3.7 kOhms from pole to ground across the range. Weird enough, if I measure the resistance across the entire pot (between the +5V and ground), I get 3.4 kOhms. Huh?

Probably gonna go the DXTweak or DFGT route. I think it's just gonna be a lot easier.
Project completed
Simple little project, took about 2.5 hrs which was longer than expected. I ended up using the Act Labs RS pedal interface that the seller gave me for free. Two problems with this build are the short USB cable which will be solved using a small footprint USB extension cable, and the potentiometer movement showing up as only ~80% of the axis travel on the computer. I used DXTweak2 and it works really well. I'm still getting used to the stiffer brake pedal which is killing my laptimes but I think I will get used to it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG