The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :I made a mistake just answering sicotange's question and now people are trying to make me talk.

Did that really surprise you? You are the only source of information about the developement of LFS, so when you start talking about things to come we want to squeze as much info as we can since we rarely have a chance to, expecialy in the last couple of years.

Don't get us wrong, we just want to throw money at you. We admire your work and we are grateful that you have created the best racing simulator for us to play and that over 10 years later you are still there trying to make it even better.

If you threat our curiosity as a threat, then we are sorry.
Quote from Amynue :If you threat our curiosity as a threat, then we are sorry.

Well, like Scawen said.. the last time he got tempted by our curiosity, it costed him years of punishment. He's making sure he doesn't get bitten by the same snake twice.

The people who are still angry about the eternal delays are the people who haven't yet gone through the various stages. First anger, then frustration, then finally acceptance and patience. Lots of us have gotten to the latter stages. There's a vocal minority that still haven't progressed past the first 2 stages.
let him finish this 3d patch after that we can speak about " near future update ".

but I think its intermediate update to have good basis for s3 content, maybe it will be graphics update + tires physique.
I`m just please that you are still involved with LFS,

Keep up the good work
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Well, like Scawen said.. the last time he got tempted by our curiosity, it costed him years of punishment.

"Years of punishment" were a result of the neverending tyre physics developement holding everything back. It's been over 5 years since the unfortunate Scirroco delay which started all this mess and it's still going. It's been a hard time for both devs and players.

If that incompatible patch does contain the tyre physics, it could be the end of the "years of punishment". It's kind of hard not to get excited about something that we have been waiting for since 2008.

All we can do is wait and speculate, since Scawen won't tell us what's exactly going on behind the scenes.
Quote from Scawen :I'm not talking about it any more.

Sorry but the tyre physics will not be ready in the incompatible patch.
Quote from Scawen :Sorry but the tyre physics will not be ready in the incompatible patch.

Thank you for clarifying that. Now lets head back to the waiting room.
Quote from lfsrm :l
but I think its intermediate update to have good basis for s3 content, maybe it will be graphics update + tires physique.

let the conspirations begin . Come on, now, I can run LFS with 2X more anti aliasing, so Im fine, untill I buy a new pc (next month )

Quote from Scawen :Sorry but the tyre physics will not be ready in the incompatible patch.

I bet that if you would release test version of physics that you areworking on (even unoptimised) it would cause so much hype that all players would return But anyway, good work so far... and good luck in your next work.
Quote from Scawen :Assuming you aren't deliberately trying to wind me up just for the fun of it, I'll post you a link to explain the very good reasons to stick with DirectX 9:
https://www.lfsforum.net/showt ... php?p=1857760#post1857760

I rather you would spend your time actually getting a decent release of the game out. Actually, don't bother. I've not touched LFS in years because of an utter lack of development on your part. I'll let you continue at your "not wanting to be part of the corporate games world" pace...
And after reading that post and trying to understand why on earth your development model is constrained in such a way, I realize why this game is doomed. Your poor bugger, what a pointless project you've ended up working on. Feel free to ban me forever, even being remotely associated with this mess is embarrassing to me.
Quote from yeager :I rather you would spend your time actually getting a decent release of the game out. Actually, don't bother. I've not touched LFS in years because of an utter lack of development on your part. I'll let you continue at your "not wanting to be part of the corporate games world" pace...

Wow someone is a sourpuss.

What's not decent about the current release of the game?
Quote from yeager :And after reading that post and trying to understand why on earth your development model is constrained in such a way, I realize why this game is doomed. Your poor bugger, what a pointless project you've ended up working on. Feel free to ban me forever, even being remotely associated with this mess is embarrassing to me.

Now you're being a retard. LFS is still (one of) the most realistic race sims out there. It might not be the best looking game on the market, but that was never the point of LFS. What do you prefer? The rapid and shitty development of games like pCars? I'd rather have a stable game that we don't have to beta test.

But I guess there's no reason to even discuss with you with such an idiotic attitude.
yeager, updating out of DirectX 9 is not going to magically supply better graphics or anything that LFS will gain from. I don't understand your point and this thread is not for complaining. Of course your posts and mine will likely be cleaned up, but you're complaining about something so silly.

I'm glad to see the development is continuing, and yes it might be slow, but I will certainly continue trying out the new developments, and also continue waiting for more.
Quote from Bose321 :Wow someone is a sourpuss.

What's not decent about the current release of the game?

Ahh man, don't try and drag me into this. Your argument here is like saying... "What's wrong with using a 1mb cable modem with your single core PC". The current game is great, but lack of development, i.e. no significant release of new content which the community has been asking for in YEARS has resulted in many people just not playing anymore. This game is dead, the development model and the communication skills of its developers is horrific.

Compare LFS with something like Minecraft. Minecraft, like LFS, has a simple yet amazingly effective gameplay. LFS has excellent race quality. I've had races in LFS that reflect real life situations. It was quickly addictive. Unfortunately where it failed was in the developers taking advantage of the initial rise in interest and use that to give the community what it wanted.

1. New content, new features, often.
2. Ability to design/modify tracks.

Sure you can modify the game to create fun cruise servers, but come on. Please...

LFS had massive potential that was barely realized and has a small following of racers. Such a shame. This game could be so much better. But it has been limited by lack of interest and poor choices from its development team.
Quote from blackbird04217 :yeager, updating out of DirectX 9 is not going to magically supply better graphics or anything that LFS will gain from. I don't understand your point and this thread is not for complaining. Of course your posts and mine will likely be cleaned up, but you're complaining about something so silly.

I'm glad to see the development is continuing, and yes it might be slow, but I will certainly continue trying out the new developments, and also continue waiting for more.

Unlike the person above this post, you make very valid points. You are right, compiling to the latest version of DirectX isn't that important. What I was really venting about was the amazing lack of development in this software. Anyone trying to defend the progress so far is insane. This game had potential and it's stalled for YEARS. Unfortunate, but true.

Delete these posts. Delete my account. I don't care. LFS is great, but dead.
yeager, please have a go on the test patch and let us know if it works well.

To attack or insult us you should start another thread. You are way off topic here.
Quote from Scawen :yeager, please have a go on the test patch and let us know if it works well.

To attack or insult us you should start another thread. You are way off topic here.

Indeed, Sorry, I won't even bother posting another thread. Delete these.

NOTE : THIS DOES NOT CONTAIN NEW TYRE PHYSICS / VW SCIROCCO / ROCKINGHAM

Unless the above changes to reflect some significant improvements, the test patch isn't worth looking at.
Quote from yeager :Unlike the person above this post, you make very valid points.

Says the person who compares Minecraft with LFS. Sure the progress is slow. Sure, their communication is rubbish. That doesn't make it a shit game. It's still a solid game after many years. Sure it lost a few players, that still doesn't mean it's dead. It's dead when no one is playing it.

Bit more on-topic: I am really eager to try out VR. I think it would be an unmatched level of immersion. I think this is the most awesome thing I can imagine for racing games. The only problem I can think of is that my LEDs on my displays would no longer be visible. Would be cool if it were possible to create some on-screen apps that project on top of the game for that. Lets hope the consumer version of the Rift will be a bit cheaper. I can't really justify paying 350 dollar for this yet...

edit: Wouldn't it be an idea to launch a bug tracker (Mantis, Mozilla Bug tracker, etc) for keeping an eye on bugs? I'm not sure how you manage them right now (if you do), but I think that would be handy. I can't imagine random posts and threads on the forum are an efficient way of tracking bugs and problems in your software. Sure, there's the bug report section on the forum, but that can't be a good way?
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG