The online racing simulator
Reupload a diffrent skin with same name?
I want to make a v2 of a skin. What happens if I delete old one and upload the new one with the same name?
#2 - amp88
If other people have already downloaded your previous version of the skin (V1) and have it in the skin cache on their computer the new version won't be downloaded to replace it. If other people don't have V1 downloaded then V2 will be downloaded instead. You're better off uploading it with a different name to ensure that everyone gets V2 of the skin.
Quote from amp88 :If other people have already downloaded your previous version of the skin (V1) and have it in the skin cache on their computer the new version won't be downloaded to replace it. If other people don't have V1 downloaded then V2 will be downloaded instead. You're better off uploading it with a different name to ensure that everyone gets V2 of the skin.

Yea thats what I though too.. Guess I'll upload it with a new name. Thanks.
Attached images
skin.JPG
#5 - amp88
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :

Oh... Nice, guess I should look more before I make threads..
Sorry for being so blind and thanks for this screen. Very useful!
Quote from amp88 :Oh, wow...I stand corrected. When was that feature added? Sorry, r3zp3k7.

Dont worry, happens to everyone. I though the same as you, but its good that Daniel showed up.
#9 - amp88
Quote from amp88 :Hmm, now that's odd. I'm sure I've seen the behaviour where a new skin with the same filename was not downloaded by a client a few years ago.

I can confirm that sometimes the new skin is not re-downloaded by other clients. That check is not relliable enough or fast enough to be trusted 100%.
I remember I tested it few months ago because of something completly other, and it worked like instantly.
For me it failed at least once. Half of the people (the ones that were with me on the practice sesion and had my old skin) on the grid didn't get my updated skin.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG