The online racing simulator
#1 - Ozgun
Blackwood GP, Porsche 997 GT3 RSR from iRacing, running on Assetto Corsa engine
Looks like it has more grip than FXR in the chicane

Basicaly when running the same tracks in different game engines, you can figure out which has the most realistic physics
First of all, iRacing doesn't have a porsche and this one doesn't even look close to what iRacing has, neither the interrior nor the chassis. I'd rather guess that's a cheap conversion from an rFactor 1-2 GT3 mod.

@bogdani, comparing games through cheap mods on which developers spent less than a week to code the physics? I guess it's totally legit, not.
#4 - Ozgun
Quote from Kristi :First of all, iRacing doesn't have a porsche and this one doesn't even look close to what iRacing has, neither the interrior nor the chassis. I'd rather guess that's a cheap conversion from an rFactor 1-2 GT3 mod.

Apparently that's true:

Quote from Kristi :@bogdani, comparing games through cheap mods on which developers spent less than a week to code the physics? I guess it's totally legit, not.

Well then, that means modding is pointless since pretty much all the tracks suck and they feel like NFS. Unless someone who doesn't get a dime decides to spend more of his own life coding a track for a bunch of people on the internet.
Oh god, those sound effects are just...horrible!
How has he done that digital display behind his steering wheel, I like that

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :How has he done that digital display behind his steering wheel, I like that

Fordie

That's part of the mod
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk6tuyg_xqQ
Quote from bogdani.cojocaru :Well then, that means modding is pointless since pretty much all the tracks suck and they feel like NFS. Unless someone who doesn't get a dime decides to spend more of his own life coding a track for a bunch of people on the internet.

I didn't say that, but having a rushed up car mod with a badly scaled track that even it's owner admitted wasn't a 100% replica of the LFS track, hence it's built from scratch. You don't really need to take the same track in different sims to compare the two and well, what point would it prove anyway? Comparing physics of different sims feels dull, due to the fact that most of these sims have more to offer than just physics and to take an example, someone who sticks with iRacing most probably doesn't do it for the physics.
You can turn your tablet or phone or whatever else display device into a dashboard.
For android phones it is as easy as downloading some app:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCA8jtHH19s
I was suprised how well it worked and how easy it was to set up, took literally 2 minutes. In that video he seems to have something similiar.
Quote from Gutholz :You can turn your tablet or phone or whatever else display device into a dashboard.
I was suprised how well it worked and how easy it was to set up, took literally 2 minutes. In that video he seems to have something similiar.

Cool Gutholz, is there an App for AC then?

Fordie
Haha the application worked here

look:

Nice app ;D my cellphone is low capacity, have lag!! but very funy one dashboard ;D
But that's LFS....I am talking AC on an AC post

Fordie
Quote from bogdani.cojocaru :Looks like it has more grip than FXR in the chicane

Basicaly when running the same tracks in different game engines, you can figure out which has the most realistic physics

Going by the video the lap was a 1:16ish, basically: a UFR/XFR time. He wasn't going as fast as he could so the car looked more planted.

How many games does this mean Blackwood is in now? I'm sure it's in rFactor and probably rFactor II. It's the fake track that's in the most games at 4+?
had not looked that was paid but this showed that if that is the same images, is beautifully finished in; D
Just waiting for my Samsung TAB2 to charge, that should look pretty cool on that...oh might need to dust it first LOL

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :If you look closely, it looks like a tablet or something else, it's not part of the monitor ??

Fordie

Oh lol, I thought you are talking about the one just above the wheel on windscreen.
Quote :Only pCars: Water Temperature, Oil Temperature, Brakes Temperature, Track Temperature, Ambient Temperature, Wind speed, Cloud brightness and Rain severity.

You can't read those in AC? (Apart from the rain ofc.)
Quote from Gutholz :You can turn your tablet or phone or whatever else display device into a dashboard.

How to make it work? I edited cfg file after Help menu, Wifi ON, nothing happens
Writing about competitive racing games in the official LFS forum really is missing regard. I appreciate that the devs/mods tolerate that though.

But come on, I often noticed that you guys do that in the General LFS Discussion.
That's the absolute wrong place.
Quote from pasibrzuch :How to make it work? I edited cfg file after Help menu, Wifi ON, nothing happens

You need an App for phone/tablet then you need the APP on your PC.

Google HD Dash

Fordie

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG